News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

DFW Members

Started by Texian, February 13, 2009, 01:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texian

Who all are Appleseeders in the DFW area?  If we can recruit enough members, perhaps we can have our own Appleseed some day. 

bigiceman

We have five or six members on the forum who admit to being in the DFW area. I have sent you a map you can look at.

There are a couple of us working on getting a range we can use for Appleseed Shoots in the DFW area. If you are already a member of a range please consider looking at this board (http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?board=35.0) and seeing if it looks like your range could accomodate one of our events. Also keep an eye out for land owners who may have suitable space and the inclination to allow us to hold an event on their property. We really do need a location to hold monthly shoots here in the DFW area.
The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. - unknown
The road to tyranny is paved with apathy - Me

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter.  Classification: Cook 

WE ARE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

spitstickler

Yep, Up on the north side of the metro. I've not attended an event yet, but would love for there to be an event a little closer to home. I think Davilla is the closest right now. Edit: Looks like Grandfield, OK is: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=5724.0. I'm going to try to make it to one of these this spring.

I just finished converting my 10/22 to a liberty training rifle yesterday, so I definitely have the itch to go.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

riderclimber

Just wanted to make a quick post that I was introduced to Appleseed a few weeks ago thru the gun group on reddit.com and have been reading as much as I can since.  Working on getting a 10/22 set up and hopefully will make a event this summer.  I'm in north dallas and would be happy to help with anything local.

subnet

I'm in the Sachse\Wylie area and want to help any way I can.  I'm brand new to the forum but just went through the Feb boot camp in Davilla. That was fun!

Sovereignty

Hi all,
I am in Fort Worth and glad to be here.  I saw the appleseed project mentioned on a local Campaign for Liberty meetup site.  I am working on gathering enough gear to make a shoot this year. 

riderclimber

Good to see you here guys!  I'm pretty new too, and don't have all my gear yet but there seems to be plenty of folks willing to provide a loaner rifle if you want to come to an AS weekend without one!

oldgrunt

hey guys we are holding a shoot real close to you all its in grandfeild Oklahoma thats right up the road .I have a few slots to fill and we have a bunk house with heat and power .Hows about a few of you coming on up I'm sure we have a few rifles to loan out if your short on them.Besides the 1000 yard range is ours too thats right we have a range just for us to do the KD !!!!!!!!

So pack that ar up and come on up .....I will have my phone on me call if you get lost 580-278-6098

Oldgrunt..out
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

spitstickler

Quote from: oldgrunt on March 13, 2009, 03:11:13 PM
hey guys we are holding a shoot real close to you all its in grandfeild Oklahoma thats right up the road .I have a few slots to fill and we have a bunk house with heat and power .Hows about a few of you coming on up I'm sure we have a few rifles to loan out if your short on them.Besides the 1000 yard range is ours too thats right we have a range just for us to do the KD !!!!!!!!

So pack that ar up and come on up .....I will have my phone on me call if you get lost 580-278-6098

Oldgrunt..out

I'm headed to Davilla this weekend, but hope to come up to Grandfield soon. Most of my family is in Oklahoma and I've been working on them to attend. Grandfield would be a good location as a good bunch of them are around the OKC area.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

vic303

Grunt, please let me know when the next Grandfield shoot is, as I may be able to send my husband there.

Texas Rifleman

Another DFW member here. Over in the mid-cities area. Attended my first Appleseed this past weekend in Davilla.
Going to try to make it again in June.
...when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
Davilla - 5/09

BDG

Be careful. You just might get addicted!  ;)
Davilla Eleven-Oh-Eight!!

oldrock

Another DFW shooter here. Never done one but did get some of the appleseed targets and took them out to do some shooting on memorial day. Wife's best was 34. Son's best was a 41 and my best was a 43. All shooting with a ruger 10/22.

We would all love to attend an official event if there were one in the DFW area.

Texas Rifleman

oldrock, did ya'll shoot with a sling? If you did not your scores will come way up once you use/learn the sling.

...when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
Davilla - 5/09

TUHurricane

I am also in the north dallas area, for the time being.  I spend my school year up in Tulsa, OK.  I know that my dad, uncle and I have done the appleseed down in Davilla and would be overjoyed if there was an appleseed in the DFW area.
guns and freedom are like music and dancing, you can't have one without the other.

spitstickler

Quote from: musicanddancing on July 27, 2009, 03:27:06 PM
I am also in the north dallas area, for the time being.  I spend my school year up in Tulsa, OK.  I know that my dad, uncle and I have done the appleseed down in Davilla and would be overjoyed if there was an appleseed in the DFW area.

Are you in school at TU?

TUHurricane

Yeah.  I leave in a few weeks to head back. 
guns and freedom are like music and dancing, you can't have one without the other.

Scout

DFW folks, please be on the lookout for new locations in the DFW area. We are short of locations in the immediate areas of DFW.

