News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Danville, IL AAR September 28 & 29th, 2019

Started by TheEditor, October 03, 2019, 12:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheEditor

Sorry for the late post! 

Excellent Appleseed this weekend. 

Thanks to the members of Danville Rifle and Pistol Club for welcoming us to the range! 

It looked rainy, but we dodged most of the weather. 

12 pre-regs - 12 shooters showed up!  Squared away and ready to learn. 

Plus one walk-on shooter for Saturday morning only - her dad was shooting at another event being held at the club, and her mom brought her down to our bay to shoot and learn.  We took her from not being on paper on the Redcoat to shooting good groups by noon. 

I have some pictures, but AK has better one's I'm sure.  I'll post mine later. 

Two new Riflemen!  Two requalified.  On Sunday, centerfires shot on paper and at steel at 100, 200, and 300 meters. 

History told!  Well received. 

One new Orange Hat - Welcome Colt 45!  Thanks for stepping up!

TheEditor
John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

Hasty Sling

It was an honor to spend last weekend with a group of people who shared a likeminded interest in marksmanship and heritage. The cadre of John, Steve, Kay, and Colton (did I get all those right?) delivered invaluable instruction and insights. They were on point with every shooter and every shot.

I pretty much always shoot alone at my local ranges. At this, my first Appleseed, I could feel the energy and enthusiasm from the shooters on my left and right. Great camaraderie. Now I can't wait for the 2020 schedule so I can schedule my next AS opportunity.

And as the Bard said, "Sweet are the uses of adversity." So it is when you don't shoot Rifleman. What a great motivator to take the cadre's lessons to heart, intently read your targets, practice and dry fire.

"Ready on the firing line!!!"

Cesar "Chico" Cruz

AK

I am slow in posting, but had a GREAT time at the Danville Appleseed working with Editor, Shooter 30-06 and Colt, along with a great group of shooters. Congratulation to Colt on taking an Orange hat. Congratulations to Nick and Sean on earning their Rifleman patches. Congratulations to Terry and Chris on requalifying. Here are my pictures.
I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

"We here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain; that this nation shall have a new birth of freedom; and that this government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." ~Abraham Lincoln