News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Philly KD Planning Thread

Started by Corvette, October 23, 2017, 02:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Planning thread for the upcoming KD at New Philly/Tusco coming up in November. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

cwcdl79

I'm there with bells on! I have a couple sheets of cardboard saved up, would you like me to reinforce the top and bottom with tape, cut slits for zip ties? Brass buckets are ready for scavenging, I mean picking up brass. setting up Friday or Saturday?
now for the important questions, dish to pass dinner, or out?
Dom

Corvette

Dom

We will need 20 backers. I will get you the dimensions they should be trimmed to. We will drill holes and glue on washers for reinforcement on Friday night. Looking forward to the shoot.

Will figure out dinner on Sat when it gets a little closer.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Birdman

cwcdl79

Dimensions?? uhoh... Ok. I think I have about 40-50 sheets right now. planned on having enough in case of rain so we'd have fresh ones each day. let me know if you want them all, or just like 30.

Corvette

I'd bring at least 40 sheets if you have that many. We will have them if we need them.

Be in touch.

Corvette

EZ3

Do you want me to bring those three steel silhouettes?
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Ricochet Rabbit

Not camping, reserved a hotel. Jonathan and I should be there around 7:30 Saturday. See ya'll there.
"The most natural and eligible mode of attack on the part of the people is that of detached parties of bushmen who from their adroitness in the habitual use of the firelock suppose themselves sure of their mark at a distance of 200 [yards]." - Thomas Gage, March 4th, 1775

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption
of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the
Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters." - Daniel Webster

"When all connection, upheld by commerce, with the mother country, shall cease, it may be suspected that an independency of her government will soon follow." - Thomas Gage

Corvette

Sounds good, see you next weekend.

Corvette

cwcdl79

Plan on being down Friday evening around 6-7 ish.

Crazyduckhunter

Hello all. I was able to get out of work so able to attend this finally. I will be there Friday evening and will be camping out as well. I tried to sign up as a shooter since it sounded like there was a cancellation, not sure that I was successful in signing up though.

Are there any plans yet for food? I can bring bacon to add to Corvettes great breakfast sandwiches.

Ron
Crazyduckhunter

EZ3

Between Corvette and CDH I can see my diet is going down the tubes this weekend!   ;D

What can I bring?  Is there a place to build a campfire?  I've got lots of wood.

If the weather forecast holds there will probably be some cancellations/no shows, Ron.  If not, you can have my slot.

Badmoose

This is a question for Corvette.
I had an emergency come up last night that may affect my ability to attend this weekend.  I should know more by the end of the day.
I looked and didn't see any other KD events scheduled. I'm wondering what my option are if I have to cancel this one?

Best regards

LogCabinShooter

Will lunch be available, or are we to bring one?

EZ3

Quote from: Bigbearson on November 07, 2017, 07:00:25 AM
This is a question for Corvette.
I had an emergency come up last night that may affect my ability to attend this weekend.  I should know more by the end of the day.
I looked and didn't see any other KD events scheduled. I'm wondering what my option are if I have to cancel this one?

Best regards

FYI - there is a KD event the following weekend in Lewistown, PA with 7 slots open.  Mifflin County Sportsman's is a great 1000 yard range.

Crazyduckhunter

Log cabin shooter-

The event information page states *Lunch will be available for a reasonable cost.*

I myself have not been to this range for an event yet, so I do not know the details of this. Hopefully someone that has been here will chime in.

Texas T

I won't be able to make this one, but I've been to a half-dozen in the past. Usually, the club provides lunch, for an open donation, as a fund-raiser. Plenty of food, often enough that they have left-overs for Sunday. Corvette will probably weigh in as well, as he usually sets things up with the club.

As a side-note, this is one of the nicest ranges within a couple of hundred miles, so I hope that you all have a great time.   O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Badmoose

Thanks EZ3.

My emergency is resolved for now.  Thought I was going to have to have a new well put in this week.  I have a short term reprieve so I'll be at the shoot this weekend after all.