News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

OK now Ohio - It's on! A friendly competition with Florida! (and now all of AS)

Started by B.C., March 27, 2018, 07:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.C.

Tuesday March 27th
Greetings Ohio,

It's come to my attention that Florida has been suddenly entered into a non-official friendly competition with Ohio in regards to the number of students we will have signed up for our April 21st - 22nd events. So…. let's make it an official friendly competition, shall we? Why not, right? We have six Florida venues hosting shoots that weekend and as of 3.27 there are already 73 student registrations. Ohio is hosting five venues with 83 current student registrations. Ohio is certainly ahead - for now. So, Florida; lets show them what we can do! I would like to see the registrations soar to over 100 in both States and of course, Florida with a higher number on top! Who will back their state and get the word out?

Now - the really cool part of this competition: Let's put some skin in the game just for fun and because we can. The state coordinator of the state with the less number of pre-regs must go to their local range wearing a tri-cornered hat and be videotaped loudly proclaiming "Florida Appleseed is the best" or "Ohio Appleseed is the best" then get a bucket of water poured on them. Sound good to you? I'm game! The video then must be uploaded to YouTube for all to see. Do we have a deal? We will tally the pre-regs up Friday April 20th and the looser must pay up!

Don't let me down! IT'S ON!!

BC
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

Corvette

Ohio Appleseed,

The gauntlet has been thrown and honor demands that we accept. Ok Ohio, I am counting on all of you to help us win this challenge.  I have no intention of posting evidence of defeat on utube. We will win or loose based on your efforts. It is time to step up and make things happen. Ohio's pride depends on what you do between now and April 20th. I know I can count on you.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

B.C.

Attached below is today's (3.28) update. Ohio has a good lead over Florida. For now  ;)
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

Corvette

Ohio AS,

We need to really push right now to get as far out in front as possible.  Florida has a very big capacity advantage over us.  So it is critical that we fill every spot.  And, Orwell, what about shooting in flights so we can add more spots to the current 12.  If we upped it to 20 and you shot in groups of 10, we could pick up 8 more slots.  What do you think?

I do not want to loose to our good friends in Florida.  Ohio has the best AS team in the country and here is our chance to shine. 

Go Bucks!!!!!   Take no prisoners!!!!!

Corvette

Current Score:  Ohio - 86          Fla - 74
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Corvette

OK Ohio,

We need to help Charlie with her Ladyseed on Patriots Weekend.  She is doing good so far but there are 20 slots yet to fill.  I will be contacting the folks at TWAW and will be making a presentation to the Columbus chapter on April 9th.  I will also contact folks in Mt Vernon and the other chapters in Ohio.  Let's get the ladies on the line in Liberty Center. 

Florida is hot on our heals.  We are only 12 shooters ahead of them.  But there is good news.

Right now, Ohio LEADS THE NATION IN PATRIOTS WEEKEND PRE REGS.   Huzzah !!!!     :F  ^:)^  Let's keep working and show all of Appleseed that Ohio rocks.

Corvette

Corvette

Our little Ohio/Fla competition has gone national.  Four other states have stepped up to join the contest.  Based on pre-regs as of today in order they are:

OH   86
FL    71
NY   55
MI   55
TX   47
NC   43

Take no prisoners, it costs too much to feed them.  Corvette

Crazyduckhunter

It is a great weekend regardless for Appleseed!!!!!!
So proud to be a part of this.
Come on Ohio!!!!!
But better yet come on Appleseed!!!!!!

I will defer to Texas T (he is the shoot boss for this event and is familiar with the range) as to upping the number at Orwell.

Corvette

Ohio, time for a sprint forward.  Fla is within 11 shooters.  Today's totals OH 86  Fla 75.  We need to re-widen the gap.  Come on, fill those empty slots. 

Corvette

DrRichP

Okay, I'm going to step into the fray again.

