News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Salem Hunting Club, Salem Ohio, July 28th and 29th

Started by Invictus Maneo, July 31, 2018, 08:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invictus Maneo

What a great weekend with a tremendous group of like-minded Americans. Thanks to Dan, Jay and The Salem Hunting Club for hosting yet another stellar shoot. As I have repeatedly said, Project Appleseed would be nowhere without the gracious clubs that give up their facilities for a weekend. Again, THANK YOU!

Thanks to the Instructors, Dan, Tom and Dom for their work and volunteering their time and effort.

The shooters were outstanding. Jay re-qualified no less than five times and came within 1 point of earning the ever elusive Distinguished patch.  Alex re-qualified three times and Ryan twice. Jay and Alex also cleared two Redcoats each. Jake, Dano and B-Ryan all showed great improvement over the course of the weekend. The highlight of my weekend was B-Ryan's smile when he shot the 300 yd. Redcoat on Sunday afternoon. Dano deserves an award for sheer determination considering the equipment issues he had, he still stuck with it and I hope he will return for more. It was interesting having Jake there giving us a perspective of what it is like to live in a less tolerant state.

All in all, I think it was an excellent weekend and I look forward to shooting with all of you again.
"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mahatma Gandhi

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."
- Mahatma Gandhi

�Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.�
- Ronald Reagan

�Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber.�
- Plato

"My Son, Freedom is best, I tell thee true, of all things to be won."
- William Wallace

Rclapsadle

Texas T

A few photos from the weekend, because everyone knows...

:pics:

Starting the weekend with a little instruction, ensuring that everyone was at the same starting point.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

Having trouble uploading images. I'll try again later.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

A few more pics...

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

And a few more...

MI IBC, February 2017

BamaFan7

Thank you again to all the instructors. It was an excellent weekend for heritage and marksmanship training.
"where the body of the people, or any single man, is deprived of their right, or is under the exercise of a power without right, and have no appeal on earth, then they have a liberty to appeal to heaven, whenever they judge the cause of sufficient moment."

Cato

Many thanks to the great instructors! Tom's one-on-one attention was particularly helpful and I think I may have finally broken some bad habits that I have had for a long time (mostly related to trigger pull). Thanks to the instructors I improved over 20 points on my AQT. I'm still in the hunt for the patch, but I just bought a whole bunch of redcoats and am dedicated to carving out time in my schedule to hit the range more often. I hope to see everyone in Salem again next year.

-Jake

Corvette

Cato,

Glad you had a great shoot.  Work on that trigger control at home.  Dry fire, get a pellet gun and practice in the basement and find time to get to the range.  It will all pay off.  I am confident that you will patch at the next event.  See you soon at another event.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Cato

Corvette,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I've been thinking about setting up a backstop for a pellet gun in my basemen and this is just the nudge that I needed. Do you have any particular suggestions regarding pellet guns for this purpose?

-Jake

Corvette

Well I use a Crossman 760 as that is what I had as a child but the CMP is also selling pellet guns at a pretty good price.  Anything will do as you will be concentrating on  trigger control and the six steps and not so much on actual accuracy of the pellet.  Good luck and see you soon at another AS.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Cato

The ones through the CMP look really nice. Thanks for the tips!

-Jake