News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

"Advanced" Rifleman patches

Started by Mrs. Smith, October 24, 2017, 08:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laredo

April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

RaggedHole

Quote from: 2 clicks low on January 04, 2018, 05:22:09 PM
I thought the patch after Rifleman was the Instructor Rocker, followed up by the Shoot Boss rocker?
Why has this changed?
2cl

To get more people back out to the line and present new challenges. I know a lot of shooters love coming out but aren't interested in instructing. I think it is great!
[Current Quest] Shoot Rifleman/230+ on a 5 minute "Down & Dirty" AQT. Equipment: 24" Henry Frontier Long Barrel w/ Lyman 17 Front Globe sight & Williams FP-GR-TK rear sights.

First Appleseed: Lewiston, ID 7/16
Rifleman Patch: Lewiston, ID 7/16' [218]
KD Qualified: Ramseur, NC 10/16 [40/50]
Orange Hat: Ramseur, NC 10/16
Personal Best: Waco, TX 4/18 [242/ DISTINGUISHED BADGE :)]

Appleseed Attended In [4/50] States: ID, WA, NC, TX, & KS

Birdman

I like the patches. It will probably result in more shooters on the line.

DrRichP

Quote from: Birdman on January 04, 2018, 10:04:47 PMI like the patches. It will probably result in more shooters on the line.

That's the hope.

New goals and new accomplishments for 2018.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

BeSwift

I'd recommend requal.. if for volunteers/RH/SB's then I'd say SB discretion.. Not official policy, just my opinion...

Quote from: Kennebago on January 04, 2018, 04:30:00 PM
YES!!!!!!!

Are these backdateable, or are all of us going to have to flop down on a mat and requalify?
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

BeSwift

This has not changed, but it'll give us several more shots (pun intended) at prior attendees who might now decide to step up...

I thought the patch after Rifleman was the Instructor Rocker, followed up by the Shoot Boss rocker?
Why has this changed?
2cl
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Monkey

Quote from: BeSwift on January 17, 2018, 08:11:41 PM
This has not changed, but it'll give us several more shots (pun intended) at prior attendees who might now decide to step up...

Why has this changed?
2cl

The new tabs (I don't call them rockers because they aren't shaped like rockers) will bring repeat students to the line and provide more OPPORTUNITY for exposure to INSPIRING instructors.

As instructors - really as storytellers - we have to do our part to convert that inspiration to action.
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

DrRichP

Quote from: Kennebago on January 04, 2018, 04:30:00 PM
YES!!!!!!!

Are these backdateable, or are all of us going to have to flop down on a mat and requalify?

Asked and answered

Quote from: DrRichP on January 06, 2018, 08:55:06 PM
Quote from: eaglescouter on January 06, 2018, 04:30:53 PMRetroactive?  Or just on new AQT's?

New AQT's. The idea of tha patches was to give folks a reason to come back to Appleseed and strive for new goals; not to give out patches retroactively. If they did it before, they should be able to do it again. Come back to Appleseed!
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Richard D. Jones

Waco had it's first "Distinguished" patch earned Saturday. Score was 240 scoped rifle. AWESOME!
"A Man's Pistol is used to get to his Rifle"

DrRichP

DrRichP

perdurabo

Are there rockers for 240+ with irons on a *** KD AQT ***?  I shot a 210 with irons (in the cold rain, I might add) at the last KD shoot in New Braunfels back in November.  I did that with my NM A2 but I'm considering taking my M1A for the KD shoot later this month.  Should I chase the 240+ distinguished rocker and bring my AR again, or should I try for rifleman score at all with 30cal and irons?  240+ in a KD with an M1A and irons might be a stretch for me right now, but it's one I'd like to try for at some point.   Having rockers for 240+irons+KD or 30cal+irons+KD sounds like a fun challenge.

DrRichP

Quote from: perdurabo on March 07, 2018, 03:58:24 PMAre there rockers for 240+ with irons on a *** KD AQT ***?  I shot a 210 with irons (in the cold rain, I might add) at the last KD shoot in New Braunfels back in November.  I did that with my NM A2 but I'm considering taking my M1A for the KD shoot later this month.  Should I chase the 240+ distinguished rocker and bring my AR again, or should I try for rifleman score at all with 30cal and irons?  240+ in a KD with an M1A and irons might be a stretch for me right now, but it's one I'd like to try for at some point.   Having rockers for 240+irons+KD or 30cal+irons+KD sounds like a fun challenge.

No, there are no additional rockers for 240+ with irons on a KD AQT. The 240 distinguished rocker and the KD rocker would apply if the scores were attained after those patches came out. We can't make rockers for everything, but I hope you achieve and enjoy the ones we have.
DrRichP

Bazooka Man

it's great to know the Distinguished Patch exists.  Now, if I could figure out how to get my patch for shooting a 244 back in January? Yes, it was after the emails went out about the Distinguished Patch program. The SB didn't know anything about the program and said I would eventually get mine. Follow up with the SB two months later and he says there are no patches available.  Right now I'm not too impressed with the implementation of the program.
June 15/16 2013 Rifleman (Charlotte, NC)
Feb. 7/8 2015 Rifleman (Boone, NC) (Winterseed)
April 18/19 2015 Rifleman (Ramseur, NC)
March, 2017 RBC Rifleman and KD Qualified
(Ramseur, NC) Took a Blue Hat.
April 22/23, 2017 Rifleman Requal (243)
Ramseur, NC
January 20/21, 2018 Rifleman Requal (244) Ramseur, NC
May 4/5, 2019 Rifleman Requal (249)
Ramseur, NC
May 24/25, 2019 KD Requal
Ramseur, NC
May 14, 2020 RBC Ramseur, NC Pistoleer™ Patch (220)

DrRichP

Quote from: Aim Small Hit Small on March 09, 2018, 06:13:05 PMit's great to know the Distinguished Patch exists.  Now, if I could figure out how to get my patch for shooting a 244 back in January? Yes, it was after the emails went out about the Distinguished Patch program. The SB didn't know anything about the program and said I would eventually get mine. Follow up with the SB two months later and he says there are no patches available.  Right now I'm not too impressed with the implementation of the program.

The Distinguished patches are most certainly available! I was at supply 2 weeks ago and saw them. Don't be on these threads spouting that B.S.  :tsk:

The Distinguished patches have been available since the program was announced and the patch program was implemented properly. Others have been awarding those patches.
Right now, I'm not too impressed with the follow-up from either you or your SB. !@#)

Instead of coming on here and posting B.S. of the patches not being available and the program not being implemented right; how about the alternate approach of just asking?

Something like "I shot a 244 back in January after the emails went out about the Distinguished Patch program but my SB didn't have one. When will they be available?" OR send the same in a PM to Thaddeus or Cousin Hart in supply chain and CC your SB.
DrRichP

Thaddeus

We're not sending out the 'Distinguished' patches en masse, but they are certainly available from supply.

Shoot bosses who witness someone shooting the criteria for award, or individuals who shoot the criteria (with shoot boss approval) can request a patch from supply.

Simply PM Thaddeus or Cousin Hart and we can get one sent right out.

Bazooka Man

Drrichp, what I posted was factual and not BS. I'm sorry if your feeling got hurt. That wasn't my intention. I have spent three months waiting on my numerous requests to the SB to act. I really thought that was the proper channel.
June 15/16 2013 Rifleman (Charlotte, NC)
Feb. 7/8 2015 Rifleman (Boone, NC) (Winterseed)
April 18/19 2015 Rifleman (Ramseur, NC)
March, 2017 RBC Rifleman and KD Qualified
(Ramseur, NC) Took a Blue Hat.
April 22/23, 2017 Rifleman Requal (243)
Ramseur, NC
January 20/21, 2018 Rifleman Requal (244) Ramseur, NC
May 4/5, 2019 Rifleman Requal (249)
Ramseur, NC
May 24/25, 2019 KD Requal
Ramseur, NC
May 14, 2020 RBC Ramseur, NC Pistoleer™ Patch (220)

DrRichP

Quote from: Aim Small Hit Small on March 12, 2018, 10:52:00 PMDrrichp, what I posted was factual and not BS. I'm sorry if your feeling got hurt. That wasn't my intention. I have spent three months waiting on my numerous requests to the SB to act. I really thought that was the proper channel.

My feelings are not hurt. The patches are, and have been available since the program was implemented. Any insinuation otherwise is not factual.

Your SB obviously did not know he needed to order them from supply. IF he had followed up with supply chain to ask, Thaddeus would have taken care of it. It doesn't seem as though that happened.

Comments like "Right now I'm not too impressed with the implementation of the program." on a forum thread as opposed to a simple PM or e-mail asking is never the best approach. Applying Occam's razor, which is more likely A) my SB doesn't have the patches and 2 mos later forgot to follow-up on how to get me one?; or B) the program is so incompetent they announced a program that 2 mos later still isn't implemented?  ??? Yeah, probably better to just ask.

I'm sorry if I seem sensitive. We ALL work very hard at the national level to be thoughtful and well planned and to do things well; from the AOC to Thaddeus and Cousin Hart in supply, to Scuzzy. All of us. To go on forums and see false criticism's like this (and it's not new), is getting old! Just ask first, just ask.

Have you gotten your patch yet? If not, please see what Thaddeus wrote:

Quote from: Thaddeus on March 10, 2018, 12:30:47 PMWe're not sending out the 'Distinguished' patches en masse, but they are certainly available from supply.

Shoot bosses who witness someone shooting the criteria for award, or individuals who shoot the criteria (with shoot boss approval) can request a patch from supply.

Simply PM Thaddeus or Cousin Hart and we can get one sent right out.

DrRichP

airplanejoe

I don't know how to insert quotes in my posts, so I refer whoever is interested to DrRichP last post. A reference is made to Occams Razor Principle, which essentially states that "the explanation requiring the fewest assumptions is most likely to be correct".
aj

Ricochet Rabbit

Quote from: airplanejoe on March 14, 2018, 10:40:44 AM
I don't know how to insert quotes in my posts, so I refer whoever is interested to DrRichP last post. A reference is made to Occams Razor Principle, which essentially states that "the explanation requiring the fewest assumptions is most likely to be correct".
aj

Look to the upper right corner of the post you want to quote...there's a button that says Quote. When you click that button, a new post will open for you that has the quote already inserted with all of the necessary tags.
"The most natural and eligible mode of attack on the part of the people is that of detached parties of bushmen who from their adroitness in the habitual use of the firelock suppose themselves sure of their mark at a distance of 200 [yards]." - Thomas Gage, March 4th, 1775

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption
of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the
Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters." - Daniel Webster

"When all connection, upheld by commerce, with the mother country, shall cease, it may be suspected that an independency of her government will soon follow." - Thomas Gage