News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Welcome to Wisconsin--Wisconsin members check in here!

Started by Trisha, January 19, 2009, 07:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Five

Thanks for coming David!  Glad you guys had fun!

Welcome to the forum!
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

dragonfly

Welcome to the forum, glad to see you and your son had a great time. If you can't make it until later on Sunday, for what ever reason, please don't let that stop you. You are welcome to come late, and enjoy the afternoon with us at an Appleseed  :)
Thanks,
D-fly  Keeping the Faith

Quote from: thepalmhq on October 10, 2011, 10:45:59 AM
David here, checking in from Westby, WI.  My son Christopher shot his first Appleseed event at summer camp this year and shot Rifleman right out of the box, so call me a proud dad.  He did it with a scope, though, so now the challenge is on to do the same with iron sights.

We shot together this past weekend in La Crosse, so that was my first Appleseed event.  Outstanding instruction!  We were only able to attend the Saturday course (wishing that the Sunday event started a little later in the morning, to accommodate those who wish to go to church.)  But even just the Saturday course was great.

I was unhappy with my actual shooting.  My rifle threw an extractor early in the game and so I borrowed one and had loads of trouble with its sights.  (And I might have been part of the problem too, you never know..... ;))  But hey, the bottom line is that I learned and came home with a boatload of fresh information, inspiration and motivation to practice and do better next time.

I was greatly in need of a refresher course on basic marksmanship, since my own Army training is a couple of decades in the past and I haven't shot a lot since then.  My son hasn't shown much interest in shooting.....until now.  It's a great father/son activity.  We now have two LTRs with Techsights and set up our own range on which to practice.  Looking forward to the next event in 2012 and we'll definitely be bringing some friends.
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Vee Kay

David,
Was nice to meet you and your son at the shoot on Saturday. Sorry we did not know about your Sunday schedule , you could have come after church.  Looking forward to seeing you at another event!

Vee Kay
Honoring the memory of my ancestor Elisha Simpson, private in the North Carolina Militia and veteran of the American Revolutionary War.

CIVLAKFLT

David,

Welcome to the Forum. It was great to meet you and your son on Saturday. Thanks again for helping me with my gear afterward. Hope to see you all at future shoots!

Quote from: thepalmhq on October 10, 2011, 10:45:59 AM
David here, checking in from Westby, WI.  My son Christopher shot his first Appleseed event at summer camp this year and shot Rifleman right out of the box, so call me a proud dad.  He did it with a scope, though, so now the challenge is on to do the same with iron sights.

We shot together this past weekend in La Crosse, so that was my first Appleseed event.  Outstanding instruction!  We were only able to attend the Saturday course (wishing that the Sunday event started a little later in the morning, to accommodate those who wish to go to church.)  But even just the Saturday course was great.

I was unhappy with my actual shooting.  My rifle threw an extractor early in the game and so I borrowed one and had loads of trouble with its sights.  (And I might have been part of the problem too, you never know..... ;))  But hey, the bottom line is that I learned and came home with a boatload of fresh information, inspiration and motivation to practice and do better next time.

I was greatly in need of a refresher course on basic marksmanship, since my own Army training is a couple of decades in the past and I haven't shot a lot since then.  My son hasn't shown much interest in shooting.....until now.  It's a great father/son activity.  We now have two LTRs with Techsights and set up our own range on which to practice.  Looking forward to the next event in 2012 and we'll definitely be bringing some friends.

RangerTee

Attended my first Appleseed in Lodi with my 11 year old daughter and 9 year old son.  My expectations before attending were enormously surpassed by the level of safety and professionalism displayed by the instructors.  Instructors were excellent with the kids and effective with demonstrations and answering ANY questions.   I have been off the shooting range for over two-decades and this event has rekindled my interest in both shooting and revolutionary war history.  Excellent message about the origin of our great nation and sacrifices made by the founding fathers.  Driving away from the event the first words out of my children's' mouths were "how soon can we do this again?"  I will be spreading the word about the Appleseed Project and recruit my family and friends to attend future events.  GREAT JOB!
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."  - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto (Japanese Navy, 1942)

dragonfly

Quote from: RangerTee on October 11, 2011, 03:00:08 PM
Attended my first Appleseed in Lodi with my 11 year old daughter and 9 year old son.  My expectations before attending were enormously surpassed by the level of safety and professionalism displayed by the instructors.  Instructors were excellent with the kids and effective with demonstrations and answering ANY questions.   I have been off the shooting range for over two-decades and this event has rekindled my interest in both shooting and revolutionary war history.  Excellent message about the origin of our great nation and sacrifices made by the founding fathers.  Driving away from the event the first words out of my children's' mouths were "how soon can we do this again?"  I will be spreading the word about the Appleseed Project and recruit my family and friends to attend future events.  GREAT JOB!

Hi RangerTee, it was are pleasure meeting you, your son and daughter. Here is a link  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=25544.0 Please feel free to post. Hope to see you and your family soon.
Thanks,
D-fly   Keeping the Faith

K.I.S.S.

Trig

Glad to hear you guys had a great time!  There are still a couple one day events at Hubertus yet this year (one in November and one in December).  If we don't see ya there, I hope to see ya in 2012.  Don't forget to dryfire and practice those 6 steps!
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

dragonfly

Don't forget that all important  7th step  ;) Bring some friends  O0

D-fly   @)

Quote from: triggernick on October 13, 2011, 07:51:07 PM
Glad to hear you guys had a great time!  There are still a couple one day events at Hubertus yet this year (one in November and one in December).  If we don't see ya there, I hope to see ya in 2012.  Don't forget to dryfire and practice those 6 steps!

K.I.S.S.

BugginOut

Finally getting over to the intro thread.  I have attended three events for two days each.  All of them have been great.  I was a pretty good shot before my first Appleseed but Appleseed made me better!  The history was great also.  I can't wait for the 2012 season and hopefully a chance at some KD targets.

*edited to fix phone's stupid auto corrects...
Plan A = saving the country.
-Fred

Janir

I just realized I never came over to the intro thread.

Hi all! :)

My 9th Appleseed is this weekend @ Bristol. looking forward to a fun Halloween weekend again.
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

Trig

Welcome again Janir, I look forward to seeing you again this weekend, we could use all the help we can get!  O0
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

CIVLAKFLT

Welcome to Janir and BugginOut! I'm glad you all are enjoying the Appleseeds.

boscohurn

I don't think I ever made it to the Intro thread.  Hello, my name is Mike.  I enjoyed the Appleseeds so much I got me an Orange Hat.  Too late in the year sadly, things slowing down up this way.  I might try to get over to Hinckley and get a bit of IIT experience but not sure of plans yet.  I know....Minnesota...but what can ya do ?  They may not even want me....who knows.

Cooper

Quote from: boscohurn on October 28, 2011, 10:30:38 PM
I don't think I ever made it to the Intro thread.  Hello, my name is Mike.  I enjoyed the Appleseeds so much I got me an Orange Hat.  Too late in the year sadly, things slowing down up this way.  I might try to get over to Hinckley and get a bit of IIT experience but not sure of plans yet.  I know....Minnesota...but what can ya do ?  They may not even want me....who knows.

The Min-ne-SO-ta cadre is not as exclusive/selective with regard to state of origin, we judge folks by their commitment to the Appleseed Mission!  Myself, I'm a Minnisconsiowan, and work another half-dozen states as well...  Appleseed is committed to saving our Nation, not our states, and you will be warmly and eagerly greeted at any MN event!  Family medical issues may keep me away from Hinckley next month, but rest assured that you will be most warmly welcomed and appreciated if you come over to help your sister state!
Coop
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

zamboni_driver

Don't worry Mike, it looks like Taylor is already leading the invasion to Hinckley.

dragonfly

:D
D-fly

Quote from: zamboni_driver on October 28, 2011, 11:41:01 PM
Don't worry Mike, it looks like Taylor is already leading the invasion to Hinckley.

K.I.S.S.

zamboni_driver

Quote from: BugginOut on October 28, 2011, 09:15:12 AM
Finally getting over to the intro thread.  I have attended three events for two days each.  All of them have been great.  I was a pretty good shot before my first Appleseed but Appleseed made me better!  The history was great also.  I can't wait for the 2012Stanford season and hopefully a chance at some KD targets.

