News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Elizabeth Zane

Started by T. WOLF, January 14, 2020, 07:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T. WOLF

The story of Elizabeth Zane is a popular one to tell here in Michigan.  JAR just published a new article with lots of interesting details I wasn't previously familiar with:

https://allthingsliberty.com/2020/01/betty-zane-and-the-siege-of-fort-henry-september-1782/
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

T. WOLF

This is great:

Some of the attackers may have recognized the swivel gun atop the barracks.  The verbal exchanges between the fort's defenders and their attackers involved yelled speculation about whether the gun was made of wood and defender dares to find out.  The defenders eventually fired it, ending any speculation.

;D :~
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780