News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

BLOOD HAS BEEN SPILLED !!

Started by DrRichP, November 03, 2018, 06:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrRichP

Yes, blood has been spilled, by our forefathers.

They fought and died to ensure you have a voice in how we are governed, and so we can choose to govern ourselves. Their blood paid for us to have a right to vote.

Don't denigrate their sacrifice's. VOTE on Tuesday November 6th.  Your country needs your voice!
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

VietVet

Quote from: DrRichP on November 03, 2018, 06:39:52 PM

They fought and died to ensure you have a voice in how we are governed, and so we can choose to govern ourselves. Their blood paid for us to have a right to vote.

Don't denigrate their sacrifice's. VOTE on Tuesday November 6th.  Your country needs your voice!

So true. Blood has been spilled and many have died for our rights.

Please remember ALL who have bled and died for this right.
It not only those who we think of as our "Forefathers" many are shedding their blood and sacrificing their lives to this day.

I AGREE......VOTE! :F
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

scuzzy

Quote from: DrRichP on November 03, 2018, 06:39:52 PM

Jeez - man you had me going when I saw the title BLOOD HAS BEEN SPILLED !!

I immediately clicked on it.

Thank God all we have to do is get our rear end out to a polling place. It's a lot easier than being shot at.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

colonial shooter

Thanks to early voting I supported the red tsunami.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

ID_Hezekiah

Quote from: colonial shooter on November 03, 2018, 08:40:00 PM
Thanks to early voting I supported the red tsunami.

I have never failed to vote since becoming eligible, including absentee ballots when in the service and working out of state. I had to go to the courthouse Friday to transfer a car title, so I went ahead and early voted. Jobs not Mobs!! :F
The British learned to dread the frequent appearances of this dire rider at unexpected points along the route of their passage, for his aim was true, and the economical principles in which he was trained forbade his wasting powder and ball.

DrRichP

Quote from: ID_Hezekiah on November 03, 2018, 09:42:36 PMI have never failed to vote since becoming eligible, including absentee ballots when in the service and working out of state. I had to go to the courthouse Friday to transfer a car title, so I went ahead and early voted. Jobs not Mobs!! :F

O0
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

PHenry

For some time, I have had an uneasy feeling that we are being played, but still I always spend a couple hours investigating the records of all my elected employees and vote the entire ballot. I do wonder what would happen if we could convince everyone to not vote as a show of no confidence.  ^-^ Like the old 60s expression "what if they held a war and nobody came"
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

DrRichP

Quote from: PHenry on November 05, 2018, 11:31:41 AMI do wonder what would happen if we could convince everyone to not vote as a show of no confidence.  ^-^ Like the old 60s expression "what if they held a war and nobody came"

I don't have faith that we as a collective could be this smart and the politicians would hear the deafening silence; but alas that won't happen.  Instead if we don't vote, we will either end up at the mercy of a few vocal minorities, or a mob mentality.

I hope we all vote and let our voices be heard. It's 8important to exercise the rights our forfathers fought for us to have.
DrRichP

Two Wolves

Quote from: PHenry on November 05, 2018, 11:31:41 AM
For some time, I have had an uneasy feeling that we are being played, but still I always spend a couple hours investigating the records of all my elected employees and vote the entire ballot. I do wonder what would happen if we could convince everyone to not vote as a show of no confidence.  ^-^ Like the old 60s expression "what if they held a war and nobody came"

No vote----no problem, BUT, you'll be left holding that same old bag of stuff that you wanted to discard.  :cool2:

A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Savage22

Thats one hell of a title, DrRichP, lol. Took me a minute for my blood pressure to drop after clicking.

Quote from: PHenry on November 05, 2018, 11:31:41 AM

I love that idea, but I don't think you will ever be able to convince everyone to follow through.

You know, I was telling my wife the other day that we ought to run elections differently. Instead of only being able to vote for a candidate (adding 1 to the tally), you should be able to vote against a candidate (subtract 1 from the tally).

For example, say two candidates are running. You don't like candidate A, and can't stand candidate B. Rather than vote in favor of candidate A, you can vote against candidate B. That would lower the tally by one for candidate B without showing support for candidate A. Done this way, the election results would give you a good idea of how much support a candidate has vs. how much people are voting for the lesser of two evils.

My wife and I are bringing our kids along to vote early tomorrow morning so they can watch and be part of the process. We brought them with us for the 2016 election, and for the primaries earlier this year.
They tell us, sir, that we are weak; unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot? Sir, we are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of nature hath placed in our power.
― Patrick Henry

Crazyduckhunter

I tell people this:

1. If you do not vote then you must not care.
2. If you do not vote then do not complain.
3. If you do not vote then your opinion does not matter to me or to anybody else that votes.

Peace.

Gus

I'd like to refresh this thread with my own two cents.

Please vote in all elections, not just those in November.

Here in Anchorage we seem to have the City elections during 'off' times. We just had one, by mail, that ended on April 7th.

I heard on the news that voter 'turnout' was 31%. It was lauded on the radio as a good turnout.  If 31% is good then that makes my head hurt.

My wife and I vote in every election we can.  We'd vote for dogcatcher if we could.

Anyway, my two cents.

Gus
"Mental notes aren't worth the paper they're written on" - Mark Twain

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen" - Jeff Cooper

Sheepdog87

Quote from: Gus on April 25, 2020, 01:40:24 AM
If 31% is good then that makes my head hurt.

I agree with this. It boggles my mind that 69% of people wouldn't exercise their rights guaranteed by the constitution! I vote in every election that I'm eligible to.
--ARW
Morgan's Shingle and Redcoats Cleared 07 MAR 2020
Rifleman 07 MAR 2020
Distinguished Optics 08 MAR 2020
Winterseed 23 JAN 2021

Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
-1 Corinthians 10:31

Captain

There's another way to look at it. If the turnout is low, our effect can be even more pronounced as we reignite the spirit of liberty in the American conscience. Let's say there are 1,000,000 eligible voters in some election. If an election will be decided or changed with 1% of the vote, we would have to influence 10,000 people. If only 30% of the eligible voters come out, we would only need 3,000 voters who stand for our founding principles and stand for liberty. I would love it if more Americans become educated, concerned and involved, but history seems to support the idea that it will be a small percentage of patriots who will have to step up and save the country.
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

JustKim

I agree!  We MUST get out and vote at every election.    I agree with Two Wolves and Crazyduckhunter.  You don't vote, you get stuck with same ole crap and have no right to complain about it. 

I am working on coming up with a bumper sticker that says something about 3% -- i.e. I am 3%...It only takes 3%.  3% can make a difference, -- maybe even something as subtle as 3% ...  I'm open for suggestions! 
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

Crazyduckhunter

I would proudly display that bumper sticker! Come up with something and post it. Send me the cost and I will purchase 4 of them. CDH