News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Olympia, WA CAP Aug 4 & 5 2018

Started by Kimber Custom, August 06, 2018, 01:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimber Custom

Outstanding weekend with the South Sound Composite Squadron, Civil Air Patrol. 23 cadets worked on their marksmanship and learned about their heritage as Riflemen. Congratulations to our first CAP Rifleman Sillars! With a 218 he joined the ranks of Rifleman.

Big thanks to all of the volunteers that came together to make this event happen. Scrounging enough rifles, mats and staff is a team effort and the Northwest Region stepped up -  :bow:

Here are some pictures I took: https://photos.app.goo.gl/bPDLYbqo9LxrpEPV7

Mike AKA Bandaid

I was the baby here, everybody else had previous helped at this event. We teach "from a firehose", well this was INSTRUCTING FROM A FIREHOSE! I'm pretty sure I learned more about how to be a better instructor at this event, then at my previous shoots! Thank you to all the instructors! Amazing teamwork between all the instructors! And as Kimber has said, we definitely IAO!

I will be signing up to help at this event again! I would definitely advise other instructors to sign up too! These CAP cadets are very respectful, and listened better than most teens.
Known Distance Rifleman 07/2018
PNW Morgans Rifleman 07/2018
Red Hat 09/2018
Distinguished 10/2018

Flipper

Thank You to all the people that worked together to make this event happen. It was definitely a success and probably one of our best Cadet shoots to date. Congratulations to Cadet Sillars on making Rifleman, a well earned patch. Well done to all the cadets that came out this weekend. All of you improved greatly over the weekend and I hope you took what we taught you to heart. Good Luck to the cadets that are moving on to various branches of the military. Thank You for your service and stay safe.

Here is the link to the photos I took. There should be a picture of every cadet in prone at least.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LFqjkDHJwBQpaHzQ7

Until next year,
Flipper

Earl

Had a wonderful time, and looking forward to seeing great things from the cadets in the future. Keep practicing, keep safe and always learning.

http://earl-earlsview.blogspot.com/2018/08/on-road-again-cap-cadets-to-make-into.html  My blog post from this event, until another day on another range be in peace. O0
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.