News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Orwell, Ohio Orwell Gun Club June 9-10, 2018

Started by Texas T, June 12, 2018, 09:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas T

Another great event at the Orwell Gun Club. While it would have been nice if the weather on Saturday had carried over to Sunday, unfortunately it didn't. However, who's to say that a little rain should have any impact on a stellar group of shooters.

We started Saturday morning with instructor introductions, the regular safety brief, including the four rules of gun safety, the steps to a safe rifle, an explanation of the line commands and framing up the weekend's history by sharing the Four Questions. Needless to say, no one could answer them prior to the start of the weekend, but several passed the final exam with flying colors by Sunday afternoon.

We shot the morning Redcoat to give us a starting measurement with 8 of the 11 proficient at 100 yards, 2 at 200, 4 at 300, 2 at 400 and 2 that joined Daniel Morgan. One shooter (Nicolette) even cleared things on Saturday morning!!

We moved on to the Steady-Hold Factors, the Six Steps, NPOA, and before we knew it, lunch was on the table, served by the club. Thanks, Orwell Gun Club for taking care of us so well.

The afternoon saw an explanation of IMC, by Yankee, and the telling of the Three Strikes, by three different instructors. The remainder of the afternoon was spent sighting in rifles and working through a practice AQT.

Sunday dawned cooler, and with a rain that stuck around most of the day. Our morning Redcoat scores were much better, and three shooters cleared the whole thing. Great job Robert, Bryan and Nicolette (two days straight).

After a drill on carding the sights, we were ready to get down to putting it all together and taking on the AQT. By the end of the day, we had four new Riflemen (and women). Robert posted a 210, Brian came in with a 215, Jim scored a three-peat, with a 210, 212 and 223, and Nicolette took home the high honors with a 230 and a 240, earning the Distinguished Honor and Patch.

We covered known distance and talked about some Dangerous Old Men and Women and the CMP (thanks Ron). Closing out the day we passed out youth patches and packed up a bunch of wet gear, in order to get home before dark.

By the end of the weekend, a new Orange Hat had stepped forward (let's hear a hearty Huzzah for Brian) and Yankee had passed his PC3.

Thanks, again, to the Orwell Gun Club, for hosting our event and providing a very nice venue for our shooters.

Remember:   :pics:

Post 'em if ya got 'em.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

LawOH

Looking forward to being at Madison in July, either as a participant/shooter or Orange Hat instructor. If I am not a shooter I will want to give my slot to my father.

Texas T

Thanks. I'll look into what needs to be done to change things over so that your dad can take your place and you can begin as an instructor. I just need your dad's name. Also, I just sent you an email and a Private Message in the Appleseed system. Let me know if you have any questions.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

Here are a couple of pics from our event. If anyone else took any, please feel free to post them...

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

This one was sent to me by a shooter...

MI IBC, February 2017

Crazyduckhunter

Thanks to all for another great event at Orwell. A stellar group that drank eagerly from the fire hose. Everyone had great teachable attitudes and they stuck it out through the rain and the mud all day on Sunday. It always seems like the events at Orwell go off without a hitch every time without fail. A big thanks to TexasT for his level of preparedness.  :bow: And thanks to the other instructors that helped out this weekend. Awesome crew to work an event with.  :bow:

A big thanks to Orwell Gun Club for hosting us. The lunch was a success I would say. I am sure we will do lunch again in September.

Congrats to all that scored the coveted 210 or higher.

Seeing a score from a young lady of 240 WOW. AWESOME!

Thank you to OHJD32  that took up a orange hat. Welcome!! Look forward to seeing you on the trail.

Congrats to Yankee for passing PC3.

Corvette

Looks like another great event at Orwell.  Huzzah. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Charley

Pictures!

Charley

More pictures

Charley

Even more pictures