News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Southbury Ct, Aug. 19-20, 2017

Started by TOMINCT, August 22, 2017, 02:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOMINCT

A huge turnout at the return to the private range in Southbury, Ct. Several people from neighboring states came together to learn marksmanship and heritage and help with the teaching of it.

Saturday was spent with instruction and safety, and a lot of rifle difficulties. These ranged from ill fitting stocks, sights maxed in adjustment and malfunctions, zeroing problems, too many to list! The three strikes were interspersed throughout the day along with other stories of what Patriotism was viewed as 240+ years ago. All told most everyone hung tough and finished the day with a practice AQT.

Sunday was cool, much drier and with a tune up on fundamentals we progressed to the AQT.  We had two relays through the weekend and everything ran well. By the end of the day we had a few notable trying hard Rifleman. Peter and Mike both with a 206 and Stephen with a 191 for score. Improvement was seen amongst many of the shooters on Sunday's AQT's.

All told a great weekend, many shooters improved, even in the face of rifles malfing, having to change to loaner rifles, etc. We ran the shoot to about 6 pm before winding things down.

The instructor crew of Su:), Huysman, mwolf and Parallax did a great job on running the event, spending extra time with those who needed it and making sure the event was safe. Thanks to you all.

A big thank you to the landowner, Tom, for the use of his range. It's not easy to get access to an outdoor venue like this in SW Ct, it was good to return there. We hope to have other events there in the future.

And last but not least Team Northeast, as Vietvet likes to call us, has a new Red hat. mwolf has thru diligence and practice passed the PC for Instructor. Massachusetts and other surrounding states will be having use of his talents, especially here in Ct. Hint, hint!.  ;)

A Rifleman persists.

crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

Parallax

Definitely a big thank you to the landowner, Tom, for the use of his range.

Congratulations to MWolf for earning the red hat. Looking forward to having you come back to CT.

REDACTED

It was Fun and Informative.
I really wish day two went as well as day one, but I still enjoyed the suffering!

A Rifleman persists.
Never in Writing, Always in Cash!

REDACTED

It was Fun and Informative.
I really wish day two went as well as day one, but I still enjoyed the suffering!

A Rifleman persists.

thank you Everyone!
Never in Writing, Always in Cash!

su:)

Another great Appleseed weekend!
Big thanks to the landowner Tom for the use of his range, and to all who attended. Definitely a determined bunch.
Congratulations to mwolf on the red hat. I hope to see you all in September @ Blue Trail Range!!!

PeterH

Many, many thanks to Tom and the entire instruction team for what was a fun and informative first Appleseed experience for me.  I will surely repeat it soon -- and hopefully eke out 4 more points next time!  (I'll also be brushing up on David Hackett Fischer's work.)

Best regards to all who were in attendance!

BB213

Great two days. Learned a lot. Thanks to the landowners and our instructors for providing the opertunity. I hope to be back someday in the future.  :)