Author Topic: "Advanced" Rifleman patches  (Read 1981 times)

Offline maxwell

• Shoot Boss
Re: "Advanced" Rifleman patches
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2018, 06:33:57 PM »
I thought the patch after Rifleman was the Instructor Rocker, followed up by the Shoot Boss rocker?
Why has this changed?
2cl

Wait, we get rockers for those?!? I knew I was off my rocker around here! (also, is it a rocker if it's rectangular? My "long range" rocker is curved, presumably to go with the oval patch).

Offline Laredo

• Illinois State Coordinator
  • designated Shoot Boss
  • Illinois State Coordinator
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2018, 06:38:50 PM »
Love em....!!  Nice work!
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being — food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That’s to adventure on life itself, one’s vacation from humble toil having commenced.” -Townsend Whelen

Offline RaggedHole

• Instructor In Training 3
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2018, 06:40:28 PM »
I thought the patch after Rifleman was the Instructor Rocker, followed up by the Shoot Boss rocker?
Why has this changed?
2cl

To get more people back out to the line and present new challenges. I know a lot of shooters love coming out but aren’t interested in instructing. I think it is great!
First Appleseed: Lewiston, ID 7/16
Rifleman Patch: Lewiston, ID 7/16' [218]
KD Qualified: Ramseur, NC 10/16 [40/50]
Orange Hat: Ramseur, NC 10/16
Personal Best: Port Townsend, WA 2/17 [241]

Appleseed Attended In [4/50] States: ID, WA, NC, TX, & KS

Offline Birdman

• RWVA Instructor
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2018, 10:04:47 PM »
I like the patches. It will probably result in more shooters on the line.

Offline DrRichP

• National Coordinator & AOC member
  • Senior Instructor-RBC/IBC
  • Southwest Regional Coordinator
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2018, 11:16:10 PM »
I like the patches. It will probably result in more shooters on the line.

That's the hope.

New goals and new accomplishments for 2018.
DrRichP

'The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.' Socrates

'Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.'-Benjamin Franklin

Offline BeSwift

• AOC Vice Chairman
  • Senior Instructor
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2018, 08:10:25 PM »
I'd recommend requal.. if for volunteers/RH/SB's then I'd say SB discretion.. Not official policy, just my opinion...

YES!!!!!!!

Are these backdateable, or are all of us going to have to flop down on a mat and requalify?
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Offline BeSwift

• AOC Vice Chairman
  • Senior Instructor
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2018, 08:11:41 PM »
This has not changed, but it'll give us several more shots (pun intended) at prior attendees who might now decide to step up...

Why has this changed?
2cl
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Offline Monkey

• designated Shoot Boss
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2018, 04:22:55 PM »
This has not changed, but it'll give us several more shots (pun intended) at prior attendees who might now decide to step up...

Why has this changed?
2cl

The new tabs (I don't call them rockers because they aren't shaped like rockers) will bring repeat students to the line and provide more OPPORTUNITY for exposure to INSPIRING instructors.

As instructors - really as storytellers - we have to do our part to convert that inspiration to action.
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible.”
― Hyman G. Rickover

My avatar:  View from the office, Great Bitter Lake

Offline DrRichP

• National Coordinator & AOC member
  • Senior Instructor-RBC/IBC
  • Southwest Regional Coordinator
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2018, 04:36:40 PM »
YES!!!!!!!

Are these backdateable, or are all of us going to have to flop down on a mat and requalify?

Asked and answered

Retroactive?  Or just on new AQT's?

New AQT's. The idea of tha patches was to give folks a reason to come back to Appleseed and strive for new goals; not to give out patches retroactively. If they did it before, they should be able to do it again. Come back to Appleseed!
DrRichP

'The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.' Socrates

'Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.'-Benjamin Franklin