News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Davilla video footage from January

Started by BDG, February 09, 2009, 08:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDG

I have completed the basic editing of the video footage I recorded from the AS last month in Davilla. I am looking around for a decent audio track to place as the background music for the menu and of course trying some other editing things. So far, I am thinking of using Chris De Burg's Liberty for the background music, which is like 8 minutes long. I'll do a bit of hunting around for some other stuff and see if I find anything else that looks nice.

Lex, the video footage itself looks great, but the audio is pretty choppy in a lot of the areas. Remember we had a ton of wind out during that AS and it played havoc with the microphone. At any rate, I just wanted to let the Davilla crowd know that I'll have some DVDs with footage of metalbot all wrapped up in a human coozy against the cold and wind. :)

If I can borrow the same camera again for this next AS, I will bring it with me and attempt to get some additional footage.
Davilla Eleven-Oh-Eight!!

big 54r

where's the video footage, I'd like to check it out in anticipation of my 1st appleseed shoot on April 18/19 in College station?

POP

big 54r

Suggest PM BDG.  I think there were some issues getting the video to upload but, he may have them resolved by now.  BDG is one of those computer wizards who can do anything on a keyboard.

Me, I'm old fashioned.  I use a digital camera and cut pics down to a manageable file size and then upload them. 
Go to http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=6325.0 which is the College Station DAR Inaugural Event, AAR March 21-22, 2009. I still have some more pics to upload.  This should provide a glimpse into the College Station DAR. 

As I will always tell you "Davilla" is home to me.  But, the CS DAR  O0 is really fine and you will enjoy your weekend immensely.

The camping area is quite picturesque  :) with a lake to look at as the morning sun rises (see pics).  The 25 m range is also shown in pics.

There may not be showers available yet, they are in the plan.  So, plan accordingly.  Also, please plan on as 'low impact camping (LIC) as possible' just as we would do at Davilla.  so, bring trash bags and keep your area clean.

Steve Struve (owner and all around good guy) does run cattle and we need to respect that and not leave paper, bottles, cans, BRASS, etc. laying around that his animals could ingest.  Besides, LIC just makes good sense from a 'take care of property of others and be good stewards of our country' point of view.

I'll try to get some more pics up this week.

POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

big 54r

thanx r-pop, bcuz the wife is coming with me to cs for the AS shoot I will be trying to get some hotel/motel lodging.(she has been really ill for about 18 month's, but has been diagnosed and feeling better!)

I just put my tech-sights on the 10/22 ltr today and plan on sighting her in this week for the wife, i'll be using an AR with a 22lr conversion.

big 54r

uhh I'm sorry to be a noob but what does DAR mean as you guy's here on this board use it? ??? :-[ ::)

eaglescouter

Dedicated Appleseed Range is the normal meaning.

Although sometimes it does mean Daughters of the American Revolution.
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)