News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Why no Appleseed at Clark Rifles?

Started by Mike AKA Bandaid, July 17, 2018, 06:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike AKA Bandaid

The Clarks Rifles Range has KD range capabilities as well as 25 yard ranges. Why isn't there an Appleseed there? Did we used to teach there? Was there a falling out I don't know about?

Just Curious.
Known Distance Rifleman 07/2018
PNW Morgans Rifleman 07/2018
Red Hat 09/2018
Distinguished 10/2018

Kimber Custom

No conflict that I'm aware of. We had an instructor who was a member there that I'm sure tried to get us in the door but it never manifest. I don't have any specific knowledge on what the hurdles were. If you know someone on the board, give them my number.

ScubaSteve

Remember a Rifleman will persist. If they say no keep asking. I am trying to get Appleseed at my local range. They keep saying no. If they keep it up I am goimg get elected to the board and vote it in myself. :)

Keep up the great work up north a d hope to see you guus again.

TOMINCT

Sometimes it can be a hard sell for those who've not been to AS. Cold calls especially so as you don't have a familiar face on the inside pulling for you. Without a friendly inside the club there's a very low chance for success. FWIW I sent info to 23 clubs in Maine years back, got one for my efforts. So the possibility is there, but...

Best, if you can get a member to go to another shoot in the area and let him help sell it. Even then it can be a long walk uphill, but keep going until you get an answer. When we got Colebrook online I had to go to 4 meetings to get it approved. So, it can be worth the effort.

Also if the club is a busy place with various functions utilizing the range(s) you can see if a one day shoot can be set up there. Easier to get that instead of the range being tied up for 2 days and it can open the door for a bigger event, or  KD, in the future.

A rifleman persists.

HTH, Tominct
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

Kimber Custom

Quote from: ScubaSteve on July 18, 2018, 07:58:48 AM
Remember a Rifleman will persist. If they say no keep asking. I am trying to get Appleseed at my local range. They keep saying no. If they keep it up I am goimg get elected to the board and vote it in myself. :)

That's exactly how I ended up on the board of DRRC  %)

Mike AKA Bandaid

Quote from: Kimber Custom on July 18, 2018, 01:50:45 PM
Quote from: ScubaSteve on July 18, 2018, 07:58:48 AM

That's exactly how I ended up on the board of DRRC  %)

Gotta be a member to get on the board, and they are no longer accepting people on the waiting list, as it is about 10 years long. A membership there is the local version of "unobtainium".
Red Hat 09/2018
Distinguished 10/2018

Prescott

When Wheeler44 was still running events in the NW (08'-11'), his son was on the Clark Rifle junior small bore team.  He was at the range at least 3 times per week and was well known at the club. He tried to get AS events at the range and they were resistant to the idea.  I think they have a very strict "no muzzles above the berm rule".

I will send Wheeler an email and ask for the story about their issue.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Mike AKA Bandaid

Quote from: Prescott on July 20, 2018, 11:30:04 PM
When Wheeler44 was still running events in the NW (08'-11'), his son was on the Clark Rifle junior small bore team.  He was at the range at least 3 times per week and was well known at the club. He tried to get AS events at the range and they were resistant to the idea.  I think they have a very strict "no muzzles above the berm rule".

I will send Wheeler an email and ask for the story about their issue.

Thanks Prescot. Please let me know what you find out!
Red Hat 09/2018
Distinguished 10/2018