News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Port Townsend Public Hearing on shooting ranges today 10/1..

Started by Daft-Troy, October 01, 2018, 10:59:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daft-Troy

http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/news/public-hearing-monday-on-proposed-shooting-range-law/

"Commissioners will take testimony from the public on the proposed Commercial Shooting Facilities Ordinance at 6:30 p.m. in the Superior Court courtroom of the Jefferson County Courthouse, 1820 Jefferson St. Each speaker will have three minutes to comment."

Here's hoping you still have a facility to use on the Peninsula in a few years....

Kimber Custom

:'(

It's long been my belief that this will be the true attack on the 2nd amendment. Take out the ranges through environmental admin law and tax ammunition to the point that guns get relegated to the closet and forgotten about.

Instructors Yankee Terrier and Bandmask are deeply involved in this process. Please keep us up to date.

glocker21

It is incredible the lengths people will go to in the infringement of rights of others that they do not understand or like but will also fight to prevent the infringement of their rights they hold dear.
"Americans, both politicians and voters, may have become corrupted by big government beyond redemption.

A virtuous government requires a virtuous people.

A frugal government requires a selfâˆ'reliant people.

A free country requires people who value liberty more than
money."
Charley Reese

Mike AKA Bandaid

Quote from: glocker21 on October 01, 2018, 01:36:06 PM
It is incredible the lengths people will go to in the infringement of rights of others that they do not understand or like but will also fight to prevent the infringement of their rights they hold dear.

With the probable passage of I-1639 looming ahead, it won't matter if we don't have ranges. All of us need to be more active in these processes.
Known Distance Rifleman 07/2018
PNW Morgans Rifleman 07/2018
Red Hat 09/2018
Distinguished 10/2018

maxwell

I saw this article last night, and I've been pretty bummed out ever since, as that was my home range and where I first attended an Appleseed. JCSA's ace in the hole has always been the range's use for training by local LEOs (it's closed Mondays for that reason). From the sound of things in this article, that might not be enough anymore, and the environmentalist hippies and I-5 corridor retirees will end up running everything in Jeff County. The board of this "Tarboo Ridge Coalition" looks like what I'd expect: https://tarbooridgecoalition.org/our-board/.