News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Philly KD Planning

Started by cwcdl79, October 31, 2018, 01:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cwcdl79

All right, little short notice, but this isnt our first rodeo. I presume set up early saturday morning. If anyone has a post driver that would be nice (not that I'm complaining about standing on a step stool using a sledge). I'll be down Friday evening, about 8:30 ish. Will stop along the way for chow if anyone wants to join me
But for the real important question, dinner in or out? I'm preferring in, as we have a lot to discuss for 2019.

Crazyduckhunter

I will plan to arrive on Friday night. No idea what time.
I have access to a fence post driver and will bring that.
I will bring some bacon to add to the breakfast mix as usual.
Dinner in on Sat sounds good to me. Pizza party?

cwcdl79

I'd say dish to pass? (I got another tray of stuffed cabbages to get out of my freezer😎)  How many people?

BamaFan7

I'll be commuting this weekend gents. There's an important football game being played Saturday evening.

Dom, don't forget your cleaning rod I have.
"where the body of the people, or any single man, is deprived of their right, or is under the exercise of a power without right, and have no appeal on earth, then they have a liberty to appeal to heaven, whenever they judge the cause of sufficient moment."

Corvette

I will be there Friday late afternoon.  The plan is to set up the lines Friday afternoon.  For all of you, we will be staying in the Main Clubhouse down on the bottom of the hill this weekend.  There is a steel shoot at top of the hill and they will be taking the Trap House.  I talked with the club and the showers will be available if we need them but we will bunk in the lower house. 

We should have access to the kitchen in the lower club house so we can have dinner on site Sat if that is what everyone wants.  I am good with that as we do have a lot to talk about RE 2019.  See you all in a couple of days.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

HammBone

I'll be over there late Friday afternoon or early evening and can help with the lines. Dinner out that evening is cool. Is a post driver one of those heavy double handled sleeve things? I don't have one, but can pick one up if they are not too expensive. There is a Tractor Supply just up the road from me.

Question: When we instructors are shooting and not instructing for the weekend, can we wear camouflage? All of my good rain gear is camo.

Dinner in on Saturday is fine with me.
1st Appleseed/Cleared Redcoat/Rifleman: 4/20/2013 - Miamisburg, OH
1st Known Distance Rifleman: 11/3/2018 - New Philadelphia, OH
1st Winterseed Rifleman: 1/26/2019 - Liberty Center, OH
Donned the Red Hat: 6/16/2019 - Wilmington, OH

"Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young." - Anonymous

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper

Corvette

Hammbone,

Don't bother, with the rain, the ground will be soft enough that my "persuader" will be good enough to get the posts in the ground. 

See you tomorrow night.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Crazyduckhunter

I will arrive this evening most likely after dark.

Saturday dinner will be potluck in.
Birdman us bringing salad stuff.
Cwcdl is bringing the cabbage rolls
I will be bringing a container of deer chili. And also bacon to add to the breakfast.

See you all there later this evening!