News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Battle Road

Started by Cactus Jack, September 24, 2019, 06:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cactus Jack

For the last couple years I have listened to many of our instructors talk about how awesome it would be to do the Battle Road Tour.   I too have a desire to take the time and do the tour.  So, I would like to  suggest the possibility of a Ohio AS Instructor  group trip up to Concord over a long weekend sometime in the fall of 2020.  I believe it would be an awesome time and as a group we could get better pricing on lodging.  It would be far enough ahead to allow time to get it on your schedule and allow time to budget for it.  I just wanted to throw the idea out there and see if there would be enough interest to give it serious consideration.

Look forward to everyone's feedback!!
Thanks!

Cactus Jack
1st Appleseed  7/17  Carroll
2nd Appleseed 10/17  Newark
3rd Appleseed  7/18  Newark
Cleared Redcoat 7/18 Newark
Rifleman 7/18 (215)  Newark

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."- Benjamin Franklin

Corvette

CJ,

We have talked about this and I am most certainly in for this.  I am looking forward to the trip. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

HammBone

I definitely want to do this and would be interested. I do have two things that would keep me from participating. The first: I told my family I want to see Battle Road a few months ago and they are semi-onboard as my daughter was wanting to do another historical trip (she really enjoyed Williamsburg). We were thinking about going up for Spring Break in 2020. The second: I am very interested in taking the Appleseed Garand Armorer's Course at CMP Anniston next Fall. With my normal Appleseed commitments, doing both without the family may not be politically correct.  ;)
1st Appleseed/Cleared Redcoat/Rifleman: 4/20/2013 - Miamisburg, OH
1st Known Distance Rifleman: 11/3/2018 - New Philadelphia, OH
1st Winterseed Rifleman: 1/26/2019 - Liberty Center, OH
Donned the Red Hat: 6/16/2019 - Wilmington, OH

"Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young." - Anonymous

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper

BamaFan7

I would definitely be interested.
"where the body of the people, or any single man, is deprived of their right, or is under the exercise of a power without right, and have no appeal on earth, then they have a liberty to appeal to heaven, whenever they judge the cause of sufficient moment."

Corvette

Hammbone, I see no reason to limit it to just AS people.  Bring wife and family if you want to make it a family event.  I certainly would try to get my wife to come.  We are in the concept phase so don't rule anything out.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

TomMPR

What about us border raiders?

Super Trooper

The hardest distance to shoot is the six inches between your ears.  It gets easier when you get out of your own way.  Self doubt and negative self talk have no place on the firing line. 
Once a shot is gone... good or bad, it is gone.   Focus on the next one. Make forty good first shots.

cwcdl79

Gah! You're killing me. I'd love to do it, just not sure 2020 would be in the cards.

Snow Snake

I've been thinking of going with my wife ,but it would be truly interesting with other Appleseed families.                    Ken                         O0
Without Knowledge,Skill cannot be focused.Without Skill,Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength,Knowledge may not be applied.
   - Alexander The Great
"The other side of every fear is a freedom."- Ferguson
" Hey Mikey, I'm about to punch that time clock"-Lone Survivor

Snow Snake

I've been thinking of going with my wife ,but it would be truly interesting with other Appleseed families.                    Ken                         O0
Without Knowledge,Skill cannot be focused.Without Skill,Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength,Knowledge may not be applied.
   - Alexander The Great
"The other side of every fear is a freedom."- Ferguson
" Hey Mikey, I'm about to punch that time clock"-Lone Survivor

Rasmus

Make sure to hit up the instructors here in the North East :)

Crazyduckhunter

I am in. This would be a fabulous time.

Corvette

CJ,

We can chat more about this tomorrow at Cardinal.  See you in the morning.

Corvette

Pepper Spray

If border raiders are welcome, me and Captain America (we're up in Michigan) would be interested in the details.
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." John A. Shedd

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton

Post tenebras lux

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now." -Alex and Brett Harris from Do Hard Things

StevenK