News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Florida has a new Red Hat

Started by ScubaSteve, October 07, 2019, 08:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScubaSteve

Please join me in congratulating Planeman  (Joe) as our newest Red hat in Florida.   
Hopefully he has some pictures of his old orange hat to post. It was put to bed with a 40 caliber flintlock, several 50 caliber rounds, and 24 of the finest Appleseed shooters.  :~

Texas T

Well done, and thanks for putting forth the time and effort required to reach this level.   O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Guntuckian

Congrats, Joe!  Well-deserved! 
--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

Bear Arms

2/17/2018 - First Appleseed
4/21/2018 - First Redcoat target cleared
6/16/2018 - Earned Rifleman patch and accepted orange hat
7/14/2018 - First IBC
8/04/2018 - First instructor only shooting development day
12/16/2018 - Earned red hat
3/30/2019 - KD Qualified
9/10/2022 - Rimfire KD qualified

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, August 19, 1785

Tennessee Beast

In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Google

308LIBERTY

"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

Planeman

Thank you ALL for the well wishes!  I'm am beyond humbled.

I'm receiving this red hat in the same manner as I received my pilots certificate so many, many years ago...it's my license to learn!"

Receiving my red hat in the same location as my very first Appleseed with many of the same instructors that shared with me the mission of Appleseed, holds a very special place in my heart. 

I wasn't going to post anything, but this weekend, the instructors, the shooters and the arsenal of different rifles we had at this Appleseed was a first for me.  Having those men, women and children put my orange hat out to pasture can not be described in words...so, attached is the results...my orange hat is without a doubt...retired!!  HUZZAH!
"Instead of sitting down satisfied with the efforts we have already made, which is the wish of our enemies, the necessity of the times, now more than ever, calls for our utmost circumspection, deliberation, fortitude, and perseverance.."  - Samuel Adams-- HUZZAH!!

Savage22

They tell us, sir, that we are weak; unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot? Sir, we are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of nature hath placed in our power.
― Patrick Henry

TheMenace

Congratulations Joe. You worked hard for this! Well done, Sir!
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

PHenry

Not to mention his tireless efforts at building up South Florida! Huzaaah!   O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

malabar

Congratulations!

Today, Hollywood!

Tomorrow, MIAMI!

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

9mm4545

Well done! Your example will inspire others!
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

BlindDog

Congrats Joe! I know you will continue to grow the south Florida program.
Team BSZ......

We're not a .22 club so get out and shoot ATC, Across the Course so others will realize that.