News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Eagle Creek (DRRC) December 14/15 AAR

Started by whit, December 12, 2019, 12:03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whit

Last Oregon shoot of 2019.  Let's make it a good one.

Whit

whit

What a fantastic way to close out the 2019 Oregon calendar!  It was a cold shoot, but we had lots of enthusiasm to keep us warm.  16 brave Partriots showed up to learn how to be better marksmen as well as hear the story of our Heritage.

We saw tons of improvement in everyone's skill sets and we minted a few new Riflemen in the process.  Congrats to the 4 new Riflemen - Brian, Peter, Corey and Brandon.  And congrats to Cliff for re-qualifying.  Huzzah!!

A huge thanks to P7 our new PNW regional coordinator for driving down from Washington on Sunday to help give Kimber Custom an appropriate send off.  For those of you that haven't heard, Kimber Custom is retiring from the Appleseed program and this shoot was his last one.  P7 presented Kimber with a handsome plaque commemorating his 130+ events over the last seven years of service.

I would not be the instructor or shoot boss that I am today without the guidance and mentoring Kimber provided.  He is one of the finest instructors I have ever met and I am honored to call him my friend.  His retirement will leave a "temporary" hole in the program.  I say temporary because, there are many others like me that have benefited from Kimber's training.  You have spread your knowledge far and wide and the program will carry on.

Thank you for all that you have done.  Huzzah!!!

I didn't take any pictures this weekend, but I know others did.  Hopefully the other instructors will get them posted to this thread soon.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and best wishes for a great 2020.

Whit