News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Coupeville, WA Oct 2018 AAR

Started by Kimber Custom, October 25, 2018, 02:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimber Custom

Looking forward to working the the patriots that come out this weekend to the Central Whidbey Sportsmen's Association. The Rifleman forge will be hot but you might want to bring a sweater - it's going to be chilly this weekend.

Kimber Custom

Boy did we dodge the weather bullet - aside from one torrential downpour Sunday AM (I must admit; when that rain hit my thought was 'if this is what the whole day is going to be like - lets go home') the rest of the weekend was reasonably pleasant.

14 patriots came to the line. All first time 'seeders. This might actually be my first time with all noobies. We weren't able to forge any Riflemen but the fire of liberty and heritage was stoked.

Remember - if you aren't sure what the answer is, it's NPOA (unless it's sight alignment  **))

Dry practice, dry practice, dry practice - fix one thing at a time and make the goal to be 'better'. See you all on the trail.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XZv5hvo29L9kDU2G7

Earl

I would like to say I am very happy with everyone that came and shot their best on their targets, and didn't get upset over shooting on other's targets when changing NPOA under the time gun and chilly weather... Great attitudes, fine camaraderie and learning to refine skills and listen to the history presentations. Bald Eagle flying overhead was timely. You all make my time spent on the road, in the cold and with funny new pains in my body as I try to demonstrate shooting positions - it is all worth the improvements you made in your marksmanship and understanding of long ago, and so far away - April 19, 1775.

I wrote a bit about it on my blog, and I share: https://earl-earlsview.blogspot.com/2018/10/time-keeps-moving-on-and-i-am-falling.html
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

scuzzy

You guys must have done a heck of a good job - you've definitely made some new fans. See email I received pasted below.

Hello Project Appleseed,

I'm writing to send my sincere compliments to your group, and particularly to recognize the instructors at our Coupeville, Washington course this past weekend. Myself, my husband, and two friends all signed up not really knowing what to expect. We had such a good time and learned an incredible amount during our class. Instructors Earl, Ben, and Will were fantastic - knowledgeable, skilled instructors who were kind and encouraging. They were also first-rate storytellers, and really brought history to life for us.

Just wanted to let you know you have four new fans, who are considerably better at marksmanship than we were three days ago, and that Ben, Earl, and Will are keepers. Thank you for the good work you do.

Best regards,

Caitlin
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

colonial shooter

Nice write up Earl. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Glad this event was a good one. New shooters is always a good thing. May the persevere in their search of knowledge.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

maxwell

Way to go, guys! Sounds like western WA is picking up IITs and getting more positive feedback now that I moved away.  ;)