First an update, then an appeal:

4/9 UPDATE:
FL: 96
OH: 96

Almost to 100 folks, well done indeed!! Clearwater, Palm Bay and St Augustine are all sold out events.

Now the appeal

We all know Corvette's current situation with his mom. The last thing I want for him is to have to deal with his mom's situation and then have to embarrass himself on YouTube taking a bath in his clothes and paying homage to Florida as better than Ohio.

For his sake, and your states pride, please pull out all the stops and win this thing. I know Ohio can do it.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

DrRichP

I'm sounding the Alarm bells!! Don't let Corvette down, and don't let Ohio down! There's still a week left to beat them.

4.11 UPDATE

FL: 100
OH: 98
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

DrRichP

DrRichP

Corvette

Congratulations Ohio on making our goal of 100 shooters.  GREAT JOB all.  Now, who else can we find to catch Fla?  Its going to be a cold weekend and I am going to have to wear a bucket of water if we finish second.  Keep up the great work.

Corvette

DrRichP

4.17 UPDATE:

FL: 111
OH: 106

Florida seems beyond Ohio's 109 capacity, so squeeze them in or run them in relays. Ohio can still beat FL in the final hours and snatch victory from the jaws of defeat!

DrRichP

Crazyduckhunter

Either way! It's a great week for Apple Seed!
So looking forward to it!

Corvette

CONGRATULATIONS OHIO AS

While we didn't quite make the top spot, I am sooooo proud of all of you for stepping up and making Ohio the almost top state in the program for our Patriots Weekend shoots.  We came up a few shooters short vs Fla but we can live with the fact that this is the biggest Patriots Weekend shoot in Ohio AS history and it is all due to all of you stepping up to find shooters, work the shoots and further the mission. 

Fla      120
Ohio    111

:(

I am humbled by the job that you all have done.  It looks like the weather will cooperate and I hope all of you will have a great shoot this weekend.

I know that the national AOC is also proud of your efforts.  Again, THANK YOU, as far as I am concerned, you guys and gals are THE BEST!!!!

Corvette

Texas T

I think the fact that many shoots were beyond capacity, and adapted and overcame, also speaks volumes for the team.

Thanks to everyone who either stepped up as a blue hat, an orange hat, a red hat, or any other hat. Thanks to all of those who joined us as attendees, and I hope that we were able to meet your needs. Please come back an join us again.

At Orwell alone, we had six riflemen and handed out one distinguished patch, so there is room and opportunity for many more.

Thanks again to all.

Tom
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Crazyduckhunter

What a awesome weekend for Appleseed. This was the first time that I was part of a memorial volley at 16:00 on Saturday for Patriots Day Weekend. Very sobering. Also seeing our guests faces change was very moving for me.

Mutant Texan

I am both happy and sad to see the FL vs Ohio competition.  Ohio got lots of people to show up but lost to Florida by sheer numbers.  Numbers are not everything.  I have a sneaking suspicion that Ohio women can shoot better than those FL women.  Do we know how many people shot a 210 or higher for both states? 

I was in Tennessee during patriots weekend for work.  I really wanted to get my wife Charlene out to a Ladyseed event with Charlie.  That would have required me to be home to watch our daughters.  Charlene will be packing up the house in Port Clinton soon and moving down to Texas with my daughters to reunite with me.  Perhaps we can visit in the future.
"Their drills are bloodless battles, and their battles bloody drills."

Flavius Josephus, Jewish Historian, AD 37--101, on the Roman military

Cable___Guy

No sir, Florida has the better Riflewomen.
I will bet a steak Dinner, On Florida's Rambo Granny and Lucky Lori, taking any and all action now.  :F
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

Engineer shooting

Quote from: Cable___Guy on May 07, 2018, 08:44:41 AM
No sir Florida has the better Riflewomen.
I will bet a steak Dinner, On Florida's Rambo Granny and Lucky Lori, taking any and all action now.  :F

Rambo Granny, JustKim and Lucky Lori all have Distinguished patches   :snipersmi
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther