News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Welcome to Wisconsin--Wisconsin members check in here!

Started by Trisha, January 19, 2009, 07:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trig

Quote from: Josh_from_WI on December 17, 2012, 05:58:48 PM
Checking in from Twin Lakes, Hope to do my first Appleseed this year

Welcome Josh!!  We hope to have our shoots for 2013 posted soon, Hope to see you soon!!  please let us know if you have any questions, and be sure to bring a friend!!
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

Privateer

Howdy Yawl.
I'm trying to get mentally prepared to do my first shoot ever as an Orange Hat, 000-1 in Mason WI.  Taylor is the Shoot Boss.  I don't think I could have picked a better mentor.  I am scared of screwing up.  I've goofed off most of the winter sitting around in my basement getting my reloading bench/area squared away, reloading stuff, going to township board meetings as a general concerned citizen, gun club meetings and doing general honey do's around the house.  I've come to the realization now that upon stepping up, I should have been studying the 160+ pages of the AS Instructor's manual. Oh boy, am I in deep do-do now.  I'll be in the hole crammin' the rest of this week and all of next for the shoot on the 20th. Ya know, the funny thing about it all is that I don't think I'm the first scallywag to experience these butterflies.  I think courage is the ability not to overcome fear, but to just push thru it and do what needs to be done.  If not now,when? If not me, who? God bless you patriots current and past. Can I measure up? I am going to give it my damndest. See yawl on the other side..........
Far better it is to dare mighty things, than to take rank with those poor timid spirits that know niether victory nor defeat..... Teddy R.  Rough Riders

Liberty or Death,  There is NO try...... Patrick Henry Yoda

"An excellent example of what not to do"........  Positive Reinforcement by a Shoot Boss to an IIT....

"Every man dies, but not every man lives".......

Taylor

Quote from: Privateer on April 12, 2013, 11:45:33 PM
Howdy Yawl.
I'm trying to get mentally prepared to do my first shoot ever as an Orange Hat, 000-1 in Mason WI.  Taylor is the Shoot Boss.  I don't think I could have picked a better mentor.  I am scared of screwing up.  I've goofed off most of the winter sitting around in my basement getting my reloading bench/area squared away, reloading stuff, going to township board meetings as a general concerned citizen, gun club meetings and doing general honey do's around the house.  I've come to the realization now that upon stepping up, I should have been studying the 160+ pages of the AS Instructor's manual. Oh boy, am I in deep do-do now.  I'll be in the hole crammin' the rest of this week and all of next for the shoot on the 20th. Ya know, the funny thing about it all is that I don't think I'm the first scallywag to experience these butterflies.  I think courage is the ability not to overcome fear, but to just push thru it and do what needs to be done.  If not now,when? If not me, who? God bless you patriots current and past. Can I measure up? I am going to give it my damndest. See yawl on the other side..........

Been there, done that. Don't worry, I got your back.  O0
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

JP

Checking in. My first appleseed was in Swamico, I was the tall guy that got sunburned sat then it snowed sunday ahaha.... Waiting for pics or a post from that. What  a great exp. like others i came in thinking i was the cats meow only to have it squashed from the first day haha..
Second day new rifle and bam rifle man. what a great feeling. got me back in love with shooting. Loved the 13 man salute and the history lessons as well.

Im not part of any shooting range or club but im in hobart so within 15 min to the nicolet gun club..

64impala

checking in.  First appleseed this weekend in Baraboo.   I had a great time, and will definitely be attending more of these.

I need the work!    ~~:)

RustyRed

Glad you had a great time 64impala, remember to keep dry firing :--- :--- :--- hope to see you again!

fepowered

Quote from: JP on May 03, 2013, 03:55:10 PM
Checking in. My first appleseed was in Swamico, I was the tall guy that got sunburned sat then it snowed sunday ahaha.... Waiting for pics or a post from that. What  a great exp. like others i came in thinking i was the cats meow only to have it squashed from the first day haha..
Second day new rifle and bam rifle man. what a great feeling. got me back in love with shooting. Loved the 13 man salute and the history lessons as well.

Im not part of any shooting range or club but im in hobart so within 15 min to the nicolet gun club..
Unfortunately I do not have much for pics. It was a great weekend!!
Here is the thread for the shoot....   http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=35142.0
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

Trig

Quote from: JP on May 03, 2013, 03:55:10 PM

And 64Impala,  Welcome aborad!! hope to see you around!! Please feel free to contact us with any questions!

