News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Welcome to Wisconsin--Wisconsin members check in here!

Started by Trisha, January 19, 2009, 07:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooper

Quote from: jonhohlf on March 18, 2012, 06:12:12 PM
New member from the La Crosse area. Looking forward to possibly attending the even in Chaseburg.
Jon

Welcome indeed !!  I live in MN, but work in La Crosse.  Happy to have you on the forum!
Janelle & Jackie the Rifledog
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

dragonfly

Welcome to Appleseed Jon here is the WI schedule http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states.php?filter=WI&statename=Wisconsin . The Chaseburg event is a special event as it is the Patriots weekend. I would highly recommend it  O0 .
D-fly

Quote from: jonhohlf on March 18, 2012, 06:12:12 PM
New member from the La Crosse area. Looking forward to possibly attending the even in Chaseburg.

Jon
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

colddeadhands

Just attended my first appleseed in Racine.  Had a great time and learned a ton. bargain at 70 bucks. Thanks again to the volunteer instructors, could never do it without you guys. Didn't even feel the cold.

One thing, I had spoken to some of the instructors including TriggerNick about becoming a member at the Racine range but forgot to leave my # to be forwarded to Rich to inquire about a sponsorship.

Could someone help put me in touch with Rich somehow? Any help would be appreciated.

Chris Jacques
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. - Thomas Jefferson

colycat

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

dragonfly

Welcome to the appleseed forum colddeadhands, make sure you check the Racine After Action Report: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=28707.0 Let us know what you think  O0

D-fly

K.I.S.S.

EltonJohn

Old Glory!

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

snidely196

Just got home from the Shawano shoot this weekend, my father -in-law, wife and I had a great time(all a little sore tho). Can't wait to do it again!
HHC 1/69 Mortar Platoon, Kitzingen, W. Germany 87-89
Yes, That's an expert badge, but it was a loooonng time ago.

Single Barrel

I'm a Wisconsin native but, unfortunately, work has taken me away from my roots for far too long.  Plan to live in the Northwoods (northern Price county) again in the next year or so.  Attended my first Appleseed event recently and I am so impressed and enjoyed it so much I plan to be more involved in the future so wanted to introduce myself.  Plan to start my involvement here in Illinois (before you boo i have to say Appleseed is very much alive and well in IL with a lot of dedicated people involved) so hopefully will be IIT by the time moving back home.

Anyway, just wanted say Hi to all in WI and looking forward attending Appleseed in my home state!
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"   Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

dragonfly

Welcome to the forum snidely196, we'll see you on the trail

D-fly

Quote from: snidely196 on June 10, 2012, 10:48:17 PM
Just got home from the Shawano shoot this weekend, my father -in-law, wife and I had a great time(all a little sore tho). Can't wait to do it again!

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

Welcome Single Barrel, IL is a good place to start, good people, looking forward to meeting you on the Appleseed trail.

D-fly

Quote from: Single Barrel on June 17, 2012, 01:15:13 PM
I'm a Wisconsin native but, unfortunately, work has taken me away from my roots for far too long.  Plan to live in the Northwoods (northern Price county) again in the next year or so.  Attended my first Appleseed event recently and I am so impressed and enjoyed it so much I plan to be more involved in the future so wanted to introduce myself.  Plan to start my involvement here in Illinois (before you boo i have to say Appleseed is very much alive and well in IL with a lot of dedicated people involved) so hopefully will be IIT by the time moving back home.

Anyway, just wanted say Hi to all in WI and looking forward attending Appleseed in my home state!

K.I.S.S.

MC2AF

New Member checking in.

Went to my first Appleseed in Racine on July 28-29, 2012.  Very hot but very impressed.  Had lots of fun as did my nephew Nolan.  We're going to try to make more.

I like to shoot various shooting formats.  I shoot on the .22 and center fire pistol leagues at the  Stoughton Conservation Club.  I shoot CMP and HighPower rifle at the Beloit Rifle Club.  I shot the First Annual EOD Wounded Warrior Shoot at the Deerfield range (July 21-22) which was a 3-gun event.  (My first time shooting trap)

I'm always looking for a shooting event or gun show.

Bradley
(MC2AF)

Trisha

Welcome Bradley! It is nice to see you on here!! I hope to see you and your nephew again at another Appleseed!

Janir

Welcome to our little corner of the AS forums!

Quote from: MC2AF on August 08, 2012, 10:52:12 PM
New Member checking in.

Went to my first Appleseed in Racine on July 28-29, 2012.  Very hot but very impressed.  Had lots of fun as did my nephew Nolan.  We're going to try to make more.

I like to shoot various shooting formats.  I shoot on the .22 and center fire pistol leagues at the  Stoughton Conservation Club.  I shoot CMP and HighPower rifle at the Beloit Rifle Club.  I shot the First Annual EOD Wounded Warrior Shoot at the Deerfield range (July 21-22) which was a 3-gun event.  (My first time shooting trap)

I'm always looking for a shooting event or gun show.

Bradley
(MC2AF)
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

Taylor

Quote from: Single Barrel on June 17, 2012, 01:15:13 PM

Plenty of Appleseeds up here in NW WI. I hope to meet you at one soon.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Trig

Welcome Bradley! it was great to meet you and Nolan, thanks for getting our future generations off the couch and in the outdoors!  hope to see you again soon!
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

eccarryguy

Well, I guess I better post up here!

Hi, I am Tony. I have been shooting for many years. I was born and raised in a shooting family.

I have been trained/instructed to shoot from, Dad, grandpa, numerous uncles, Boy Scouts, military, NRA and more skilled shooters than I can count...oh and of course, Project Appleseed!

I shot my first Appleseed June 2,3 at Dunn Co range in Colfax, WI.

I am also an NRA certified instructor and believe Project Appleseed is an outstanding program!

I live in Eau Claire and choose to shoot in Colfax with the Colfax Sportsmens Club.

Trisha

Welcome eccarryguy to the forum! I hope you are able to make it to another Appleseed! Colfax has another Appleseed this weekend too.  ;D

BugginOut

Plan A = saving the country.
-Fred

Mr.Natural

Greeting  All,   Mr.Natural still here and may surface someday soon.   Y.M.H.O.S.   Natch

RTB

Just finished the first day of my first Appleseed Shoot. Can't wait for tomarrow!

RomeoTangoBravo.net

River Falls, WI 9/15/12 : Rifleman
River Falls, WI 4/19/13 : Rifleman
Orange Hat 9/13/13
IBC Bowler, WI 7/13/14 : Known Distance Rifleman
Red Hat 10/11/15
Shoot Boss 8/7/2016

dragonfly

Welcome to Appleseed, RomeoTangoBravo  :~
Hope to meet you on the trail soon,
D-fly

Quote from: RomeoTangoBravo on September 15, 2012, 09:13:41 PM
Just finished the first day of my first Appleseed Shoot. Can't wait for tomarrow!

RomeoTangoBravo.net

K.I.S.S.

Smooth

Well, this weekend, I experienced the most humbling thing that has ever happened to me with a gun in my hand. What was it, you ask? It was my first Appleseed, and already I am planning my next. It's official, I am hooked. I showed up early on a cool October morning expecting to get some pointers on how to improve my shooting skills, only to find out that I had no skills to improve! Now in most cases this would be a bad thing but I really came with an open mind and a teachable attitude, and I left with the desire to come back as soon as possible.The staff of volunteers from "Red Hats" to "Orange Hats" were all helpful, skillful and they seem to want me to succeed as bad as I wanted to succeed. That was cool to see, they really do strive to create "riflemen" from "cooks". The coveted "Rifleman" patch eluded me, but when I saw the 12 year old kid 4 mats down from me get one, I knew I had to have one. To top off the weekend, Saturday evening, after talking with the wife, my 6 year old son gets on the phone to tell me about his Cub Scout outing that day. He began the conversation with "Dad, I hit the target all 12 shots with the BB gun today!! Mom says I shot better than you"!!........ah yes.....just what Dad needs to hear after shooting sub 100 rounds on the AQTs at Lodi.
I cannot wait until the next Appleseed that I can get to. That patch will be mine, my cooking sucks. Until next time, my most sincere THANK YOU to "dragonfly", "ahshoot", "trisha", "infidel", and the others at Lodi this weekend. I had a blast!!
"God grants liberty only to those who love it and are always ready to guard and defend it."
Daniel Webster (1782 - 1852)

MC2AF

My second Appleseed at Lodi this weekend was another new experience.  Unlike the Racine Appleseed in July, this one was much colder.  I shot Rifleman at Racine but this time I did it with a bolt-action.  That was one of my goals for this shoot.  The other was to see my nephew shoot Rifleman.  He did it.  I'm sure his Dad would have liked to have been there.

It was great to see the big crowd at Lodi.  The Racine shoot only had about 14 shooters.  Lodi was double that.  It's a lot more fun with a lot of people there. 

My next goal, Rifleman with a center-fire.  AR-15 or M1 Garand?

Thanks to all the Volunteers.  I'll be looking to put another Lodi shoot on my calendar.

Trisha

Welcome Smooth!! It was great meeting you in Lodi this past weekend and I hope to see you  again at another Appleseed!

MC2AF it was great seeing you and your nephew again!

Here is the link to the Lodi After Action Report, we would love to hear from you on there as well!!  ;D http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=32256.0

Privateer

Howdy Yawl,
Sorry I didn't get here sooner.  Shot my first Appleseed in Gordon last month and just signed up myself and a son for the Spooner shoot. Really looking forward to working with Taylor who is a fine example of what being a true patriot is really about.  It was Taylor, Crash and Boscohurn that drove me to the Rifleman Patch by their encouragement and determination. Luck is what happens when preparedness meets opportunity, and they were both in Gordon that weekend.............  I'm looking forward to meeting more Patriots shortly.
Far better it is to dare mighty things, than to take rank with those poor timid spirits that know niether victory nor defeat..... Teddy R.  Rough Riders

Liberty or Death,  There is NO try...... Patrick Henry Yoda

"An excellent example of what not to do"........  Positive Reinforcement by a Shoot Boss to an IIT....

"Every man dies, but not every man lives".......

Trig

Quote from: Privateer on October 11, 2012, 08:15:49 PM
Howdy Yawl,
Sorry I didn't get here sooner.  Shot my first Appleseed in Gordon last month and just signed up myself and a son for the Spooner shoot. Really looking forward to working with Taylor who is a fine example of what being a true patriot is really about.  It was Taylor, Crash and Boscohurn that drove me to the Rifleman Patch by their encouragement and determination. Luck is what happens when preparedness meets opportunity, and they were both in Gordon that weekend.............  I'm looking forward to meeting more Patriots shortly.

Better late than never!  Glad to see you  on the forums, Gladder yet to see you on the trail!  :cool2:   hope to see you soon.
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

Zafo

Hi,
I've been attending Appleseed's for over a year now and have decided to join the forum.  I enjoy the marksmanship and the history!  I make it to the Daniel Boone Range quite a bit, but have recently been going to new locations to do more 2 day shoots.

Where the mind is without fear and
   the head is held high;
      Where knowledge is free;
      Where the world has not been broken
   up into fragments by narrow domestic walls;
      Where words come out from the
   depth of truth;
      Where tireless striving stretches its
   arms towards perfection;
      Where the clear stream of reason has
   not lost its way into the dreary desert
   sand of dead habit;
      Where the mind is led forward by
   Thee into ever-widening thought and
   action---
      Into that heaven of freedom, my
   Father, let my country awake.

Prayer by Rabindranath Tagore[/size]
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it."   Henry David Thoreau

Trig

Welcome to the forum Zafo!!!

We do have a shoot at Racine County Line Rifle Club this weekend if you're interested  (possible chance at some Actual Distance shooting too)!!  Hope to see ya on the trail!!

Link to Racine Shoot info:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=27470.0
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11

Josh_from_WI

Checking in from Twin Lakes, Hope to do my first Appleseed this year