News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Conneaut, OH - Monroe Sportsmen's Club - June 2/3, 2018

Started by Invictus Maneo, June 06, 2018, 02:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invictus Maneo

Please forgive the delay but I dropped the ball on the scores and wanted to get it right. Thanks to all for getting back to me.

First off, a great big THANKS to Roger and The Monroe Sportsmen's Club for hosting. Without these clubs, Appleseed would be nowhere.
Also I would like thank Desire' for volunteering to help with targets and scoring, made for a much smoother weekend. The Instructors were top flight and I appreciate :bow: :bow: :bow: Joe, Ron and Roger for setting up the most Patriotic target backers and the rest of the line Friday night.

Also thanks to Dan for sharing his experiences with us. Makes what we do at Appleseed that much more relevant. Thank you for your service.

A tremendous weekend with great Patriots. Very teachable attitudes and perseverance. Despite the heat, humidity, mud and rain, many of the shooters had some amazing accomplishments.

So many accomplishments in such a short time was truly impressive.

Cleared ONE Redcoat:
Mark and Steve :---

Cleared TWO Redcoats:
Mike and Georgia :--- :---

Cleared FOUR Redcoats
Calvin  :--- :--- :--- :---

New Riflemen Patches were earned by:
Georgia  :snipersmi
Mike  :snipersmi
Eric  :snipersmi

Requalified once:
Steve  :snipersmi
Requalified twice:
Mike (in addition to shooting for his first patch!)  :snipersmi :snipersmi
Requalified thrice:
Calvin  :snipersmi :snipersmi :snipersmi

Distinguished Shooter (240 or better with a scope)
Calvin no less than twice!!!!  :snipersmi :snipersmi :snipersmi :snipersmi :snipersmi :snipersmi :snipersmi :snipersmi :snipersmi :snipersmi

My personal highlight of the weekend was Joe earning his patch after much blood, sweat and tears. He finally was able to take up an Orange hat which he has worked for for quite some time. I can understand his excitement as it took me seven Appleseeds to earn my patch. Congratulations Joe!  O0

I appreciate the great attitudes and sense of humor that everyone had which made the weekend that much more enjoyable. Helping to load and unload vehicles and set up and tear down made less work for all. The younger shooters also deserve a special mention as they hung in there all weekend and were great students which seems to be rare these days. I hope that we can get another shoot here next year as I had a great time and I hope all of you did as well.

Peace,
Lee
"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mahatma Gandhi

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."
- Mahatma Gandhi

�Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.�
- Ronald Reagan

�Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber.�
- Plato

"My Son, Freedom is best, I tell thee true, of all things to be won."
- William Wallace

Birdman

Thanks Lee, nice write up.Thanks for making the trip over to Conneaut (home of Conneaut D-Day Re-Enactment O0). Thanks Ron, Joe, Desire' (got roped into this one didn't you!) Thanks to all the shooters that helped with lugging all the stuff back and forth, much appreciated!
As for the shooting, wow, I have not witnessed such results in my many years. Lee was running out of bling.
Calvin earned the first Distinguished badge that I have seen earned.(We don't "give" them out-they are earned!)
Georgia and Mike...first event ever....several Rifleman scores to each, awesome!
Gary and Dan, thanks so much for coming, it meant a lot to me to have you both there.
Our three juniors did an excellent job, and were very safe throughout the whole event.
Sorry I did not venture to the left side of the line much during the weekend. lookin' good over there.
I hope all had a good time, and learned way more than you thought you would. Please come again...and bring a friend.

I am range officer at the Monroe Sportsman's Club, and this has been several years in the making. Our 100 yd berm was inadequate to host an Appleseed event, but we fixed that last year, so we hope to have one at least annually. I attended a club meeting with our results. Everybody was pleased and the clubhouse and grounds were left better than when we arrived. Thanks for everyone's help.
Pictures in the next post!

Birdman

Pictures!

Birdman

More pictures....

Birdman

And more pictures...

Birdman

Okay, last ones...

Birdman

Let me know if I mixed up names. I blame Lee....that Mike/Mark thing you know. Then add in a Steve, two Erics, and a real Mark, Bob, Mat,....

Texas T

Well done, Joe!!!    :snipersmi    :snipersmi

Lots of work, but you came through. Congrats.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Crazyduckhunter

A great and safe shoot. Many thanks to the Monroe club for hosting the first Apple Seed there. I eagerly anticipate many more here. For me the high light(my paycheck) of the weekend was helping a beginner youth shooter with a brand new rifle/scope and first time shooting to go from not even hitting the target backer to a 300 yard shooter as shown on his redcoat. AWESOME!!!

And, another great Apple Seed moment for me was seeing Joe break the 210 barrier and take an orange hat. A long road with many obstacles over come.

Also the great words of wisdom from Calvin: If you want to score better on your target then you need to shoot closer to the center of the target! (or something like that).

Corvette

Looks like a great first event and some great shooting.

My thanks to Invictus for coming over to SB and to all that helped with the event. 

Huzzah.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

cr0sswind

It was great seeing so many first time Appleseeders make such amazing progress throughout the weekend! The juniors are well on their way toward becoming excellent marksmen & I hope they attend again soon!

Congrats to Joe for punching out a Rifleman score & earning that coveted orange hat! You've overcome so much to accomplish that & you'll make an outstanding instructor!

Thank you, Lee, Joe, Ron and Roger for you watchful eyes and instruction and for making this all happen, and a big THANK YOU to Desire' for stepping right up to pitch in! I hope to get her shooting in one of these very soon!

-Calvin
Rifleman Vienna, OH, April 18, 2009
Re-qualified Slippery Rock, PA, August 8, 2010
Re-qualified Salem, OH, June 28, 2014
Long Range Rifleman New Philly, OH, June 10, 2017
Re-qualified Long Range Rifleman New Philly, OH Nov 11, 2017
Distinguished Rifleman Conneaut, OH, June 3, 2018