News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

D-Day Conneaut 2019

Started by Birdman, February 19, 2019, 12:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birdman

Conneaut Ohio D-Day re-enactment is scheduled for August 15-17, 2019. Project Appleseed has been granted a spot for our usual display.
If you have thought about attending, please do, you will be glad you did.
Here is a link:
http://www.ddayohio.us

Lots of pictures!:
https://ddayohio.smugmug.com/

ThomasF

What do we do for that event? There's a good chance I'll be attending as a participant in some capacity and I'd love to help out if I can. I could always find an excuse to support the cause!

Birdman

Thomas, a few of us talk the Project Appleseed pitch to all willing to listen. We have a bunch of handouts, targets, and I usually get pens and other handouts from CMP. We are usually talking to some interested citizens throughout the day, nonstop. We like to let first time visitors to D-Day to go see all there is to see. We take turns walking around and manning the booth.
Hope to see you there!

Crazyduckhunter

Yep, Looking forward to this! I put in for vacation for that Friday again. Its a great time. Hopefully we can do the "answer the question and win a t-shirt again". That seemed to draw a lot of attention to us. Plus the M1's on the table certainly draw the attention also no doubt.

EZ3

Quote from: Crazyduckhunter on February 21, 2019, 08:47:57 AM
Yep, Looking forward to this! I put in for vacation for that Friday again. Its a great time. Hopefully we can do the "answer the question and win a t-shirt again". That seemed to draw a lot of attention to us. Plus the M1's on the table certainly draw the attention also no doubt.

If that's the plan, let me know and I'll start stockpiling t-shirts.  Maybe they should answer 3 for a t-shirt, and we can get some other swag for getting just one right?
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Birdman

Hi all. Conneaut D-Day event is coming up August 15-17. Most events happening Friday and Saturday. I have two parking spots at my cousin Karl's yard, just across from the park entrance. Who would like the honor of taking those spots? I will be using the vendor pass and parking close by as well. Corvette? EZ3? Ron & Joe? Chuck? Karl would like some names to go with the parking spots.
I will be setting up the canvas tent Thursday after I get out of work, and plan to be there about 4pm at the latest. Joe-TV available?
Thanks everybody!
CMP gave me some material to hand out. I am in need of ECIs of both types, Project Appleseed pens, Tri-folds.
Shootbosses that have attended Conneaut D-Day, can you arrange to procure any of that stuff?
Do we want to give T-Shirts prizes for Revolutionary war questions answered correctly? Maybe there is a bunch of old style T-Shirts left somewhere. I think it did great last year.
Birdman

EZ3

I can only attend Friday.  I can bring whatever t-shirts I have left after Vienna and Slippery Rock.  I'll bring whatever ECIs and tri-folds are left also.  Are pens still available?  I'm out of them.
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Crazyduckhunter

I will be there Friday only for now. I expect that Joe and myself will ride together. Joe will bring the TV. I believe he is able to attend on Thursday? Would love to have one of the premier parking spots at cousin Karls if available.
CDH

Birdman

Okay, EZ3 and RON have parking at Karl's on Friday. I will let him know. Spots are probably open for Saturday.

Birdman

Looks like Project Appleseed tent at Conneaut D-Day has lots of help on Friday. Looking for help on Saturday....You will not regret it! There could be over 20,000 attending, with over 1500 re-enactors, lots of tanks, jeeps, more Garands than you have ever seen, German encampments, Allied camps, vintage everything. We usually get a choice spot right on the bluff for our Project Appleseed tent.
75th anniversary of D-Day. It will be like a time warp back to 1944, guaranteed.
Roger 440-375-1073

Birdman

I one confirmed helper on Saturday, Conneaut Rifleman Mike Pursley.

Crazyduckhunter

Sorry about not being there on Saturday. Looks like the church group event at orwell is a go.