News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Help Needed for Monthly Gun Show Booth !!!

Started by BluegrassColonel, August 20, 2018, 05:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluegrassColonel

David Goodman, owner of Bill Goodman's Gun and Knife Shows, has graciously offered to let Project Appleseed have a free both at ALL of the monthly gun shows in Lebanon, TN.

I am asking that people who are able to work at the booth let me know so we can schedule the booth times as far out as possible.  The first event will be September 8 & 9.

The times will be Saturdays 8:30-5:15; Sundays 8:30-4:15.  The show will begin at 9 each day.

Please contact me directly at bluegrasscolonel@gmail.com to schedule a time to work the booth (ASAP).

Since we have never worked a booth at this show, I am asking that everyone be flexible as possible so that we can figure out the ideal number of people to have in the booth at one time.  I believe 2 should be the minimum.

At the moments, I am planning on shifts being 8:30-1:00 and 12:45-5:15 Saturdays; 8:30-12:30 and 12:15-4:15 on Sundays.  If someone can work a whole day, that would be great.

Of course, admission to the gun show is included for those who are working the booth that day (and ONLY those working that day).

Here is the schedule to date (note that some, including December 2018, are TBA):

September 8 & 9
October 6 & 7
November 3 & 4
December (TBA)

January 18-20 (this may be a typo as it is 3 days)
September 7 & 8
October 5 & 6
November 2 & 3

I would appreciate any help for the gun shows.  To borrow a phrase: "Bring a buddy, tell a friend. Don't you dare miss it!"

In Liberty,
Greg Seneff, Sr.
"Bluegrass Colonel"
Instructor / Shoot Boss
My father didn't serve in WWII.  It wasn't for lack of trying.  He attempted to enlist 3 separate times.  The last time the doctor said he was too short.  He responded that he signed up again because he said he saw a poster that was recruiting short men to be pilots.  The doctor said, "Short, yes.  But this is ridiculous."  In my book, he's still a hero.

Tennessee Beast

My first exposure to Project Appleseed was at the Bill Goodman gun show at the Nashville Fairgrounds in 2010 or so.  This venue is a great opportunity to interact with potential Appleseeders and I encourage those who can to fill a spot.  Our goal is to have 3 volunteers at the booth at all times.
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

ArmyVet

Any news regarding the Jan 2019 dates? It's coming up fast.
The difference between a novice and a master: the novice does it until they get it right. The master does it until they can't get it wrong.

Tennessee Beast

In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

RedLeg

Goodman has sold the shows to C&E.  Not sure how that will work for the TN Appleseed table, as the folks at C&E are not as generous as Goodman was at giving free tables.  Here in Cincinnati, the NRA and a couple other vendors were out in the lobby as opposed to being inside the show.  We had great crowds though.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
We seek not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

"Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present Generation, to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make a good Use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it." - John Adams in a letter to Abigail, 26 April 1777