News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hollywood, Fl - February 29 2019 - AAR

Started by ScubaSteve, March 02, 2020, 09:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScubaSteve

What a great weekend with a great group of south Florida folks. We had 15 shooters come out to shoot and learn about our great history on this one day shoot at the Hollywood Rifle and Pistol club. After safety and passing out many loaner rifles we were ready for our first red coat. With only 5 of 15 shooters getting 3 rounds in any target we knew we had work to do.

Off to our squares targets. Boy those one inch squares look small, dont they?

One day events are  fast paced but it was a cool day so we pushed hard. Groups are startling to close up. A little IMC and we are getting a target. Our first demo of the day was graced by two resident foxes. Fun to see them considering we are downtown.

Our rifleman persisted all day without one word of complaint. By the time our first AQT was complete 10 of the 15 shooters were turning in scores above 125 making marksman out of them.

At the end of the day 14 out of 15 shooters landed 3 rounds in at least one of the red coat targets. A huge improvement over the morning.  We only revealed two Rifleman this weekend. Vic with a high score of 225 and Sauer with a 212.

Congrats go out to Nestor, Isabel, Steven, and Devin that all turned in scores in the sharpshooter category.

I hope to see many of you back April 18 and 19. many of you are knocking on the door of Rifleman.

BlueMermaid

Thank you to all of the instructors for an awesome day of marksmanship and history and to the Hollywood Rifle and Pistol Club for hosting us. My son Nestor and I had a fantastic time. A special thank you goes to Miss Wendy for taking the time during a fast-paced program to help me learn how to find my NPOA, to assume proper shooting positions, and to implement the six steps of firing a shot. I got a lot to practice!

Pirategirl

What a great day!!  Loved it, loved it, loved it.  Congrats to our Riflemen, to the others, keep working at it, and we'll see ya at the next one!
What doesn't kill you makes cool scars, and scars are tattoos with better stories.

Pirategirl

Check out Miss Conduct
What doesn't kill you makes cool scars, and scars are tattoos with better stories.

Tennessee Beast

I'm digging the pic of the M1 with a bayonet.  :1luvu
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe