News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Michigan IBC 2019 dates

Started by Corvette, October 09, 2018, 10:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Ohio AS,

Michigan has set the date and location for their Instructor Boot Camp (IBC).  They do a fantastic job with this and I highly recommend this weekend for all IIT's, Instructors and SBs.  It is a great weekend, well organized and covers a great deal of content.  Well worth the weekend.  Details below and more to follow.  If you have any questions, post them here.

Corvette

(Steel Thunder's PM to the Michigan Team)
"Appleseed cadre --

This is an early heads up to save the date for February 22-24, 2019 for the Michigan Instructor Boot Camp at Capital Area Sportsman League in Lansing, Michigan.

I'll send out a detail review of what we'll cover with details of the agenda and learning expectations later this year, but do mark down the date and make every attempt to attend.  While participation isn't mandatory it is...ehh ummmm...STRONGLY encouraged   &) &) &) &)

Seriously, it has proven to be not only fun but also extremely useful towards your instructor skill sets.  For the IT, you can brush up on techniques and learn new tips from your peers.  For the IIT, going to an IBC is worth a whole season of working shoots.  Seriously...you need to be there.

Look for the detailed notification from me later this year.

Your loving and benevolent state dictator,

SteelThunder"
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

HammBone

I'm going. And hopefully bringing home a Winterseed patch!
1st Appleseed/Cleared Redcoat/Rifleman: 4/20/2013 - Miamisburg, OH
1st Known Distance Rifleman: 11/3/2018 - New Philadelphia, OH
1st Winterseed Rifleman: 1/26/2019 - Liberty Center, OH
Donned the Red Hat: 6/16/2019 - Wilmington, OH

"Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young." - Anonymous

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper

Corvette

Hammbone,

IBC's usually do not include any actual shooting.  It is two days of working on all parts of our instructional program, working on our heritage presentations, and learning from other Instructors and Shoot Bosses.  See separate post in the Ohio thread on possible Ohio IBM in Feb.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

HammBone

Gotcha. Will keep an eye out for that thread. Don't see anything yet.
1st Appleseed/Cleared Redcoat/Rifleman: 4/20/2013 - Miamisburg, OH
1st Known Distance Rifleman: 11/3/2018 - New Philadelphia, OH
1st Winterseed Rifleman: 1/26/2019 - Liberty Center, OH
Donned the Red Hat: 6/16/2019 - Wilmington, OH

"Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young." - Anonymous

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper

Cadence

Hammbone,
You are welcome to join us at Liberty Center 1/26/18 &1/27/18 to try for a Winterseed patch!
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Crazyduckhunter

Scheduled my vacation time for work for this yesterday.

Charles McKinley

Great information, good time, wonderful people, you won't regret going.  Michigan puts on one of the best IBCs in the country.

I look forward to the Ohio IBC.  It has been too long.

Chuck
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery