News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Roswell, NM, AAR May 5/6, 2018

Started by oladcock, May 15, 2018, 11:34:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oladcock

What a great weekend! 8 fine Americans celebrated the founding of this nation by learning the skills that continues our heritage of being a nation of Rifleman. Comfortable to a little hot weather greeted us both days. Ben 10 years old made great progress insisting on shooting military irons, he's knocking on the door and I have no doubt his persistence will pay off in the future.  Josh brought a friend from Lubbock and Josh, an inactive IIT.... Turned in a HUGE 244 score, at which time he was directed to show up Sunday wearing his orange hat and it was as if he'd never missed a beat. Thanks Josh for the help! Tony was knocking the door all weekend finally turning in a very nice 220 to earn his patch. Then we have Justin... Being a former Marine and taking some ribbing from a fat ugly sailor... Turned in a 238 on his first ever AQT! He continued to turn in expert scores and being a history buff, contributed to the history on Sunday. You know what is coming his way after he attends his second Appleseed! A great weekend, victories big and small for everyone and I especially want to thank my IIT's!  Carry on.....
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

oladcock

Photos... :)
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

TaosGlock

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Mrs. Smith

Great stuff, OL! Glad to see your first Roswell event after a long dry spell was a success  ^:)^

T
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)
Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)

sleepy

Sounds like it was a blast! I hope to make it next year.