News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Planning Thread -- Sandusky, Ohio April 21&22, 2018

Started by Corvette, February 23, 2018, 02:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Hello Ohio Appleseed.

We have a double sell out at Sandusky for our Patriots Day shoot at a new Ohio range in Sandusky, Ohio. 

We will have 40 shooters on the line shooting in relays.  So I will need extra instructors to manage this shoot.  There are three of us so far but I will need at least five-six folks to handle this event the way I would like.  If you have this weekend available and have not signed up for another Patriots Weekend shoot, please sign up to instruct at this event. 

This is our first shoot at Erie County Conservation League and I want to have a great event.  They could easily be a great asset to Ohio AS and I want them to be impressed by the skill of our Instructor corps.  Come join me at ECCL. 

Corvettle
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

LawOH

Slightly off-topic, I am in Ohio, I want to attend 2-3 Appleseeds this summer, not specifically Sandusky, probably Conneaut, Madison, and Orwell, most of the forum is locked for posting and I haven't been able to find anywhere more on topic to post this question.

"Re-enactors in period dress" for $20 registration. Does this include any re-enacting? Cold War 1970s-1980s East German Army/NVA? As long as I wear my DDR re-enacting? Also do I need to bring a helmet or will any period specific uniform appropriate head cover [i.e. overseas cap or garrison cap] do?

Corvette

OHJD32

First, thanks for joining the forum. And thanks for supporting our NE OH shoots. You will be working with some great instructors at any of the three locations.  As the events get closer, there will be planning threads here in the Ohio state thread that you can contribute to and you can always private message me using Corvette.

I hope to see you on the line this year and meet you in person.

As to your re-enactors question, this is intended for Revolutionary War re-enactors only. Our heritage is focused on April 19, 1775 and we want any re-enactors to support our program. So no reason to breakout the gear from other periods. If you have Rev War gear, go for it and let your shoot boss know in the planning thread. He/she may want to incorporate you into our heritage presentations at some point during the weekend.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Crazyduckhunter

Started planning thread for the Orwell, OH April 21-22 event.

Corvette

Instructors for Sandusky,

Attached is the Course of Fire that I plan to use this weekend.  My approach is to run it as two separate 20 person Appleseed that happen to be sharing the same range for the firing portion.  I will be creating a "Teaching Area" behind the firing line with tarp walls to help keep out the sound of the firing from the other group to make this work. 

I have attached a word doc with my plans, please review this and give me your feedback.

Corvette

Birdman

Orwell looks well set for Instructors.....so....I will be at Sandusky. You all will have to put up with me...

SteelThunder

Good stuff -- see my comments/inputs sent via PM vs posting on public board.

Quote from: Corvette on April 15, 2018, 07:29:56 PM
Instructors for Sandusky,

Attached is the Course of Fire that I plan to use this weekend.  My approach is to run it as two separate 20 person Appleseed that happen to be sharing the same range for the firing portion.  I will be creating a "Teaching Area" behind the firing line with tarp walls to help keep out the sound of the firing from the other group to make this work. 

I have attached a word doc with my plans, please review this and give me your feedback.

Corvette
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Birdman

Is camping available for us? Friday evening? When is set-up? Need me to bring anything? Cardboard? Food?

Corvette

Birdman,

Camping is available but there are some details.  If you plan on camping, the gate will get locked at the end of Fri setup and after Sat's shooting and while you can get out in an emergency after hours, you won't be able to get back in.  I will not be camping so you may be the only one there. Alternatively, if you want to get a hotel room Sat night and expense it to RWVA, there are folks from MI coming and you should coordinate with them.  This way, you can join us for dinner on Sat and get a shower. 

PM ITB and SteelThunder to see where they are staying. 

Corvette

Cadence

Quote from: Birdman on April 15, 2018, 09:31:43 PM
Orwell looks well set for Instructors.....so....I will be at Sandusky. You all will have to put up with me...

Thanks for switching shoots and coming to help - Much appreciated.

We will be glad to put up with you....at least to a point >:D
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Corvette

Thanks to everybody for your feedback on the Course of fire for the weekend. 

I have made some changes which include:

1. Eliminating a real AQT on Saturday
2. Moved the Commemorative volley to 4PM which is the correct time for EDT time zone.
3. Created several more joint sessions on both days.
4. Added the Firelands heritage to Sunday to cover two non-shooting slots
5. Scheduled 4 AQTs for sunday

We will need as many pop up sun shades as we can get.  We need two for the training area (I will be bringing 1) and if anybody has large tarps please bring them.  Mine will go to screening the "Training Room" pop ups as a sound barrier. 

See you all either Friday night or Saturday morning at 7:30 for the Instructor meeting.  Going to be a great shoot.

Corvette

Cadence

What time are you planning to arrive at the site Friday to start setting up? I could probably meet you there to help and then spend the night with my Mom and Brother.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Corvette

I plan to be there about 5pm. The club folks are planning to meet me at the same time.

Corvette