News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Planning Thread -- Marengo March 30-31

Started by Corvette, March 24, 2019, 10:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Hello Ohio AS,

We are picking up shooters and it looks like we will have a good event.  With 10-15 shooters and the number of instructors we have, I want all the instructors to come ready to shoot.  I want all of you to get trigger time this coming weekend.  Bring your rifles and be ready to shoot some AQT's. 

I plan to get a cabin to share with Cadence.  Let's coordinate who else is staying on site and what we plan for chow on Friday and Sat night. 

Looking forward to coming back to Cardinal and seeing everyone.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Crazyduckhunter

I plan on being there Friday evening and was planning on staying on site. What is available? Cabins only? Or I can sleep in my van also. First trip to this range for me.

Do you want to make/bring dinner on Sat or is it easier to go out for dinner?

Cadence

Bring a neighbor and plan on driving down Saturday morning (early) so I won't be there Friday night. Is our range at the West end of the shotgun range or do we have to follow the road to the pistol bays?
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Corvette

The small bore range is to the west of all the shotgun ranges.  It also is west of a county road that runs North/South between the shot gun area and the small bore/pistol ranges.  Either will get you to the site.  I will be posting a number of directional signs to help shooters find the right place but it can be a challenge.  Call my cell if you have any problems. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Corvette

I will be staying in one of their cabins for the weekend.  I scheduled for cabin 19 which is in the same general location as we were at the last shoot. Cadence will be staying with me Saturday night.  If you plan to stay on site, try to get something close when they assign you a cabin.  We can coordinate dinner Sat night like we did the last time. See you all soon.

Corvette

Crazyduckhunter

Planning on parking at Corvettes cabin and camping out / sleeping in my van. Plan to arrive Friday evening and will most likely stop along the way for dinner.

I will bring brats, buns and the toppings for this. Is there a grill on site? Do I need to bring charcoal? Or I do have a small propane grill that I can bring for this if that would be better.

Some trigger time on the line for everyone sounds like a good time!

Corvette

CDH,

Each cabin has a built in charcoal grill.  If you want to use that, we will need charcoal and lighter fluid.  Or we can just use our camp stoves.  Either will work.  See you Friday night and we will go from there.

Corvette 

Cactus Jack

I will be be commuting back and forth this weekend.  I will arrive Saturday morning and return home Saturday.  Same for Sunday.
1st Appleseed  7/17  Carroll
2nd Appleseed 10/17  Newark
3rd Appleseed  7/18  Newark
Cleared Redcoat 7/18 Newark
Rifleman 7/18 (215)  Newark

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."- Benjamin Franklin

Corvette

Cactus Jack,

Not a problem, glad to have you with us this weekend.

Corvette

Crazyduckhunter

Sounds good. I will bring a bag of match light charcoal to make it easy then.

Corvette

Ok team AS Ohio,

The Marengo shoot looks like it will be dealing with some weather on Saturday.  It looks to be warm and rainy on Sat and cooler and clear on Sunday.  So, assuming we are on the pistol bays (there is construction going on at the small bore range so I am not sure we will be there) anybody with a pop up canopy should bring it. 

As to assignments, I am planning on the following:

Welcome and safety briefing:  Corvette
Steady hold in prone:  ST8Space
Six Steps:  St8Space
NPOA:  St8Space
Steady hold in Seated: CrazyDuckHunter
Steady hold in Standing: CrazyDuckHunter
First Strike at lunch: Corvette
Second Strike at afternoon break: St8Space
Third Strike and Call to Action end of Sat: Corvette

Sunday
Welcome and Safety rebrief: Corvette
Review of POI's from Sat: CrazyDuckHunter
DOM's:
David Lamson: ?
Hezekia Wyman: ?
Samuel Whittamore: ?
Weekend wrap up:  Corvette

Looking for folks to step up and take the DOM's.  Let me know if you want to take any of these. 

See you all Sat morning is not before.

Corvette

Corvette

Sorry, got it wrong, CrazyDuckHunter will be doing the Second Strike, not St8Space.  Sorry, got my wires crossed.

St8Space, I want you to do one of the DOM's you pick the one that you want to do and we will coordinate on Sat.

Corvette

Crazyduckhunter

Sounds good to me Corvette.
Yup, I have a popup in the van along with the rain gear.
Looking forward to 2nd strike. I can demo any/all positions needed as well. I will also volunteer for the CMP presentation.

Corvette

CDH,

Sounds good, you got it, along with the CMP pitch.  See you soon.

Corvette

Cactus Jack

1st Appleseed  7/17  Carroll
2nd Appleseed 10/17  Newark
3rd Appleseed  7/18  Newark
Cleared Redcoat 7/18 Newark
Rifleman 7/18 (215)  Newark

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."- Benjamin Franklin