News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Leyden, MA AAR - Aug. 24-25, 2019

Started by aim, August 27, 2019, 01:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aim

A weekend at the Leyden Rifle Club - or The Jewel of the Berkshires Shines Again!

The unrelenting humidity and variable cloud cover of the previous weeks moved on and 4.75 shooters trusted their GPS devices, braved an unremarkable road in the wild woods and experienced everything this wonderful range has to offer. A surprisingly diverse group, given its small size, we had shooters young and old, beginner and experienced, active military and recent citizens. We had AQTs aplenty, heritage discussions with attentive participants asking wonderfully thoughtful questions, a real KD portion, an actual Timothy Murphy Challenge (one shingle, 250 yards, four shots, two hits, never mind the optics...), and a birthday celebration, all without bugs, excess humidity and in the comfort of the newly built pavilions at both firing lines.

Excessively flowery prose aside, it was a great weekend with fantastic participants. The Shoot Boss was kept busy throughout the weekend and managed very few pictures. Here are a couple: The first Red Coats of the weekend from the crossover rifle looking South and Sunday morning looking North, both on the 25 yard range. Unfortunately, I did not manage to get any photos of the 350 yard range and the rest of the centerfires.
Shiny!

aim

A few more highlights:

A new Rifleman was made on Saturday (C. went two for two on the only two AQTs of the day with back-to-back scores of 210),

The "shingle" at 250 kept ringing as shooter after shooter were rotated to the long-range line,

D.'s beautiful M1 Garand rang the steel on the first day. Happy Birthday, D!
Shiny!

sleepy

I tip my hat to you and the other brave patriots doing God's work in the slave states.

Having recently integrated a KD component in my last 2-day clinic, I have a little curiosity regarding how you did it.

toxophilite

Quote from: aim on August 28, 2019, 01:17:46 PM
A few more highlights:

A new Rifleman was made on Saturday (C. went two for two on the only two AQTs of the day with back-to-back scores of 210),

I attended a weekend Appleseed here in NY last weekend and made rifleman again.  It is farther away from me but I consider Leyden my Appleseed "Home Range" because I did my first one there.  I'm eager to be at the next event there. :snipersmi

CL

aim

Quote from: sleepy on September 16, 2019, 04:40:37 PM
...Having recently integrated a KD component in my last 2-day clinic, I have a little curiosity regarding how you did it.

Please see the IAAR for the discussion.
Shiny!