News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hernando, FL AAR Dec 1st-2nd 2018

Started by ScubaSteve, December 04, 2018, 06:42:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScubaSteve

We had 30 great people, 10 under the age of 18, come out to Hernando Fl this weekend for some History, Heritage and Marksmanship. We saw no new rifleman minted this weekend but everybody saw improvement in their scores. Many went from not hitting paper to scoring above the 160 mark. High score for the weekend was a 206 by Jean-Maurice. If we had just a little more time i am sure we could have got that above 210.

I am sure there are many other rifleman in the making that attended this event. Like Jenny that went from elbow pads, pillows and some towel propping her up to throwing all that out and wrapping a little vet wrap around the spots she wore the skin off.     A RIFLEMAN WILL PERSIST!    Also note she out shot her husband.  :)

Or like Ken that on day two went from groups that covered the paper to 1/2 dollar sized groups in prone.  Good ammo and good position pays off. :)

There are many more great stories to tell  from this weekend but the best may be when we opened up the far end of the line for KD. We only had 200 yds to work with but that big piece of steel looks pretty small at that distance. Three of our youth took up the challenge and with a loner rifle all three hit the steel at distance. Congrats John, Dan, and Alex.  There is nothing like the report of hitting steel. I look forward to seeing you back again.

History was absorbed by the bucket full. From the three strikes of the match, to the Pine tree riot, to a speech by Patrick Henry, and even how our constitution came to be, and what some of it really means to us.

A special thanks goes out to the scouts that were in attendance. It is always great to see these groups at out events.   And to Vicki for helping me with admin. I could not have done it without you.

Below is an address to alll the pictures we took and a cool video.

https://williampesci.smugmug.com/Project-Appleseed/Project-Appleseed-Hernando-December-2018

PHenry

Speaking for myself, this event re-energized my spirit. I've been on the "trail" for a long time - better'n a 100 events and after a time it becomes a little bit of a blur. This weekend reminded me of why I started in the program and for that I owe everyone who attended a heartfelt thank you -shooters and instructors alike.

In Liberty. Long may she reign.
PHenry
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Cable___Guy

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

B.C.

"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

Guntuckian

Great job, guys!  The video on the 2 FB pages of this event captured the Quality of the Event(tm).  Igniting Fires of Liberty in the minds of the attendees has a number all its own.  HUZZAH
--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

Spartacus2002

My son Dan and I enjoyed it immensely! Very impressed with the quality of instruction.

MasterTech

Another Fantastic Day at an Appleseed Event. A big crowd but the crew did a great job. It was good to see all the smiling faces on the young ones they had a great time. Kudos to Blinddog for the great pictures and video.

TomM1Thumb

A well behaved Group, Sponges all, Having scored a Few AQT's There are more than a Few. Knocking at the DOOR.

Please next time Include Mom in the Fun, Or are You guys Afraid She might out shoot You.

All in All These Guys did well.  Please Dry Pratice, and Practice getting in to Your Positions

" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine