News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Arkansas Red Hat Relocating to Ft. Stewart

Started by KPUC, February 02, 2018, 12:48:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KPUC

My wife just landed a job at Fort Stewart and we will be relocating from Little Rock in the late spring/early summer. 

I have been pretty active with the Arkansas cadre.

What are the nearest ranges/where are the nearest shoots to Hinesville?

I am also bringing along a blue hat, my daughter, (9) Pumpkinseed.  She knows line commands, safe rifle and 6 steps.

Thanks, Chris
216 at Bald Knob, AR on 1/17/16
A rifleman persists; it took me six Appleseeds, a number of equipment changes and a trip to the eye doctor to qualify.  Pumpkinseed is my only daughter.

DrRichP

Hi Chris,

The closest venues we have to Fort Stewart are Dublin and St Augustine.  While Dublin is not on the schedule yet for this year, we did run 2 events last year at Middle Georgia Gun Owners Association's Twin Oaks Range.

I'm glad your heading to Fort Stewart. We could use your help with setting up the program closer to that area.

DrRichP
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

B.C.

Greetings,

You would be most welcome anytime in St Augustine. I see it's just under 3 hours south.

Regards,

BC
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

KPUC

Thanks B.C.

I have worked a few shoots with with 9mm45 and Rambo Granny when they were visiting Hot Springs.

My wife and I are still working out details of our move. 

We have an instructor's get-together and shoot a KD at the end of this month and a regularly scheduled AS at Hot Springs in April.

See you soon enough. 

Chris
216 at Bald Knob, AR on 1/17/16
A rifleman persists; it took me six Appleseeds, a number of equipment changes and a trip to the eye doctor to qualify.  Pumpkinseed is my only daughter.

Guardian

MGGOA in Dublin, GA will likely only have one event this year. It is tentatively scheduled for September. I intend to SB that event, assuming it happens.

Brianf31 would likely welcome help at Marion Road Gun Club in Macon, GA too!