News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Myakka, Fl AAR - October 5th and 6th 2019 - Appleseed

Started by ScubaSteve, October 07, 2019, 05:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScubaSteve

We had 27 great people come join us for a weekend of history heritage and marksmanship.  What a great group of people We had everything from new shooters that have never fired a rifle to lifetime hunters. We had Boy Scouts, history lovers and even several repeat Appleseeders.

3 Shooters scored rifleman this weekend two of them for the first time. Congrats to Ron (High score 223)  Jeff (High score 218)  and Kevin, trying for the distinguished badge with 232 (scope).  We even had time for two instructors to Re-qualify. Scores of 220 and 218. Not bad at all considering they ran to the truck grabbed a rifle, ran back, and shot.

Lets not forget our youth shooters. We had 9 people on the line under the age of 18.  A special shout out to Dylan who on Sunday (his birthday) :birthday:   made 6 out of 8 hits on steel at 100 yards with an M1  Garand. Don't worry Dylan that bruise will go away soon.   O0

This was truly a great group. With rain out of nowhere both Saturday and Sunday you pushed through. Even hunkered down for the third strike in what can only be described as a small hurricane. On the first AQT of the event 15 of the 27 shooters were turning in scores above 125. By the end of the day Sunday 18 were were pushing or over Sharpshooter. If we had one more weekend I am sure many of you would shoot score.   Come on back and we will do this again.  :F

I almost forgot we even had a flintlock rifle demonstration on Sunday.   Lots of fun.

I know some of the instructors have some pictures. Please post.

TheMenace

A picture of our junior participants after receiving their William Diamond Patch.
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

Planeman

I was pretty busy, but managed to take a couple of pictures...Huzzah!
"Instead of sitting down satisfied with the efforts we have already made, which is the wish of our enemies, the necessity of the times, now more than ever, calls for our utmost circumspection, deliberation, fortitude, and perseverance.."  - Samuel Adams-- HUZZAH!!

PHenry

Wow! Myakka looks a whole lot better'n when I ran events there!

Sounds like a great event. Wish I coulda been there.

Huzaaah!  O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Captain

So you sacrificed an Orange Hat because he said "tight sling" instead of "snug sling". You guys are too hardcore for me.

Seriously, looks like you had a great event. Some pretty good pictures with the musket!
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range