News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Eagle Creek, OR AAR Pistol Clinic Sun Nov 24

Started by Kimber Custom, November 20, 2019, 01:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimber Custom

This weekend we are doing 2 dry runs of the new Project Appleseed Pistol Clinic. Going to be a very full line. Looking forward to your feedback.

JS624

Cant wait till this wknd.
Looking forward to it

CarrollMS

Sounds good. Look forward to reading about it.
"Pro Libertate"
Distinguished,
Known Distance,
Rimfire KD 200

Snow Snake

Without Knowledge,Skill cannot be focused.Without Skill,Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength,Knowledge may not be applied.
   - Alexander The Great
"The other side of every fear is a freedom."- Ferguson
" Hey Mikey, I'm about to punch that time clock"-Lone Survivor

watzizzname

Unfortunately I had to leave early on Sunday, but here are the pics that Leia and I took : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LtQoame7VHeNhptYPnu4r76ARVqtny4m

A huge THANK YOU  :bow:  to Kimber Custom, bluegrasscolonel and Ghostring ( & anyone else that had a hand in it) for making this event happen. This was truly an "appleseed" experience in terms of the amount of information presented. I am looking forward to putting the education I received over the weekend to practice. While I may have scored a qualifying score on Saturday, I definitely have room to grow (211 will not be my high water mark  ;) ) I was glad to see the red coat target used on Sunday AM as a baseline like we do at rifle events. I heard an idea floated around about having a similar target used, with a design specific to pistol events, which sounds pretty cool. Also, we tried to get Whit a chance to hit a qualifying score, but unfortunately he had to leave even earlier than I did, and only got one chance on Sunday.  I look forward to re-qualifying (with a better score) and rolling this out to the public.

Now, if we can just verify that this is the final form for the targets and the COF, I'd really like to see the patch I earned :)

kenjo

I attended both days as a shooter and was not disappointed. Even though Kimber kept describing the event as a "beta" test, it served the purpose of introducing a lot of basic handgun shooting techniques that are especially important for those going on to more advanced training. I've had lots of handgun training and I always learn something every time. Spending 2 days as a shooter was great fun, even though I didn't do as well as I hoped. Looking forward to this program gaining traction in Appleseed. Thanks to the out of town instructors who gave up their time and energy to travel across the country to help make this happen.
"At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."  Abraham Lincoln