Good to see you made it in here Rob.  Hope to see you again next season.

Paul

Kosciusko

Quote from: boscohurn on October 28, 2011, 10:30:38 PM

In my official capacity as Minnesota SC, you are welcome.   In my non-official capacity, you are also welcome.   

We plan on taking another whack at Duluth next year, and we'd like to open up more shoots in the NE corner of MN.   

Kosciusko

boscohurn

I thank you for your welcoming words.  I don't really distrust Min-ne-SO-tans, I just have to pretend to in my job.  I also have to love them. Much like the barge operator in Josey Wales.  Singing The Battle Hymn of the Republic and Dixie with equal enthusiasm   ;)

I was going to take time from work to make Duluth this year and bring a few new recruits but something made the timing all wrong.   Depending on the weekend in 2012 I could probably make it to help out and try the recruits again.

Do I need to bring a "hot dish"?  ::)

Kosciusko

It's pronounced:

Meeeeeenaaaaaaaahsooooooootaaaaahhhh

re: "hot dish"     I can honestly say I've never eaten it.     I suppose it's one of those foods that can be passed hand-to-hand, as sort of a ritual offering, like fruitcake.      In the southeastern part of the state, we've  perfected the art of the free hotdog to  welcome our guests.

PS

We promise  not to make you eat lutefisk.  I't s not really  food anyway,  more sort of  a mild perversion engaged in by consenting adults.   
2 words that don't go together:  fish jello       $$-0

Bring a rifle and ammo,   make that lots of ammo.        :~     :---   

BugginOut

Quote from: Kosciusko on October 29, 2011, 08:59:19 PM
PS

We promise  not to make you eat lutefisk.  I't s not really  food anyway,  more sort of  a mild perversion engaged in by consenting adults.   
2 words that don't go together:  fish jello       $$-0

Bring a rifle and ammo,   make that lots of ammo.        :~     :---

Lutefisk has special exepemtions in Wisconsin law to exclude it as toxic waste!  That is how you know a food is bad! Wis. Statutes 101.58(2)(j)2
Plan A = saving the country.
-Fred

boscohurn

Fish....Jello   How does that even happen?  I have a whole new appreciation for the hardships you face.

If BugginOut is right, perhaps overreaching government is a good thing after all.

Luckily, my ancestors resorted to Pringles and Yoohoo when things got tough.  Fish jello.... :'(

Cooper

BugginOut has it just about right, and the actual exemption is 101.58(2)(j)2.f.   :DH:
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Kosciusko

Hmmmm.....tenderized dead horse or lutefisk,..... tough call.

zamboni_driver

Quote from: Cooper on October 30, 2011, 10:13:51 AM
BugginOut has it just about right, and the actual exemption is 101.58(2)(j)2.f.   :DH:
And I thought you people were making numbers up
https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/101/I/58/2/j

boscohurn

That's one of the coolest things about real life.  For the most part, there's little need to make stuff up.   ;D

dragonfly

As the WI SC I'm obligated to inform all that, no horses have been harmed during this thread  :)  Some shoots coming up in November Waterman IL  05-06 :  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=17431.0 Hubertus WI Nov 20  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=19566.0 and Hinckley MN  26-27  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=19999.0

Now back to my ham hocks, and pickled herring  %) .

D-fly   @)

K.I.S.S.

Mr.Natural

Greetings All,   Lutefisk came over with the Vikings from the Old Country and not Minnesota like so many people may think.   Now over in Mr.  Natural's territory Pembican is still in fashion in more of the primative encampments.  "We like the way the fat drips from our chins".   Y.M.H.O.S.   Natch

jonhohlf

New member from the La Crosse area. Looking forward to possibly attending the even in Chaseburg.

Jon

LadyVetch

Quote from: jonhohlf on March 18, 2012, 06:12:12 PM
New member from the La Crosse area. Looking forward to possibly attending the even in Chaseburg.

Jon

WELCOME!  Let us know if you have any questions or if we can help in anyway.

LadyVetch
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our Country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."  - Samuel Adams