News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Redmond, WA, Oct 13/14, 2018, AAR

Started by Prescott, October 08, 2018, 01:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prescott

This was the last event for 2018 at the Interlake Sporting Association.  What a great weekend for the reawakening of Heritage in Redmond, WA.  It was cool and crisp in the morning, but warmed up nicely in the afternoon.

We had a great group of students this weekend, that put their marksmanship instruction to work.  The instructors were a little disheartened at the AQT score on Saturday, but we identified the fundamentals that the shooters needed to work on, and they all made great improvement on Sunday.   Everyone improved their AQT scored by a minimum of 100 points by the end of Sunday.   This was a wonder thing to observe.

GL0CKGIRL stated that the one thing that puts a smile on her face (more than earning her Distinguished patch) is watching the students improvement.   She had lots to smile about this weekend!

Congratulation to our four new rifleman; Dan, Bruz, Raymond and Liana.  Huzzah.  Dan was poster child for persistence, as this was his 4th AS event and he earned his rifleman patch.  Bruz came to the event with impressive marksmanship skills, as he cleared the Redcoat on Saturday morning.  However, he was challenged by the AQT to get enough shot downrange through his CZ bolt action rifle.  He learned to pick up pace and shot the weekend's high score of 232!

As stated above, everyone did great this weekend in picking up the fundamentals.  The best way to reinforce them, it to do dry fire practice at home with a safe unloaded rifle.   Practice and perfect the fundamental, then come back to the range next year, and earn your patch.

I really enjoyed working with everyone this weekend!

In Liberty,
Griff
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Mike AKA Bandaid

Great group, attentive to instruction, and potentially some future AS instructors!

Also, seeing a family grow on the range, and move from not hitting paper, to shooting over 150 is amazing!

Thanks for a great weekend Boss!
Known Distance Rifleman 07/2018
PNW Morgans Rifleman 07/2018
Red Hat 09/2018
Distinguished 10/2018

Earl

Gosh, it is so good to get back on the trail and meet a fine group of shooters wanting to learn marksmanship and about our founding fathers, too often unmentioned. http://earl-earlsview.blogspot.com/2018/10/great-weekend-in-renton.html My blog post from this weekend, I keep going and keep writing. You have done well. Don't stop and keep learning. O0
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

GL0CKGIRL

What a great weekend! Thank you to all the shooters who came out! It was a pleasure to travel a few hours north to work with you guys. Absolutely loved seeing the improvement from everybody! Hope to see you guys at another event soon!

HUZZAH to Bandaid for shooting Distinguished!

Below is a link to a few pictures I managed to grab!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/1emQQRTFNY1fYgsb9
The one thing that puts a smile on my face, even more than earning Distinguished, is seeing a shooter I've worked with improve.

First Appleseed - Dundee, OR - 7/2018
Cleared Redcoat - Dundee, OR - 7/8/2018
Rifleman - Dundee, OR - 7/8/2018
Orange Hat - Eagle Creek, OR - 8/19/2018
Distinguished - Dundee, OR - 9/16/2018

RaidrDan

Thanks to Griff and all of the other instructors at the Redmond WA Appleseed this past weekend.  A lot of fun was had by all on a perfect weekend to shoot and it was especially fun watching the new shooters get better at making their shots and tighten up their groups as the weekend progressed.  A testament to the fine instruction that was being given. 

My brother Dave and I understand (too some degree) the amount of dedication, effort and time it takes to put on an Appleseed event and we would like to thank you all personally once again for a really great time.  Thank you and we really appreciate all you do to keep the Flames of Liberty burning in all of us who participate.  I hope to see you all at a future Appleseed really soon.  Take care, RaidrDan

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."― Edmund Burke

aptemplet

Great Job, guys and gals! 
Thanks for the work, and hope to see you again one of these days!

bruzilla

Thanks to all the instructors for putting on such a great event! My first Appleseed, this far surpassed any expectations I had coming in. Lots of learning over the weekend, great group of people, and just generally fun. Hoping to cross paths with you all at future events.

GL0CKGIRL thank you so much for posting all those photos! It was great to be able to share them with my family so they could see what they missed out on and get them thinking about joining in the next time around :)

Canadian

..:.. Thank you so much, instructors. Had a very fulfilling and rewarding experience. I've been to two Appleseeds and this by far is the best. Was very organized, safe and entertaining. Griff was great at keeping the group going and organized. Earl provided comic relief and instruction. And Matt was so helpful that he really made a difference. Without Matt, my wife wouldn't have passed if he hadn't loaned his equipment.

Everyone was a load of fun and really helped the journey of improvement. Thank you all!

Earl

Thank you for the compliment and evaluation, and for doing your best to get with the program. O0
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

HUBBLE

The hard work and determination by all shooters really showed through. Proud to be a part of such a fantastic organization and proud of all the shooters and their progress. Huzzah! :F
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." John A. Shedd

"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." Benjamin Franklin

Requalified: 6/20/21