1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

helmsdeepsurvivor

Why hello all.  I go by Helms (Bret) from New Richmond, WI.  I just completed an appleseed shoot in Menomonie and got my Rifle patch!  I am looking forward to more events and also getting the cold weather patch.  The group I was with took a lot of pictures and I am hoping to see them and reconnect with the crew teaching the class but I don't know where to find them.  I am also super excited to say my wife let me order a M1 Garand since I go the patch!
"Not all who wander are lost."
Tolkien

"The hunter who wanders through these lands sees sights which ever afterward remain fixed in his mind.... Apart from this, yet mingled with it, is the strong attraction of the silent places, of the large tropic moons, and the splendor of the new stars; where the wanderer sees the awful glory of sunrise and sunset in the wide waste spaces of the earth, unworn of man, and changed only by the slow change of the ages through time everlasting."
Theodore Roosevelt

Helms

DrRichP

Quote from: helmsdeepsurvidvor on May 19, 2013, 10:02:21 AM
Why hello all.  I go by Helms (Bret) from New Richmond, WI.  I just completed an appleseed shoot in Menomonie and got my Rifle patch!  I am looking forward to more events and also getting the cold weather patch.  The group I was with took a lot of pictures and I am hoping to see them and reconnect with the crew teaching the class but I don't know where to find them.  I am also super excited to say my wife let me order a M1 Garand since I go the patch!

Welcome Bret! Congratulations on earning your Rifleman patch. I think you can find your pictures in the After Action Repots section http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=35659.msg261895#new

We're excited to have you as part of our WI team. I hope to see you at an Appleseed real soon.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

NormaMan

Hello,
I'm a new member to Appleseed. I live in Pewaukee WI.
I attended my first Appleseed shoot yesterday in Hubertus.
Trisha was our Range Boss, TriggerNick was one of our instructors.  I had a AMAZING day!
Their instruction was top notch. I have shot before, there were others in the group that appeared to be fairly new to the shooting sports, and I applaude them. We enjoyed hearing the three strikes stories, as well as brushing up on our Nation's history, and Heritige. We followed their instructions, and learned not only firearm safety, but how to shoot the right way. The weather was perfect for a great day of learning, and enjoying our second amendment rights. I want to Thank you Trisha, and the other instructor's for a wonderful experiance, and for your dedication to a great cause.
A very heart felt "Thank You" to all of you for your hard work.
We will meet again!
Howard.
P.S. RWVA welcomed a new orange hat yesterday.... Deacon's son. We named him Rainbow Sherbet....(you have to see the pic's!! lol )

Wally

Quote from: helmsdeepsurvivor on May 19, 2013, 10:02:21 AM

Bret, was great meeting you, and mighty fine shooting! Although I am officially a resident of the gopher state, I occasionally make the sojurn to the hills regions of Cheeselandia.   ^-^   I'm planning on making the Elmwood shoot in July, I'll be looking for you!!  :cool2:
"The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy" --Montesquieu

A book written by my Sixth Great Grandfather,  "Recollections of an Old Soldier. The life of Captain David Perry, a soldier of the French and Revolutionary Wars." (1822)  http://archive.org/stream/recollectionsofo00perr#page/n1/mode/2up

cosine

Hi everybody. I'm in SE WI just outside of Milwaukee, and I usually shoot at Schultz Rod & Gun Club in Muskego and at Fletcher Arms in Waukesha.

My wife and I haven't attended an Appleseed event yet, but it's on our shooting to-do list.

DrRichP

Quote from: cosine on August 27, 2013, 01:21:02 PM
Hi everybody. I'm in SE WI just outside of Milwaukee, and I usually shoot at Schultz Rod & Gun Club in Muskego and at Fletcher Arms in Waukesha.

My wife and I haven't attended an Appleseed event yet, but it's on our shooting to-do list.

Welcome to the Appleseed forums Cosine. I am part of the S. WI Appleseed cadre. We are having 3 more Appleseed events in Racine. The first is on September 07-08, the next is October 12-13, and the last for the year will be December 07-08. If you can make it We'd love to see you and your wife September 07-08. The weather is supposed to be great (so far). If not, September, then October. December is pretty cold, so come before then.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Pooky

Hi Trisha this is Nicole from the River Falls Ladyseed shoot this last weekend. Caleb told me to message you on here. I have a few questions I would like to ask you and Joe. Also thank you for such a great weekend. Can't stop thinking about how much fun it was and how great I feel today. I have just a great mindset today. Thank you again.

Nicole

Trisha

Quote from: pooky on September 16, 2013, 12:19:38 PM
Hi Trisha this is Nicole from the River Falls Ladyseed shoot this last weekend. Caleb told me to message you on here. I have a few questions I would like to ask you and Joe. Also thank you for such a great weekend. Can't stop thinking about how much fun it was and how great I feel today. I have just a great mindset today. Thank you again.

