News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Planning Thread for Vienna shoot this weekend.

Started by Corvette, July 29, 2019, 03:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

All,

I just thought that I would set up a planning thread on behalf of EZ3 who will be our shoot boss this weekend at Vienna, Ohio. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Corvette

TomMPR,

As we talked at New Philly, please let EZ3 know that you are planning on doing your IIT-3 PC at the Vienna event this weekend. 

Looking forward to seeing again and so soon.  Huzzah. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

EZ3

So, it's been a couple years since I've been to Vienna.  Once upon a time lunch catering was arranged thru MsMtnEagle, but I think last time I was there the instructors did pot-luck.  Unless yinz are planning to brown-bag it, let's figure out who is bringing what.  I'm OK either way.
Weather forecast is mid-eighties with a chance of rain both days, so it's a good thing we will be under cover.  As I recall, as the day goes on the sun will be pretty much right in our faces, and the shelter will become an oven, so plan accordingly.

A little bird told me Tom is going to try his PC3, so aside from the Redcoat COF (and Daniel Morgan), sling use & prone SHF, IMC, and the AQT COF, what are your preferences for assignments?  Let's focus on keeping the Strikes at around 20 minutes, I will be running a timer, since that worked well at Beaver Falls a couple weeks ago.

Looking forward to seeing you all again Saturday!  Oh, one more thing, are we still doing Saturday dinner at that diner down the road from the range?  Does it have tables big enough for all of us?
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Crazyduckhunter

I am planning on bringing a crockpot of meatballs and sauce. I will have buns and cheese to make meat ball sandwiches. Should be enough to feed the crew for at least Saturday's lunch.

Yes the diner down the road is a great choice for Saturday dinner. They will push tables together for us. Note: the diner does not take credit card. Cash only. They did have a ATM on site if needed.

Put me down for 2nd strike. Assign me any other POI as needed.

What time for Saturday am show up? Maybe Corvette can bring the fence post driver for setup?

CDH

Corvette

CDH,

I'm not sure I will get there till after 8:00am. It's three hours for me which means leaving at 5am. So i can bring post pounder if you want. Let me know.

Corvette

Crazyduckhunter

I might be speaking out of turn. I am actually unsure of what EZE3 uses for the target line when he is traveling. I cannot remember between one SB to the next.

EZE3 - If you wanted to reduce the amount of equipment that you need to bring. I can if you would like, bring the target board setup from Orwell. The one we used at Conneaut in June. Let me know.

CDH

Birdman

CDH's target stands are really nice. I got Eric Woods Dad to sign him up for Vienna. I will be bringing him. He did the SAFS at Camp Perry last weekend. He did well.
Birdman

Crazyduckhunter

I Will be looking forward to see Eric again. Glad to see that your bringing him.

EZ3

Quote from: Crazyduckhunter on July 30, 2019, 12:10:28 PM
I might be speaking out of turn. I am actually unsure of what EZE3 uses for the target line when he is traveling. I cannot remember between one SB to the next.

EZE3 - If you wanted to reduce the amount of equipment that you need to bring. I can if you would like, bring the target board setup from Orwell. The one we used at Conneaut in June. Let me know.

CDH
QuoteI am planning on bringing a crockpot of meatballs and sauce. I will have buns and cheese to make meat ball sandwiches. Should be enough to feed the crew for at least Saturday's lunch.

Yes the diner down the road is a great choice for Saturday dinner. They will push tables together for us. Note: the diner does not take credit card. Cash only. They did have a ATM on site if needed.

Put me down for 2nd strike. Assign me any other POI as needed.

What time for Saturday am show up? Maybe Corvette can bring the fence post driver for setup?

CDH

The reason you don't remember what my "road" target line looks like is that you've probably never seen it.  Been years since I've used it.  If you would bring the one from Orwell, that would be great.  IIRC, there were backer boards and the targets are pinned to them, right?  If not, maybe I'll bring mine.  It's going to be tough enough on the shooters in the afternoon without having the sun shining through their AQTs.

I've got a post driver, and I'm bringing it whether or not we use my target line.  Ground is hard at Vienna.

You've got 2nd Strike.

And, from the PM planning thread: 
QuoteHi Gang,
   I'll be marking out the target line on Friday night and painting a firing line and hopefully a ready line on Friday night also.  We should be good to go to set up the target line on Saturday Morning.  I can do registration, RSO, etc.  I like to be on the parking lot side of the line so I can let club members know what we are doing if they come to use the range.  :-)  I can arrange for lunch to be delivered from "Second To None Café" which is very close to the range entrance.  I do not think they are open on Sunday, just Saturday.  I will pick up menus in case you want to order lunch.  Excellent food!  Best chef salad I've had ANYWHERE!  :-)  We usually have a few club members come to help out.  They get work hours for the club by helping with our event.  If you need anything please just let me know!  I'd be happy to answer  questions or make arrangements for whatever we need.
Thanks, and looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend!
Pam
MsMtnEagle

I'll ask her about start time.  Also, we will be using an RSO & LSO on each side (Pam has dibs on left-side RSO) and we will be echoing commands, so study up on the procedure for that if you are not familiar.

Birdman

I think there is a later shooting start time for Sunday. Anybody else remember? Pam?
Edit: Looked it up on the range info thread. Shooting time is 10am on Sundays.

Crazyduckhunter

EZE3 - Sure thing I will bring the target stands and all the equipment for that. No fence post driver needed. The line uses smaller rebar style stakes and I have hammers in the box for those. The target backers are cardboard so sun shining through the AQT is not an issue. I do ask that we use push pins instead of staples. I supply the push pins. I will also have the clear plastic bags to cover them incase we get deluged upon by mother nature.

If we are going to order lunch out on Saturday that is good with me. I will bring the meatball sub fixings for Sunday's lunch then.

CDH

EZ3

Quote from: Crazyduckhunter on July 31, 2019, 07:53:40 AM
EZE3 - Sure thing I will bring the target stands and all the equipment for that. No fence post driver needed. The line uses smaller rebar style stakes and I have hammers in the box for those. The target backers are cardboard so sun shining through the AQT is not an issue. I do ask that we use push pins instead of staples. I supply the push pins. I will also have the clear plastic bags to cover them incase we get deluged upon by mother nature.

If we are going to order lunch out on Saturday that is good with me. I will bring the meatball sub fixings for Sunday's lunch then.

CDH

Alright, thanks Ron.   I'll ask Pam to bring the menus for Sat. lunch and we'll order out.  Need anyone to bring anything for Sunday?  Also, there is only one "E" in "EZ3".  Just sayin'.   See you Saturday!

EZ3

Start time is 7:30 Saturday, or as close to it as you can get there.  We should have help setting up from club members, and we have a pretty big instructor crew, so we should have no problems.  See you all Saturday!

Birdman

Ordering take-out for saturday lunch...confirmed by Pam. So, what to bring Sunday??

Crazyduckhunter

Bring something to add to the meatball subs? Chips, side dish (Cole slaw, potato salad, cut up fruit) whatever you feel like bringing.

EZ3 sorry call me fumble fingers.

Loaded up target stands and whatnot last night in the AS van. See yinz there tomorrow by 7:30am.

Birdman

I am bring Eric Woods with me....we will put him to work :)

Texas T

I stopped at their store last night and picked up a big bag of chips.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Birdman

I'll bring a fresh fruit salad for Sunday lunch. Pineapple, mango, banana, kiwi.