News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

DFW Members

Started by Texian, February 13, 2009, 01:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starfox

Quote from: Gumballhead on February 11, 2010, 11:36:41 AM
Does it count if I WANT to be in DFW?  I grew up down there - former Arlington resident.  Now living in the Republic of IL, and missing Shiner Bock.

Ha! I'm the opposite.  Grew up in IL, and now living in the Great State of Texas!  Wasn't born here, but got here as quick as I could as the bumper sticker goes.   

Where are you at in IL?  I might try to make a shoot in Waterman, IL as that's not too far from my parents.
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

Gumballhead

I'm almost wisconsin, up nort Munedlein/Grayslake area - but i'll be @ waterman next month, and likely several more times...i'm close to most of our shoots up here...

Maybe you can smuggle up some double/doubles w/jalepenos from Whataburger or some REAL BBQ?  :sos: :sos:

... or maybe some warm weather?

macjet

Quote from: starfox on February 11, 2010, 10:03:21 AM
Quote from: macjet on February 11, 2010, 12:55:59 AM
Keller for me.

Hi macjet!  Where at in Keller?  Wife and I are in Keller right near 377/North Tarrant.  We'll both be working the gun show booth this weekend, so definitely stop by and introduce yourself.  We'll be wearing fashionable orange hats.

Golden Triangle and N. Beach. WILCO. Not sure what day, but I will be there. Need a new grip for the M4. :---
Davilla 3-10

dirtyrice

I live in arlington. I'm very active over on falfiles and theakforum.net Haven't been over here in a while. But thinking about going to an appleseed. I enjoyed the 1 that they did at tacpro. Almost 100 people came to that one.

I Attended two akforum shoots and go to the Texas Fal shoot every year plus FalFest in raton, N.M. . Also went to a military rifle match in the carolinas this last year which consisted of shooting at steel plates the size of a piece of paper basically at 200yds. Falfest we have a 1,000yd range to use with pits and a 500yd steel silhouette range. We do a variety of matches there.  So I like to shoot :) I'm hoping to save up enough .308 to bring out the fals. If not i'll bring some ak's.

Leaving the l1a1's/fals at home just wouldn't feel right for traveling all that way. I have a ton of aqt targets in my closet.

This was from FalFest. 1 shot at 100yds at a 24 inch target. One shot on target. Closest to center wins. My girlfriend got second with my imbel fal.

View of the 1,000yd range across from our cabin as the sun rose. I've yet to shoot at the full 1,000 we usually do stuff at 200yd-600yds on it.

Wonder if anyone has considered having an appleseed at the whittington center? It'd be great.

Texas Rifleman

dirtyrice, great looking range !!!
...when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
Davilla - 5/09

waffenmacht

Hey guys,
  Im down in Palmer.  Just attended my second Appleseed at Davilla.  I think having a DFW course is a great idea, I often wonder how many lurkers would attend a DFW event that won't make the drive down to Davilla.  I'll keep an eye on this thread and hopefully we can find a property that will facilitate a DFW Appleseed.
"For those who fight for it, Freedom has a special flavor the protected will never know"

Scout

Quote from: dirtyrice on February 14, 2010, 03:40:00 AM
Wonder if anyone has considered having an appleseed at the whittington center? It'd be great.

Check the schedule, SamD and his crew have been doing shoots at the Whittington Center for a couple of years now ;)
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

bander1643

I am where HaltomCity, NRH & Richland Hills intersect at Rufe Snow & BLVD 26. Was going to go to Davilla in May, but ... Oklahoma huh? I got some good friends in Alarm & Muster up there. Is anyone in A&M?

Fella at church has private property in Decatur, would that work?

bander1643@yahoo.com