Nicole

Welcome, Nicole! I am glad to see you made it on here. I just saw your email so I will send you a personal message on here linking in Jo and Martin. While you're waiting for that, please see the start of our After Action Report and let us know how your weekend went on there too!
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=37567.0

Thanks!

Mr.Natural

Greetings All,   Mr. Natural is lurking in the backwoods,   may reappear someday.    Hope the Orange Hat is still good?

JoeZ

"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

Ninja Piper

I'm an FFL and gunsmith out of Watertown and belong to the Juneau rod and gun club. I'm primarily a CMP/NRA shooter and came to my first Appleseed in January at Huburtus. Shot rifleman first time with an old Mossberg 44us I built from one of the CMPs "bad barreled receivers" I picked up for $25, even though I only loaded 9 rounds for the standing phase.... Math isn't my strong point, ok? I'm going to be at the Racine one this weekend with two new shooters and plan on leaving with an orange hat and another rifleman score!
In Hoc Signo Vinces

Non nobis, non nobis, Domine
Sed nomini tuo da gloriam.

Worthy and well qualified, duly and truly prepared.

www.facebook.com/jdrifleworks

Trig

Thanks for stopping by the forums, and picking up your Orange hat!!! Hope to see you around often!
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11

motorcycleboy

New member here. Did my first appleseed (1 day) in Hubertus this Saturday. The instructors were top notch, I am really glad I went. I should have gone years ago. I believe I will go to many more, and bring friends. Didn't make rifleman but I will try till I die if I have to. I don't think it will be a huge problem with the excellent teaching of the instructors. I think I'm hooked!

ParkerJR

Quote from: Trisha on January 19, 2009, 07:23:41 PM
This is the place to let everyone know that you are from the great state of Wisconsin. We here would love to know that you are a Wisconsinite who loves to shoot and cares about American heritage. This will help the state coordinators, fepowered and Old Glory! know who you are.

*Please post an introduction about yourself, which part of the state you are in or range you are near to.

*Feel free to PM fepowered, Old Glory! or colycat if you have any questions.

Greetings:

Parker here (Clark County).  Shot my first Appleseed on 19 Apr 14 at River Falls.  My motivation for going was to take a young man I have been coaching who is about to start shooting NRA Small bore events in conjunction with High School Rodeo.  I wanted him to attend an event and experience the "competitive" atmosphere of an organized shoot with formal range commands.. 

Boy did I get my moneys worth!  It was nothing short of outstanding..    I also shot the event managing to pick up my Rifleman patch,  (not bad for an old guy with cataracts). I have not shot a course of fire like that since, well the 70's.  We both had a great time and it was very informative as well a just plain fun.. 

On our way home I asked Mason if he would like to attend another event and his reply was an unqualified "YES"!.   My thanks to the Instructor Cadre for such an enjoyable event. 

Parker 

PS.  I see on the schedule there is a "coming soon" event in Withee, WI.  If that happens and gets closer please let me know I'd sure be willing to help out if I"m available.. 

Ninja Piper

In Hoc Signo Vinces

Non nobis, non nobis, Domine
Sed nomini tuo da gloriam.

Worthy and well qualified, duly and truly prepared.

www.facebook.com/jdrifleworks

ParkerJR

Thanks Ninja Piper..  It brought back memories of my .mil days and being on the line at the range.  Only thing missing was the fox hole :)  Great time and well run range..    O0

Trig

Welcome to the forums ParkerJR,

glad to see ya still got it!! hope to see you around with some more friends!  we could always use more volunteers too!!  &)
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11

ParkerJR

Browning300

Hello, this is my first post but I participated in my first event in Racine on July 28-29, 2012. At the time I never got my proof of training to get an M1 Garand from the CMP, but now I would like to send in for one. Can I still get this? I did shoot a rifleman score that Sunday. I would like to shoot another event this summer, hopefully I can make this work out. I did learn a lot and had a lot of fun.
Russ

JoeZ

Greetings Browning and welcome to the boards here.

Here is a link to the shoot After Action Report you referenced in your post. Perhaps you could Private Message Triggernick, as he seems to have been the Shoot Boss, and remind him you were there. If you could point yourself out in the picture or otherwise prove you were there seems something your going to have to do.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=30979.msg231422#msg231422

JoeZ
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

Zimms

Just checking in here.  I just did my first Orange hat IIT0 on August 16th out at McMiller in Eagle, Wisconsin.  I shot my RM in October of 2013 with Triggernick as the Shoot Boss.