News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Ohio Orange Hat

Started by Shep, June 24, 2019, 01:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shep

Please join me in welcoming neckbones as our new Instructor In Training. Melissa shot a 210 rifleman's score on Sunday at Piqua, then immediately re-confirmed with a 226. She then accepted the challenge of becoming and instructor; we're very pleased to have her on the Ohio Appleseed team!
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." -Thomas Jefferson

HammBone

Just had lunch with her and got the full AAR in person. Thanks very much to the Piqua team for taking good care of her and getting her to Rifleman. Now help me talk her into buying an AR15 for a KD shoot!
1st Appleseed/Cleared Redcoat/Rifleman: 4/20/2013 - Miamisburg, OH
1st Known Distance Rifleman: 11/3/2018 - New Philadelphia, OH
1st Winterseed Rifleman: 1/26/2019 - Liberty Center, OH
Donned the Red Hat: 6/16/2019 - Wilmington, OH

"Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young." - Anonymous

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper

cwcdl79

Huzzah! Thank you for stepping up, hope to work with you on the trail

Mrs. Smith

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

purple_patch

Way to go Melissa!!! It was fun to watch your excitement and your improvement over the weekend! Welcome to the team!!!

Corvette

Oh, Huzzah,  GREAT JOB Melissa!!!!

I knew you could do it.  And, welcome to the Appleseed team and thank you for stepping up to do your part in saving this great nation.

Shep, I will credit a small part of Melissa's success to the outstanding "foundational instructions" she got at her first Appleseed with me at Marion. (Gotta steal some kind of credit for the great work you both did this weekend.  ;D).  Seriously, Melissa, I am thrilled to see the success you had with Shep and the Piqua team.  They are truely a great team and do fantastic work at their shoots. 

I look forward to seeing you again and working with you at an event in the near future. 

If you have any questions, feel free to PM Shep and/or me as to your transition into the Ohio Instructor Corp. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Birdman

Melissa, great job, good shooting, and thanks for taking the big step.! Hope to meet you in person some day.

Crazyduckhunter

Huzzah!!!! Great job on working on those skills started on last fall in obtaining your patch Melissa! And, a great big huzzah for taking the hat! See ya on the trail soon!

Trisha

Congratulations Melissa! And thank you for taking on the orange hat! I am the All women's Appleseed Coordinator so please let me know if there's anything I can help you with!

Cadence

Congrats on earning the patch and then stepping up to take an orange hat!  O0

I second Corvette's observation that a great foundation was set last year in Marion.  >:D since I was there too.

Looking forward to working with you.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Texas T

Thanks for stepping up. I believe that you will learn a lot in the road to teaching others.    O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Charley

Congratulations Melissa! Welcome to the Ohio Team! Glad to have another lady on the team!

My name is Ashley, I'm one of the Ohio Shootbosses. I'm in NWOhio. Feel free to contact me anytime if you need anything!

Charley

neckbones

Thanks, everyone, for the support and encouragement! I am so very excited to be a part of this wonderful organization filled with great people. What an honor.

The Piqua and Marion crews were top notch. Are the instructors always this good?! I certainly was proud of the rifleman and the confirmation, but the perfect example of how skills grow is the pic of the center square of the target. Shep had us do an NPOA and trigger control drill, and all I kept thinking was cwcdl79's constant "TRIGGER. TRIGGER. TRIGGER!" commands from Marion. He really was trying to improve my trigger control, but I just couldn't do it then. I decided I was going to focus on that for my second. Huge improvement. Thanks, cwcdl79 :)

And a big thanks to Hammbone for introducing me to all of this!

Mrs. Smith

That, sir, is a beautiful thing.  Welcome to the family :partytime:  :1luvu
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Corvette

Hammbone, cwcdl79,

Big congrats to both you guys for helping bring us Neckbones.  And, I just gotta ask, Neckbones? There must be some story behind this handle.  Hope to find out some day.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Doc Willi

Congratulations Neckbones, and welcome to the team!
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson