News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lodi, WI Oct 6-7 AAR

Started by Trisha, October 07, 2012, 09:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trisha

What a great weekend! 28 shooters braved the cold on Saturday and the ones who came back were awarded with some warm sunshine on Sunday. Thank you all for coming out to better yourselves as Americans. Thank you to Winnequah Gun Club for hosting us yet again, it is a great range.

We ended up with 4 Riflemen!! Nolan, Mike, Antonio all scored RM on Saturday and Tom on Sunday. Congratulations everyone!! I hope to see all of you back at another Appleseed...with someone else in tow!

Pictures will be posted soon.

sisu45

Thank you for the excellent instruction and history this weekend!  All of the instructors did an exceptional job!  I look foreword to to attending another appleseed shoot.

Tom

Smooth

WOW...as I described my weekend in Lodi earlier: "The most humbling experience I have ever had with a gun in my hand" and I LOVED it. I am hooked and will be back. Thank you for a fantastic experience at my first shoot. I was most impressed with the professionalism and "caring" of the entire shoot staff. Great team that represented Project Appleseed well. I cannot wait until the next Appleseed that I can get to. That patch will be mine, my cooking sucks. Until next time, my most sincere THANK YOU to "dragonfly", "ahshoot", "trisha", "infidel", and the others at Lodi this weekend. I had a blast!! O0
"God grants liberty only to those who love it and are always ready to guard and defend it."
Daniel Webster (1782 - 1852)

Trisha

sisu45 and Smooth, welcome to the forum! And thank you for coming out and joining us this weekend. I hope see more of the two of you at more Appleseeds.

Someone at this Appleseed asked what the blue Liberty Flag meant and I apologize that I don't remember who exactly, but here is a little bit of information about it: The Moultrie Flag was designed in 1775, and flew over Fort Moultrie (then Ft. Sullivan) in Charleston Harbour. This flag was shot away by the British in a battle in 1776. This was the flag of the South Carolina "Minute men."

Taylor

Congratulations new Riflemen and further congratulations on the fine turn out.  O0 O0 O0

Plenty of space still available on our line up north in Spooner 10/13-14 and plenty of bunk space at "Casa De Taylor & Dicey" so consider a roadtrip next weekend. You won't be dissapointed.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Smooth

Quote from: Taylor on October 08, 2012, 10:47:23 AM
Congratulations new Riflemen and further congratulations on the fine turn out.  O0 O0 O0

Plenty of space still available on our line up north in Spooner 10/13-14 and plenty of bunk space at "Casa De Taylor & Dicey" so consider a roadtrip next weekend. You won't be dissapointed.

It was me Trisha, Thanks for the follow up. One of the things I enjoyed the most about the weekend was the history lessons. I love that stuff! Thanks again for a GREAT weekend!
"God grants liberty only to those who love it and are always ready to guard and defend it."

vmt193

Quote from: Smooth on October 07, 2012, 11:21:36 PM
WOW...as I described my weekend in Lodi earlier: "The most humbling experience I have ever had with a gun in my hand" and I LOVED it. I am hooked and will be back. Thank you for a fantastic experience at my first shoot. I was most impressed with the professionalism and "caring" of the entire shoot staff. Great team that represented Project Appleseed well. I cannot wait until the next Appleseed that I can get to. That patch will be mine, my cooking sucks. Until next time, my most sincere THANK YOU to "dragonfly", "ahshoot", "trisha", "infidel", and the others at Lodi this weekend. I had a blast!! O0

That's a pretty accurate description of my first Appleseed! I may have to quote you on that one.  O0

vmt

Smooth

Quote from: vmt193 on October 08, 2012, 11:13:08 AM
Quote from: Smooth on October 07, 2012, 11:21:36 PM

That's a pretty accurate description of my first Appleseed! I may have to quote you on that one.  O0

vmt

Feel free to! May want to check out my story in the "Welcome to Wisconsin" area, about my 6 year old and the phone conversation I had with him! I had a GREAT weekend. Appleseed has hooked another in me. I am a believer.

Trisha

Quote from: Smooth on October 08, 2012, 10:52:11 AM

It was me Trisha, Thanks for the follow up. One of the things I enjoyed the most about the weekend was the history lessons. I love that stuff! Thanks again for a GREAT weekend!

I thought so, but wasn't totally sure. I am glad you enjoyed the stories too!

dragonfly

It was nice to spend some time as a shooter. 4 years ago I attended my first Appleseed at Winnequah in Lodi, and it still is one of my favorite places to shoot   :~ .

Thanks to All for spending your weekend with Appleseed  :)

D-fly   Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

MC2AF

The Lodi Appleseed was a fun shoot.  The first thing I noticed when I got there was the amount of people who showed up. 

It was a little on the cold side.  And as always, the volunteers do a great job.  Safety first and then a little marksmanship, history and fun mixed in.

Looking forward to the next Appleseed shoot.

Trisha

Here are some pictures from ahhshoot's phone...dragonfly has the rest I believe, so POST UP D-FLY!! ~~:)  ;D

Nolan scored a 225!

Antonio with a 226!

And I believe Mike scored it with a 218!

Tom aka sisu45 on the line, who also scored Rifleman but dragonfly has that picture...

Lastly, we have a shooter, Julia demonstrating prone for everyone Sunday morning with Infidel talking through the Steady Hold Factors

weareskint

Thanks to all the volunteers that made the weekend possible. I knew that I would be attempting to unlearn "how to shoot", but I vastly underestimated how many bad habits there were/are to undo, and how initially painful (literally), the cost of implementing the new habits would be. But, I came to learn, and tried my best to be as tabula rasa as possible. Like with anything worthwhile, you often get worse before you get better. I got the worse part figured out, and am champing at the bit to get down in the sand again, to chase the elusive, but eventually repeatable POA.

I want to do this with iron sights, and I grossly misjudged how small that 400 yard target would appear. But I shot several groups this weekend that let me know that the method is incredibly consistent, if I'm actually doing my part and being honest with my sight picture and POA.

I'm eager try again, and seriously considering taking the drive to Potosi to get another shoot in before the end of the season. Congratulations to Trish, for receiving her shoot boss hat, and to all who earned their patches. Thanks to Ahhshoot (and everyone else) for their passionate descriptions of April 19, 1775. Thanks to Dragonfly, for his willingness to share his time and name to assist me in applying to Winnequah so that I might be able to practice shooting prone at one of the most beautiful ranges I have ever seen. And thanks to everyone who came, for being prepared, safe, egoless, and willing to share their staple guns.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

-Thomas Jefferson

ahhshoot

What a fun way to spend a weekend!
Thanks to all the shooters for coming out and engaging in our founding father's favorite past time :--- :---
Congratulations to all of the Riflemen!
I saw a lot of improvement throughout the weekend, not only in marksmanship but in proficiency.
To all those "knocking on the door" to Rifleman, practice, practice, practice, dry fire, and bring some folks with you to your next Appleseed.

Big thanks to my fellow instructors. I appreciate the hard work. :bow:

Trisha welcome to the ranks of RWVA Shoot Boss. ^:)^
The past is only the future with the lights on.

dragonfly

sisu45 scores RIFLEMAN, CONGRATULATIONS  O0

K.I.S.S.

Trisha

I am still thinking about this wonderful AS and am looking forward to my next one.

Like us on our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed and follow us on twitter https://twitter.com/WIAppleSeed

dragonfly

Trisha promoted to Shoot Boss  :bow: :bow: :bow: O0 O0 O0
Well done Trisha  O0

D-fly  Keeping the Faith

K.I.S.S.

Trig

Congrats to the new rifleman, and those working to get there!  -:)

trisha congrats on you shiny new hat!  @&)
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

RangerTee

Thank you and great job to all the instructors this past weekend.  My kids are itching to get back to another Appleseed (as am I) and have plans to bring a few more friends to the next one.  I think the weather on Sunday was excellent.... so much so my 12 year old daughter improved her shot groups that she is now determined to get back on the range and work on that AQT score.  A big thanks to DragonFly for loaning my son his Marlin 22... He is now convinced he wants a Marlin instead of a Ruger for his 12th birthday (I think DrangonFly is about to save me some money ^-^).

Great meeting everyone and thanks again for a wonderful weekend!

Regards,
Todd
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."  - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto (Japanese Navy, 1942)

Infidel

Congrats to Trisha!, It was nice to have lots of shooters. I found a small craftsman screw driver ( Jacob?).