News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Gauging Interest: Serious IFAK for Instructors

Started by HammBone, March 03, 2020, 10:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HammBone

Ohio Instructor Corps,

Redleg and I have taken a TCCC (Tactical Combat Casualty Course) as an additional skill in our collections. These courses go WAY beyond basic first aid and deal with traumatic, life-threatening injuries. Care for this type of injury follows the MARCH acronym for proper order of treatment: Massive hemorrhage, Airway, Respirations, Circulatory shock, Head injury/Hypothermia.

After going through this, I would suggest EVERYONE get this type of training. Accidents with firearms will usually cause injuries dealt with by this specialized care.

An IFAK (Individual First Aid Kit) or trauma kit or blowout kit is a specialized set of tools to help the average citizen save a life without crossing over the "good Samaritan" line. Remember, we should only give care within our level of competence.

Having heard all of that, Redleg and I would like to offer you, the Ohio Instructor Corps, the ability to get a top-of-the-line trauma kit for a very good price. He has a friend who can get North American Rescue SIRK Gen 2 Supplemental IFAK Resupply Kits for a medical provider cost. These kits normally go for $130 plus shipping.

We have decided to team up and buy ten resupply kits to get the good price and then pair them with a Condor EMT Lite belt pouch. We are offering these at our cost for $100 shipped via USPS Priority Mail. Here are some pictures of my kit. We can get them in hi-viz red or in the olive drab green.

We will need ten of you to say "I WANT ONE!" before kicking this off.

HammBone

1st Appleseed/Cleared Redcoat/Rifleman: 4/20/2013 - Miamisburg, OH
1st Known Distance Rifleman: 11/3/2018 - New Philadelphia, OH
1st Winterseed Rifleman: 1/26/2019 - Liberty Center, OH
Donned the Red Hat: 6/16/2019 - Wilmington, OH

"Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young." - Anonymous

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper

GTEngineer

Is this offer available outside of OH?  If so, I'd like to throw my name in the pot.  Glad to also cover the difference in postage if needed.  I'm in WA state.
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;..."
Ecclesiastes 9:10

1st Appleseed: Nov 16/17, 2013. Gurley, AL
2nd Appleseed IIT0: April 19, 2014.  Rising Fawn, GA

KD:
May 24/25, 2015. Manchester TN

RFKD:
Aug 20/21, 2022. Bothell WA

Requal:
Sept 30, 2017 Custer, WA
Feb 9, 2020 Redmond, WA
Apr 11, 2021 Redmond WA

Pistoleer™:
Nov 23, 2019 Eagle Creek, OR

Pistoleer™ requal:
May 22, 2021 Parma, ID
Mar 12, 2023 Redmond, WA

NRA Rifle Instructor

Crazyduckhunter

cwcdl79

Where were you Sunday when I ordered everything for a kit?
Dangnabbits!

HammBone

Quote from: GTEngineer on March 04, 2020, 12:54:18 AM
Is this offer available outside of OH?  If so, I'd like to throw my name in the pot.  Glad to also cover the difference in postage if needed.  I'm in WA state.

Should be possible. I am waiting to see if there is enough interest. I will put you on the list.

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper

Cadence

Mitch,
Put me on the list for one.

If we get close, I might be able to spring for 2
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Jerry Hall

Sign me up for 2(two), plus shipping to El Paso, Texas 79935
Thanks,
Jerry RN Ret.(Level 1 Trauma Center - Emergency and ICU)
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Tennessee Beast

Put me down for one.  Tennessee (obviously)  ::)
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Captain

There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

HammBone

That's nine including the text I got last night if Cadence takes two. We need one more!

Captain

Thanks for putting this together by the way. About 100 times more likely to need a med kit than a carry gun (although I hope I never need either one!)
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

NJrefugee

Charles McKinley

I'll take one if you can do more than the 10 you originally offered.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

HammBone

OK, we have a quorum. I'm going to close this offer for now so we can finalize order quantities for the SIRK kits that provide all the supplies. Redleg is working that angle and will know something soon. Once he has the supply locked down, I will send out a forum PM to all of you to arrange payment and shipping details. Hoping to have these all done and shipped in two weeks, but timing will depend on North American Rescue.

Thanks very much for your interest!

HammBone

Twineagles

if you do a second run add me to that list for 1.

Mike
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

HammBone

Mike,

We had one spare so you are in for the first batch.

HammBone

GTEngineer

Really appreciate this!  Let me know if this opportunity is available again and I'll coordinate with the rest of the volunteers up here in the PNW tri-state region and see if there are any more interest.

Quote from: HammBone on March 05, 2020, 08:54:11 AM
OK, we have a quorum. I'm going to close this offer for now so we can finalize order quantities for the SIRK kits that provide all the supplies. Redleg is working that angle and will know something soon. Once he has the supply locked down, I will send out a forum PM to all of you to arrange payment and shipping details. Hoping to have these all done and shipped in two weeks, but timing will depend on North American Rescue.

Thanks very much for your interest!

HammBone
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;..."
Ecclesiastes 9:10

1st Appleseed: Nov 16/17, 2013. Gurley, AL
2nd Appleseed IIT0: April 19, 2014.  Rising Fawn, GA

KD:
May 24/25, 2015. Manchester TN

RFKD:
Aug 20/21, 2022. Bothell WA

Requal:
Sept 30, 2017 Custer, WA
Feb 9, 2020 Redmond, WA
Apr 11, 2021 Redmond WA

Pistoleer™:
Nov 23, 2019 Eagle Creek, OR

Pistoleer™ requal:
May 22, 2021 Parma, ID
Mar 12, 2023 Redmond, WA

NRA Rifle Instructor

Laredo

I want one... if you have any extra or do another order.

thanks!
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

HammBone

Laredo - Will put you into the list for this first batch in case someone changes their mind.

Rattlehead

Add me to the list for another run. I have a kit but could use a backup.

Thanks for throwing this together :beer:.

NJrefugee

Please add me to the list if you do another run. I'd take 4 or 5.  Thanks!

purple_patch

Sorry I am late to the game! If any are still available I would love to purchase one. THANK YOU!!!

HammBone

UPDATE 03/07/20

Redleg contacted his source for the SIRK kits and they are currently sold out. Not sure if the COVID-19 scare is affecting the whole medical supplies industry but that's where we stand. He will continue to check on availability and I will open this back up so when they do re-stock more of you can be in the first order.

Sorry for the delay, but we are at the mercy of his supplier.

HammBone

Jerry Hall

"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Shep

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." -Thomas Jefferson

Charles McKinley

Understood.  Let me know when they are available.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

TallSteve

My wife and I have taken a similar course and are interested.  We would like to get two when they are available, if you can include us.  We will pay shipping to Northern California.  Thank you!  Great idea! 
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees*. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

d2331

I'd be interested in one as well.

How did you find out about the class?  I've been interested in these classes but I haven't found one close by.  If anyone has any good websites with schedule I'd be grateful if you could post them.

:F

HammBone

Go online and search for "Tactical Combat Casualty Course" or "TCCC Medical". I found mine at the local state college.

goodoldfriend

I am really late to this party.
If this opens up again or comes back online, please let me know.
I want one.
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016