News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Las Vegas, NV December 14th-15th

Started by whangdoodle, December 16, 2019, 07:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whangdoodle

Las Vegas, Nevada
Last shoot of the decade

The type of shoot that represents what Project Appleseed is really about. Our event comprised of families learning together, aspiring riflemen returning to earn the patch, and volunteers sacrificing the comforts of home to make it all possible.

We started the weekend with a sold out line. Twenty in all. Instructors came in from far away and long ago. We had a few returning shooters hunting for their patch. Jeremy showed that rifleman certainly do persist. Two first timers also earned their rifleman credentials. Congratulations to Andrew and David. Our December weekend in the desert proved sunny in weather and disposition. We had shifting hips and climbing scores. Coats came off and on but when the sun started setting on the final day, the desert was telling us it was time to go. We stood on the range and heard the words of Patrick Henry to mark off the last shoot of the year.  It was easy to imagine myself standing outside that Richmond church listening in on that cold march day. I wondered to myself if it was the bitter wind or the words that sent a chill up my spine.

From an instructor standpoint, it was bittersweet when the class was asked if they had heard the story of April 19th and no one raised their hand. We love to share the tale and the heritage to those deprived but this was a reminder to why the program is so important. Our little range on the outskirts of Sin City hosted some of the best instruction and history I've witnessed courtesy of Captain and Morpheus. A big thanks goes out to them for reaching out in times of need. I'd also like to thank Persistent_1 for coming out of hibernation and helping out.

Starting the new decade off right in Nevada, we have four events scheduled for 2020
As our state motto says
"All for our country"

See you next year!

derschneller

This was my second Appleseed and my first to earn a qualifying score. Listening to the stories remains my favorite part of the day. Getting expert instruction, coaching and supervised practice is a great way to spend a weekend and then you couple it with historic information and it's really special. I will certainly be back to continue learning and enjoying the weekend.

Thanks to all of the instructors who helped provide so much personal coaching.

derschneller

And a particular shout out to Morpheus for the impassioned recitation of Patrick Henry - that was a great end to the day looking out toward Red Rock Canyon and the evening took on a chill.

Mark P

Mama Bear & the twin cubs definitely enjoyed their class this weekend.
They are already talking about taking the next one. The rifleman hook has been set.

Thanks to all the instructor staff for their contributions.

Until next time
Mark P

sleepy

All I can say is wish I was there!

Las Vegas is on the front line of the fight for America, and it sounds like this particular shoot was a spectacular win.

Captain

I realized my photos didn't make it into the forum so here they are. You can click on any photo to see it larger and click it again to switch back to the smaller size.

Desert Sportsman's

Sunrise over the target line 

Lunch and the First Strike

Second Strike and the North Bridge

Hasty sling

Cleaned redcoat target!

Day 1 Benediction

Young patriots

There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Captain

Day 2 was beautiful and gave everyone a chance to test what they learned on the AQT.

Breathtaking!

Shooters in "prep" 

Redcoats

Prone

Captain

The afternoon brought several new Riflemen and some great history.

Review of standing

Proper storytelling headgear 

Closing out the Clinic

Rifleman patches

Morpheus speaks from the heart . . .

Give me liberty, or give me death.

TaosGlock

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Ramblin' Wreck

Looks like a great event. My favorite history block is listening to Morpheus channel Patrick Henry. HUZZAH!

Wreck.
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown