News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Pensacola, Florida 7-8 April 2018

Started by Engineer shooting, April 10, 2018, 06:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

Saturday morning and the rain fell so hard I had to shout to be heard. Sunday was cold.

I was somewhat confused over half the shooters were from Hawaii?  Pete who received his Rifleman patch two weeks prior came to Pensacola with wife and four kids in tow, for their second shoot. Deanna, Pete's wife scored and the four kids were awesome with Tia just missing by a few points. Pete set up a range in Hawaii and we'll make sure Tia and some of the other kids also score! Pete and Deanna also accepted Orange Hats!

First timers Archie and Aaron also scored.

Kimberly made great progress but couldn't return for Sunday and also grew up in Hawaii!

Lori, Kim, Chuck and Duane instructing explains the extraordinary results. My cousin Tim as always had the range ready, the best Applecore in the program.

If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

B.C.

"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

Cable___Guy

:F
Well Done indeed
We would not be the 50 united states without Hawaii.
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

Guntuckian

Huzzah!  A Great Family, and former attendees at Palm Bay!  Happy to hear this news!

â€" Gary
--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

papboyer

I must say it was a blast. It was my first time at an Appleseed and I didnt know what to expect. The instructors were fantastic, the stories good, and the event was awesome. I have been a long time shooter but this was my first time with real instruction. I learned a bunch, made new friends and now have plans to attend another. The only thing that could be improved for the next one is less rain lol. A big thanks to all the instructors that helped me improve my shooting.
Archie Boyer (papboyer)

Chaos07

Despite the weathers intentions of making the weekend miserable, it appeared that all had a great time.  Awesome improvement by all shooters, and it was a pleasure to work with you all!

Thanks to Chuck for bringing out the Brown Bess too!

Duane

In a Democracy, the majority rules.  If the majority decided they wanted your bike, the could take it.

In a Republic, your bike is your property and you do not owe it to anyone.  It cannot be taken against your will by law.

America is a Constitutional Republic.

Therefore, the Constitution is the law by which we are protected.

In a Republic, the individual is protected FROM the majority, by Constitutional Law.

A Constitutional Republic is what we were given.  It is up to US to KEEP it.

gunjunkie

With a gloomy start this event started off slow wet and muddy. The line was moved so the shooters were out of the mud and the event quickly took shape. The pace was swift on day one but the shooters soaked it all in and made remarkable progress. Day two brought much improved weather and all on the line were ready to get rolling. A quick zero and review of day one and we were off and running.

Congratulations Aaron and Archie on earning your patch and Pete and Deanna on your new orange hats.

I enjoy every Appleseed but this one I will remember for some time, what a great group of folks.

Thanks Ken and Lori for all you do to make every event a great one and Duane, Kim and Tim you are the best. I look forward to seeing you all soon on the Appleseed trail.

Be aware of yourself and everything around you.

Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom! Thomas Jefferson

We shall pass this way on earth but once, if there is a kindness we can show, or act we can do, let us do it now,for we will never pass this way again.
Stephen Grellet