News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Plannin - Orwell Gun Club - June 9-10

Started by Crazyduckhunter, June 01, 2018, 11:36:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazyduckhunter

Hello to everyone that will be traveling to the 2nd Appleseed weekend for the year at Orwell Gun Club.

SOLD OUT SHOOT  ^:)^
(As a side note: I believe this is the 4th sold out shoot at Orwell in a row!)

Once again TexasT is crossing the border from PA to perform shoot boss duties and share his excellent leadership abilities with Ohio. Thank you TexasT!

I will have the club gates opened by 3:30 on Friday afternoon. Setup will commence at 5:30. If you are available to assist with setup on Friday it would be much appreciated.

TexasT will be making breakfast sandwiches for those of us that will be camping at the range.

Lunch will be provided by Orwell Gun Club members(Yes this is new for us). They are cooking hamburgers and hotdogs and side dishes. There will be no set cost but on donation basis. So please lets support the club for doing this for us. They will be cooking on saturday and they are going to make enough so that we will have leftovers enough for Sunday lunch.

Saturday dinner:
I will be making a large crock pot of spaghetti/meatballs and noodles.
If anyone can add anything to this like a salad or anything else that would be great!

See everyone next week.

Crazyduckhunter

Texas T

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Charley

We'll grab dessert and an Italian bread.

Crazyduckhunter

Sounds wonderful. I will see everyone there tomorrow evening. The club president called me last night to report that the grass on the rifle range has been mowed and cleaned up by a club member for us. I was planning on doing that this evening so thank full for that!

Birdman

Sorry to miss this one, as you guys really helped make Conneaut shoot a great success....but it looks like you will have "beau-coup" instructors.
I really wanted to be there as I was really hounding Nicolette  to get to an Appleseed event, and Orwell is the one she picked. Please tell her I said hello and wish her well, and her Dad....Grandfather too.
Family reunion and grandson's birthday party is where I need to be.
Best wishes to all.
Birdman

Crazyduckhunter

Too bad you can't make it Birdman. Your going to have to make the September one then! Definetely will tell them you said hello and sorry that could not make it this weekend.

LawOH

Had a great time and I am glad to have finally made Rifleman/Expert [this was my 4th Appleseed and my expectation of making Rifleman formed Friday after my 4 hours of preparation sighting in and practicing on Red coats and AQTs at the range as a prelude to the Appleseed].

After the previous week's Appleseed at Conneaut I placed orders on the website for a bunch of targets and went to the range Friday to digest everything and bring it all together and to make sure my equipment was completely squared away and where I wanted it to be.

Thank you to all of the coaches of the various hat colors.

I did not expect to be invited to become an orange hat, but I have graciously accepted the generous invitation and thank you for accepting me.

I will be at Madison in July.

Crazyduckhunter

Welcome to the team OHJD32!!! Thanks for stepping up!!!!

See ya at Madison next month. Be on the lookout for the planning thread for that event. Will certainly need some assistance with set up and tear down there.

Crazyduckhunter