I have not managed to get cooperation from any of the public ranges within 100 miles of DFW. This does not mean that you should not be asking them if they will sponsor an event. In fact, the more folks who hear your requests for an event the better. Right now one person asking is not working, but that does not mean that continued requests from DFW residents will not eventually be listened to. ;)

The best bet for making sure we have a good DFW location would be a private land location. If you can be on the lookout for private land we could sure use some private land locations.  Any leads you have please let me know and we can try to get you folks a local venue for Appleseeds. Thanks for all of the hard work from DFW members!!
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

spitstickler

I'm on in Scout. Unfortunately I've been greeted with the same cold shoulder everywhere I've been. One thing that would be helpful would be able to get my hands on some more of those brochures. Items like this seem to help legitimize the program to some people when I approach them. I got one in the mail with a purchase from Fred and one at the first Appleseed I went to in April, but those are both gone now.

I have to believe that if we could find a spot within an hour of DFW we would have no problem populating it. Lots of people I talk to in the area about Appleseed seem really interested, but when they find out that there's 3+ hour drive involved seems to throw a kink in things. Maybe they would find an excuse anyway, but it would be great to remove that barrier if possible. I keep chatting up everyone I run into with not only the hope of getting them to an Appleseed and waking them up, but to also find that connection to someone in this area that can help with a DAR or other suitable range. We will find him or her, I just haven't talked to enough people yet.

vic303

Scout I just had a brainstorm.  Let me talk with our Assoc. Pastor, as he is coordinating our church's participation in the Dallas Shootout.  If I can get a contact at Bethany Presbyterian (I think) then we might have some luck.

Scout

Vic, that sounds good, just let me know when you hear back anything. I thought you guys were thinking about doing something like that in Magnolia a while back.

Spit- I just finished asking the DFW ranges again and they are still unwilling to host any events where they have to turn over any rifle ranges to us. Almost none of them have multipple rifle ranges and they will not allow us to close down existing ranges to hold an event.

I didn't talk to all of the private ranges this time. If you have a chance, contact any of the private ranges you come across and see if any of them will take a meeting about hosting an event.

PM me your mailing address and I will send you what I have, that you can hand out to perspective locations, including my cards and contact info. I imagine we will have to turn the bulk of our attention to searching out private land venues.
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

mrt53

If the DFW ranges will not cooperate then the DFW shooters are stuck with Davilla and College Station. It could be a lot worse.   :~

GovPreston

I'm in Fort Worth and have family in Dallas and Denton that would come a North Texas AS. We were going to attend Davilla on 12-13 Sep 09 but the flash flood watch and heavy rains around Georgetown and Davilla forced us to cancel. Hope we can use our registration for another Texas event. Anybody know?

The_VIKING

I'm out east in Rockwall.
Too bad I'm in this #%^%&)( ERJ w/ Rockwall, or I'd open up my land!

I know a few folks w/ property or know folks who know folks w/ prop.  I'll snoop around & see what I can find.
Anyone check w/ Gibson's Outpost off Lawson Rd near Terrell?  I know they've got about 3 slots ea on their range of 100y & 200y.  Several 50y & 25y too.
"Remember one thing, your government needs you more than you need your government."
USAF '87-'93 Ground Rat
Remover of the Berlin Wall

doubleLL

Hello DFW Appleseeders,
My husband (starfox) and I have been looking for a range that will accommodate an Appleseed. I would like to check out a range that an appleseeder told us about in the AAR for the Nov. Davilla shoot. The range is north of Denton and called "Magnum Shooting Sports" on 4934 Duck Creek Rd in Sanger, Tx. There is no website for this range, just a phone number. I will not get a chance to go out there until Jan. I will let you know what I find. 
Lauren
"Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien."
Davilla 3-10

Patriot Gal

Perhaps this will help you in your search for ranges.   :sos:

http://www.huntingnavigator.com/huntingdir/texasshooting.html

It lists a ton of ranges and identifies them as public or private, gives links and contacts.  Can't guarantee how accurate everything is, but it may be able to help you find ranges in a larger area especially if you're unfamiliar with what's available.

Happy hunting!   O0

Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

macjet

Davilla 3-10

starfox

Quote from: macjet on February 11, 2010, 12:55:59 AM
Keller for me.

Hi macjet!  Where at in Keller?  Wife and I are in Keller right near 377/North Tarrant.  We'll both be working the gun show booth this weekend, so definitely stop by and introduce yourself.  We'll be wearing fashionable orange hats.
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

oldgrunt

April 17 18 in Grandfield Oklahoma we will be holding a event..Its a full disatance shoot too..Its the biggesy site in Oklahoma..We have housing and plenty of spots to shoot from...hope too see a few of you .....I'll be there friday setting up if you guyz want to helpout..I'm pretty sure we have plenty to run the event so you can just shoot if you want too ...oldgrunt33@yahoo.com if you need anything
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

Gumballhead

Does it count if I WANT to be in DFW?  I grew up down there - former Arlington resident.  Now living in the Republic of IL, and missing Shiner Bock.