News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Orwell Gun Club - September 8 & 9 planning thread.

Started by Crazyduckhunter, August 28, 2018, 10:46:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazyduckhunter

Hello to all that will be joining us at the Orwell Gun Club - September 8-9 for the third SOLD OUT event for the year at this range!!!

And in addition we are also taking three walk on shooters for a total of 15. If everyone shows up we will most likely have to shoot in flights due to the width of the range.

Texas T will be the shoot boss for this event. Thank you for making the trip up once again from Pittsburgh.

Lunch on Saturday will be prepared by club members and they will be taking donations to cover the cost. Please be generous and support our host range.

Saturday dinner will be zucchini and peppers stuffed with a hot/sweet sausage mixture and noodles. We could use some side dishes: salad, bread or whatever your willing to bring and share. 

Texas T will be making breakfast sandwiches for the instructors as usual.

The Gun Club is holding a Turkey Shoot event on Friday evening. So the place will be jumping. Bring a shotgun and participate. Prizes will be ham and turkeys and each round is $2.50 a round I believe.

I am taking a vacation day on Friday and will most likely go down to the club sometime in the afternoon to do a bit of shooting. If anyone wanted to put some rounds down range with me let me know.

Set up for our event will commence around 5 or so.  Please lend a hand if you are able to.

Crazyduckhunter

cwcdl79

will see you bright and earlyish Saturday morning. let me know what POI to do. Am available for strikes/DOM (let me know in advance, would prefer 1st, but as always-goes to IIT's).

Corvette

Gosh darn, sounds like a great event in the making and you all will be eating better than normal.  I guess I have to up my game in New Philly that same weekend to keep up.   ;D   Have a great shoot.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Crazyduckhunter

We have learned from the best Corvette!
We have been lucky that Orwell has been very successful so far with each event. It certainly helps when there are two Appleseeders that are very active in the club activities and pushing for these events.

Birdman

Looks like Orwell is covered very well. Hate to miss it again.....I signed up for New Philly.

Texas T

We'll miss ya, but Corvette needs the assist a lot more than we do. Enjoy the weekend.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

BamaFan7

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone and taking part in another Appleseed. This one should be fun! A new range to visit, perhaps a distinguished patch, maybe a hat?  :F
"where the body of the people, or any single man, is deprived of their right, or is under the exercise of a power without right, and have no appeal on earth, then they have a liberty to appeal to heaven, whenever they judge the cause of sufficient moment."

Crazyduckhunter

Thanks Birdman for being flexible and going to help out Corvette. Would have liked for your wisdom and experience at Orwell again.

Looking forward to seeing you again on the line BamaFan7.

Crazyduckhunter

Well looks like we will be getting rained on once again at Orwell this weekend. Good news about this is now we have an additional 10X20 canopy to hide under.

It appears that we will also have a guest orange hat from New York join us this weekend to lend a hand as well. Looking forward to this.

Crazyduckhunter

Also forgot to mention again that the Orwell club will be holding a turkey shoot Friday at 6:00 pm. So bring a shotgun and try your hand at this.

BamaFan7

I have a 10x10 canopy I will bring along as well.
"where the body of the people, or any single man, is deprived of their right, or is under the exercise of a power without right, and have no appeal on earth, then they have a liberty to appeal to heaven, whenever they judge the cause of sufficient moment."

Crazyduckhunter