News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Orwell Gun Club - Dec 29, 2018 - 22LR - KD

Started by Crazyduckhunter, November 10, 2018, 11:12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazyduckhunter

Yes, a new event to be held at Orwell Gun Club on December 29, 2018. This will be a one day event and we will have the first 100 yard KD using the 22LR only in Ohio. This event is for those persons who have previously scored riflemen/women and earned their patch.

Here in Ohio we are going to offer a few 22LR known distance events next year and this one will be the first.  We are still gathering information and if anyone out there that has previously either run or attended a 100 yard KD for the 22LR that has any information it would be appreciated.

Thank you and see you all on the line.

Longrifleman

I would like to hold a 100yd KD event in Wilmington, OH in 2019 as well. We could modify the COF to 200yds at this range also (Centerfire?)

I will keep an eye on this thread for further info and schedule one soon!
Do thou Great LIBERTY inspire our Souls- And make our Lives in thy Possession happy- Or, our Deaths glorious in thy just Defense.

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword because the whole body of the people are armed"- Noah Webster A.D.1787

". . . They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons,
that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and
delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings
said: "Stick to the Devil you know."
"The Gods of the Copybook Headings,". Rudyard Kipling A.D.1919

Corvette

Longrifleman. We certainly can make one of the Wilmington shoots a 22KD. Let's get the dates set for 2019 and pick one to be the 22KD. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Crazyduckhunter

4 signed up to shoot this event so far. Come on Ohio spread the word lets give Corvette another sold out event for Ohio.
PA border raiders? Where ya at?

TomMPR

Crazyduckhunter, unfortunately i already have a family commitment for that weekend, but i will sure try to make one of your future dates this summer. Stretching out 22lr would be very interesting.

Crazyduckhunter

Sounds good then TomMPR. Next years schedule for Orwell will be posted in the next few weeks or so. This Sunday at the monthly meeting I will be confirming our preferred dates with the club board. Next year at least one will be a KD most likely in September.

PHenry

CDH,
In my experience, a 22LR high velocity round zeroed at 25M will drop about 4" at 100 yards (18MOA or 36" at 200). I like the 25M 100 yard reduced sils that (at least used to) come in the shoot boxes. Easily reproduced on 8.5" x 11" paper copier if u need more.
PH
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Corvette

PHenry,

Thanks for your thoughts. We are trying to figure out our 22lr KDs. The Dec Orwell event will be our "trial run" for next year. Thanks for chiming in.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

EZ3

Posting the 1/4D targets at 25, 50, 75 and 100 yds, or shoot everything at 100?
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

cwcdl79

EZ3, yup. This is a jump in with both feet trial. We welcome any input, and hope to see you all on the line!

BlindDog

Here is something I put together earlier this year trying to model after a BSZ KD.  Designed to be shot at 25, 50, 75 and 100.  Besides environental variables ammo can be a big variable too.  Ballistic charts for various ammo at the end.  Hope there is a good idea or two in here for someone.

BlindDog
:F
Team BSZ......

We're not a .22 club so get out and shoot ATC, Across the Course so others will realize that.

goodoldfriend

I wish I could come to this one but I have to work. :(

I am sure I will get to one this year even if it is to work one in Wilmington.
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

Crazyduckhunter

Blind dog - thanks for the info we will be using this for reference I am sure.

wolfhound & BD in VA has provided a square targets file that I am able to print. These square targets are sized per the 4moa(standard) and to be used at the 50, 75 & 100 yard distances. BD is also going to work up a squares target for the 150 & 200 yard distances. A big thanks to you both. They will also post these on the forum for everyone to access.

EZE3 - I believe that the easiest way to do this is to post the target line and move the firing line for the different stages. Same as we do at the New Philly KD's. I have some large tarps for each distance and we will use those. Hopefully the ground will be frozen.

Fixxer

Can't wait! My son and I are excited for this event. Zeroing our .22s and knocking off some rust. We'll be ready whatever the weather ;)

Fixxer
Rifleman(226): 12/29/13 Tucson Rifle Club, New Philadelphia, OH

"As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind...Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson

Crazyduckhunter

Glad to have you and your son join us at the Orwell event later this month FIXXER. Looking forward to this event myself.

Crazyduckhunter

Notice to all instructors and shooters that are attending this event. We will be having a potluck dinner after the event. I will be bringing deer chili and cwcdl79 will be bringing his cabbage rolls to share. Want to make all aware that everyone is welcome to share in food and fellowship after this event and please if you are able to, please bring something else to share with the group.

Fixxer

Dinner sounds like fun but I'm afraid my son and I will not be able to hang around. My wife is world's biggest Notre Dame fan and we're already in the dog house since we'll miss the start of the bowl game that afternoon. If we're lucky we'll catch some of the 2nd half with her after our two hour drive home.

I registered for the KD before the bowl games were set so I'm not in too much hot water!

Can't wait to lob some lead,

Steve
Rifleman(226): 12/29/13 Tucson Rifle Club, New Philadelphia, OH

"As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind...Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson

Charles McKinley

Hi All,

I will be the Shootboss for this event.  Please PM me or CrazyDuckHunter with any questions.

Chuck
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Crazyduckhunter

Adding these attachments for anyone to download, print and use for your 22LR-KD events. These are the targets that were used for sight ins at this event. I also included the informational sheets that were given out to each person attending this event.

RedLeg

This is fantastic stuff!  I'd love to see a Rimfire KD event at Wilmington, either 25, 50, 75, 100 or 50, 100, 150, 200.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
We seek not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

"Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present Generation, to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make a good Use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it." - John Adams in a letter to Abigail, 26 April 1777