News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Planning Thread - Orwell, OH April 21-22

Started by Crazyduckhunter, February 27, 2018, 08:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazyduckhunter

Starting planning thread for the Orwell, OH April 21-22 Appleseed event Patriots weekend.

Please add any comments that are pertinent to this event here.

Reminder to sign up in TIPS if you are able to work this event.(I know Corvette is trying to make sure that all events for this important Patriots weekend are adequately covered) Thank you.

TexasT is the shoot boss for this event and he always makes a great breakfast :) for those that will be camping out with us.
I will be making something for Saturday nights dinner.
The gate to the club will be opened between 3-4 pm on Friday afternoon.
I will be bringing two 5 gallon jugs of ice water.
Target boards/target line, firing line, equipment line and the 10X20 canopy will be setup on Friday evening. (always looking for assistance in these activities if anyone is available to lend a hand)

cwcdl79

I'll try and get up there Friday eve. to help setting up. let me know if you need anything. I will be commuting from home.
Also, let me know what POI you want me to do. I think I heard Ron say he wanted to do some strikes  ;D

Crazyduckhunter

Only a little over a week left. We have more spots to fill hopefully. This Sunday the 15th is the Orwell Gun Club regular meeting at 11:00 and I will be making another appeal to everyone there to hopefully get more to participate. I have purchased additional supplies to build the additional target holders and I plan on recruiting help after the meeting to build them. I also want to replace the cardboard on the ones from last year.

cwcdl79

Pushing down here in my neck of the woods. Let me know what time next Friday to help you set up.
Are we running in flights?
POI?

Crazyduckhunter

Right now were at 13. We can squeeze that in I am sure..
I will stop on way home from work around 3 to open gate and drop off water/ice. Expect to be back by 4:30ish to set up.
Maybe get a pizza Friday?

For sat dinner I will be making stuffed hot/sweet peppers. I also will have Italian bread.
If someone could bring noodles? And maybe a salad would be good?

For breakfast I will get some good local bacon!

cwcdl79

I'll be there around 430 on Friday. Can't stay though. I'll be commuting both days, have to take care of the dogs.

Crazyduckhunter

* Texas T - Has breakfast sandwiches for both days.
* I will be adding in local bacon for breakfast.
* Joe is bringing sandwich makings for lunch.
* I have made hot/sweet peppers stuffed with sausage for Sat dinner.
* Myself(and the dogs), TexasT & Joe are camping at the range both Fri & Sat night.

Setup will begin Fri evening after 4:30ish.

The range is going to be muddy. It has been raining/snowing this week. If you have a spare tarp please bring it. The 10X20 canopy will be put up and also I have one EZE-UP to put up also.

cwcdl79

I'll see if I have a tarp handy for putting down. Will be up about 4:30 Friday to help with setup (will need to leave around 5:30 though).
Looking forward to it!

Texas T

I'll be there about 6 or so. I just checked our registrations and we are now up to 16. Provided we don't have any no-shows, looks like we may need to run flights. Something new for me. See you all this weekend.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017