News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Alliance, NE AS, June 15-16,2019

Started by Pine Ridge Puma, June 17, 2019, 09:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pine Ridge Puma

Thanks to the Alliance Rifle Club for hosting another Appleseed shoot at their Fiebig range.  We were pleased to have ten shooters who pre-registered and showed up for the weekend program and proved that they were very capable marksmen and women.  Because of the weather forecast and the rain, I modified my regular program considerably in anticipation of a shortened shoot.  We had a number of shooters who were very close to attaining the coveted Rifleman patch on the first and only "for real" AQT on Saturday, so I wanted them to have a good chance at doing so on Sunday.  As it turned out, the weather was cooperative but we shot the ending Redcoat target before lunch on Sunday, as two shooters had to leave shortly thereafter.  Two of our shooters were requaled and we had one new rifleman by day's end.  Another shooter was ever so close.  I am so proud to have been at this event with so many dedicated Americans and we salute Kaitlyn, who earned her third Rifleman patch and will be reporting for military service with the Marines next month.  If we have a lot of her generation of similar mindset in charge, America will be OK!

Thanks to Rick from neighboring Wyoming for helping staff this AS.

When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them,  and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

sleepy

Everything about the Alliance shoot was great...other than for the mosquitoes! I've lived in high & dry Wyoming for so long I've almost forgotten what they were except for this little reminder. It's hard to believe a place so wet and green exists only 200 miles away. I appreciated the drive home, as it was daylight and I could enjoy the scenery.

Dan and the Alliance Rifle Club were enthusiastic hosts; thank you. Anyone remotely near Alliance who hasn't checked it out are missing out.

There was a lot of great shooting on the line; most impressive. Having Pine Ridge Puma's load lightened by four Rifleman patches is always a good thing. Wish some of them would have accepted a hat, but flip side, good they don't take hats lightly.

It was great to see all of the kids and families out there. One might start to dare hope America has a future.

As a newly-minted shoot boss, it was especially impressive to watch Pine Ridge Puma finesse the schedule seemingly effortlessly, taking into account fluctuations in the weather and attendance. Those in western Nebraska and surrounding areas are well served.

messer9696

Pine Ridge Puma and Sleepy put on one great program this weekend! Thank you to both of you for reminding us how great America is  :F 

The marksmanship instruction was top notch and the results showed. I'm sure we would have qualified quite a few more Rifleman had the weather cooperated and the family schedules on Father's Day weekend been more flexible. I appreciate your dedication to helping America and thank you for the time you put into the program.

I will keep you posted on Kaitlyn's adventure into the Marine Corps. As parents, my wife and I are very proud of her yet scared at the same time. Thank you, John, for helping Kaitlyn get the Purple Rifleman Patch and completing here goal of one in each color. She truly appreciates and respects you and your teaching skills.

Once again, thank you for the great weekend.
It is the rifleman, not the rifle, which defines accuracy.

Thirig

Great shoot!
Thank you to the hosts and instructors!
Good luck to Kaitlyn. She has the qualification part down so that's two weeks of Recruit Training she doesn't have to sweat........much.

Thirig

Hey Messer,
When Kaitlyn gets to Parris Island PM me her address. My family and I would be pleased to send her some mail. Speaking from experience, a few letters can really make a rough situation a tiny, tiny bit better.
Post on here when/if you get a Scottsbluff shoot going.

messer9696

Kaitlyn should be done with phase 1 this week and gets to start the fun stuff soon. She is enjoying it so far and seems committed. I pray she can hang in there!

messer9696

She has finished the Crucible, and also qualified as Expert Rifleman! Thank you to all who wished her success. She is quite the tough lady.