News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Orwell Gun Club, Sept 9-10 - Sold out - Planning thread.

Started by Crazyduckhunter, August 29, 2017, 08:01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazyduckhunter

Starting the planning thread for Orwell Gun Club a little early due to holiday weekend.

TexasT and myself will be camping at the range both Friday and Saturday nights. Anyone else that would like to camp with us is more than welcome to. I am planning on getting there on Friday evening around five or so to begin setting up the canopy, assemble the targets and set up of the target, firing & equipment lines. I will bring two five gallon containers of drinking water.

I will be making the Saturday dinner for the instructors/campers.
TexasT hopefully, will be making his breakfast sandwiches.
Anyone up for making lunches?

Texas T

I'll be there around 7 or so (have to work, then go home and pick up the trailer, etc). Should I assume that we'll be using the same stands/shoot line as last time? Are there enough stands for the 14 or so that we are expecting?

I'll be serving breakfast for all instructors, just need to know how many to plan for. Right now, I'm thinking all four of us. I haven't heard of anyone else joining us.

I will send out an email to all of the shooters, and a PM to instructors, on Thursday evening, so you might be watching for that.

It looks like a great weekend, weather around 70 or so, with little chance of rain.

Catch up with you all a little later.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Crazyduckhunter

Yes to the target stands and to the lines. I built 13 stands originally. 12 for use and 1 extra in case there were any failures during the weekend.
Have not been contacted by the potential walk ons. So will be just the 12 as listed.
Birdman is still not sure if he is able to make it. So looks just like 4 for breakfast/meals.

Ricochet Rabbit

I will be there, but will commute (this is the only range close enough to me for that). So, I will be there between 7 and 730 am on Saturday. Don't worry about a sandwich for me, I will grab something en route, and may pick up a couple dozen donuts from Biagio's, assuming they are open when I leave.
"The most natural and eligible mode of attack on the part of the people is that of detached parties of bushmen who from their adroitness in the habitual use of the firelock suppose themselves sure of their mark at a distance of 200 [yards]." - Thomas Gage, March 4th, 1775

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption
of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the
Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters." - Daniel Webster

"When all connection, upheld by commerce, with the mother country, shall cease, it may be suspected that an independency of her government will soon follow." - Thomas Gage

Crazyduckhunter

Spoke to Joe yesterday. He will be bringing lunch meats and all the makings for sandwiches. So looks like all food is taken care of for us. 

Birdman

Yep, I have to work...bummer. I will miss yous guys! Not sure about Sunday. I will pop in if I can.
Roger B

Crazyduckhunter

Sorry that you have to work Birdman. Hope you can make it on Sunday. Your going to miss out on venison/ground hot sausage stuffed into peppers.

Corvette

You guys look like you got everything covered.  Have a great shoot. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!